Where do you park? NEED YOUR HELP!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Where do you park? NEED YOUR HELP!

Yesterday there was a thread in OT asking where to find the best parking for Laker games. This topic comes up frequently.

I'm going to collect everyone's advice on the best places to park, compile them all in one map, break them down by price category, and make it a permanent download on LG.

So I need your input. Where is:

1. The best place to park for free?

2. The best place to park for $10 or less?

3. The best place to park fro $20 or less?

4. The best place to park for more than $20?

5. The best place to park to utilize the Metrolink.

6. The best disabled parking.

7. The most secure parking, regardless of price.

Please be as specific as possible -- i.e., give me a specific address, map coordinates, etc. Don't just give directions on how to find it -- I need to pinpoint it specifically on a map.

Thanks!

Last edited by LarryCoon on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm going to do a little project

LarryCoon wrote:
Yesterday there was a thread in OT asking where to find the best parking for Laker games. This topic comes up frequently.

I'm going to collect everyone's advice on the best places to park, compile them all in one map, break them down by price category, and make it a permanent download on LG.

So I need your input. Where is:

1. The best place to park for free?

That's tough, but on Sunday games there is on street parking at meters that obviously don't require change on Sunday. That said, good luck on finding a space.

2. The best place to park for $10 or less?

There is a secured lot in an office building at W 8th Place and Fransisco St that I have been parking at for years - easy parking and a short walk for $10. If you want to pay less, there is an outdoor lot across the street for $7. It also has quick and easy egress and access to the 110 north and south. You can be out of the lot and on the freeway in a heartbeat.

LINK

3. The best place to park fro $20 or less?

4. The best place to park for more than $20?

The problem with the more expensive lots is tha they are right in the thick of things, and now that LA Live is full force, getting out of those lots after the game and negotiating your way to your freeway route can be a hassle.

5. The best place to park to utilize the Metrolink.

I'll let you know when they finish the Expo Line.

Please be as specific as possible -- i.e., give me a specific address, map coordinates, etc. Don't just give directions on how to find it -- I need to pinpoint it specifically on a map.

Thanks!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Last night I parked on 11th and Grand. It's a straight shot to Staples, only about 3 blocks and it was $7.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to admit how much I am paying for the hotel parking. And I still need to walk a mile to Staples.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
G_DawgLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject:

GREAT IDEA LARRY!

On Grand and Hope across from Gas Station it is only 5-7 bucks and only 3 blocks.
MisterGMB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject:

Disabled Parking at Staples Center - Parking LOT W (West Garage) $25

Designated parking is available for guests with disabilities. These spaces, including van-accessible spaces, are designated for vehicles displaying a current state-issued disability placard or license plate. Guest Services can provide further information regarding parking access for guests with disabilities. They may require proof of California ADA registration. Please contact Guest Services at (213)742-7382.

http://www.staplescenter.com/doublecol.php?section=parking&page=parking
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject:

LC - alot of the parking decisions depend on which from direction the attendees will be arriving. I come in on the 10 W, and exit at Los Angeles Street, go one Block N and turn R on Main, Left on Pico. The best parking, IMO is to go up to Figueroa, turn Right, and then turn Left into the Convention Center lot right outside Staples - not the structure, just a long skinny lot right by the Convention Center along Figueroa called Gilbert Lindsay Drive. Problem is, this lot is often closed and fills up quickly when open, but if you get there early, it is a great place to park - usually $20.

Going out from there - the old Llovio Ford building, N of Pico between Fig and Flower actually has 2 lots. When you pull in the entrance you can go R or straight ahead for one parking service - their prices vary between 20 for a regular game to maybe 35-40 for the Playoffs. They stack the cars in and sometimes require that you leave your keys with any number of employees that they have working there, which makes for longer wait times to leave. However, when you pull into that same entrance and hang a left, there is a very nice gentleman who operates that lot and allows you to self park for $20. Much easier to get out from this side. Once parked, go through the lot, along the backside of the building, through the newly lighted season ticket parking lot between Fig and 12, diagonally approaching the Southern entrance to Staples. Can't miss it and a quick walk.

If $20 is too rich, across Pico, between Flower and Hope is a nicely lit lot that charges 10-15, IIRC and is only a block farther from the Llovio lots.

However, the biggest bargain I've found (and I hesitate to let this slip, but anything for LG) is a parking structure with security guards and elevator access on Hope across from the Hospital. Parking is $6. From Staples it is a quick walk diagonally through the two lots already mentioned and 1/3 block further on the N side of Hope. Elevator up to your car, no traffic in or out, $6 fee, and everything is great. In fact, that structure has a GREAT view of the Convention Center, Staples and the skyline, so come for the sunset and bring a picnic.

Another quick tip, when leaving thses lots everyone takes Pico E, to Grand S, to 18th Street E, and then enters the 10 E at Los Angeles Street. Way too much traffic. Instead, take Pico E past Grand, all the way to Los Angeles street, turn R and go under the 10 to the entrance on your Left. Glance over to the traffic light and line of your fellow Laker fans who went the other way and are now stuck in traffic having a staring contest with the vagrant looking for spare change.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject:

MisterGMB wrote:

Thanks -- I'll definitely include a category for best disabled parking.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
LC - alot of the parking decisions depend on which from direction the attendees will be arriving.

Agreed -- I want to have multiple selections in each price category for that reason.

Keep the suggestions coming, everyone!
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I usually park in a lot at the intersection of Pico and Hope. It looks a bit shady, but I've had no problems. 5-7 dollars. About 3 blocks from Staples.
smokestack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Free shuttle from USC to LA Live!

http://www.lalive.com/content.php?section=offers&page=usc
MisterGMB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
MisterGMB wrote:

Thanks -- I'll definitely include a category for best disabled parking.

Thanks. I am going to the game next Sunday and taking my Dad who is Disabled. I had to do some research on the parking situation.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Larry and everyone else who's participating: a huge THANKS! For us folks who don't live in the LA area, this is a great service.

I'd love a hotel & bar list for visitors such as myself who travel to LA to take in a Laker game...let me know if you have such info as well. I'd be happy to help compile..
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

I like the parking lot just south of 8th on Fig -it's on the left as you head north. Usually $6, but I've seen it as low as 4 and as high as 10. The nice thing about is, aside from being a block from where the 20 dollar lots seem to start, is that if you park in the back of the lot you can get on the 101 north by turning right, then left onto 8th, putting you on the onramp.

I'm usually home (Los Feliz) 20-25 minutes after the game finishes.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Mr Coon, can you add most secure parking regardless of price. Thanks.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Mr Coon, can you add most secure parking regardless of price. Thanks.

Sure, if people want to suggest some venues.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Okay guys, we've had the most suggestions for $10 and under. Only a vague mention about free parking -- where are the best places for free parking? I know the spots may fill up quickly -- first come, first served. Where should people go? Specific street names and blocks (e.g., "between X and Y") please.

And as DMR said, please indicate whether they are always free, or free only on certain days.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I park on the corner of Flower and Olympic it's 15 bucks.

Where you park also depends on what side of the court you need to reach. It makes a big difference which side you enter the arena too. Anyone know how much the LA live parking is for a Laker game on Olympic?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Get off the 9th St. exit on the 110 North. Stay in the left lane to just after the "Crossing Peds" sign. There is a gated "WallyPark". (look for the L&R Group sign)

After parking, use the alley ("Cottage Place") next to the Salvation Army - to go past the Figueroa Hotel to the "LA Live" side of the block. 2 Blocks to Staples. Cost - Sitting down? $7
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject:

There's free parking at the Cypress/Lincoln metro station, on the Gold Line just north of downtown. I'd personally never leave my car there after dark, but if you've just been diagnosed with a blown head gasket, and want Allstate to reimburse some of your paid premiums? , it's a good spot.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
chickenstew
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Before the game. Find the Figueroa Hotel (mural). Walk straight to the back. Order a marg. Its been a while so it may be choke.

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Larry and everyone else who's participating: a huge THANKS! For us folks who don't live in the LA area, this is a great service.

I'd love a hotel & bar list for visitors such as myself who travel to LA to take in a Laker game...let me know if you have such info as well. I'd be happy to help compile..

Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject:

$5.00 Cheap,Close and Safe

Last night I scoped out a great $5.00 parking lot on 888 S. Figueroa just north of L.A. Live and the Pantry across the street. This is a lot in the bottom of high rise Panamerica and the lot is safe, well lit and you enter and exit through the Panamerica lobby quickly.

Entrance to Parking
On West 9th between Figueroa and Flower.

Good Escape from Downtown
When you exit you can head North on Figueroa and take a quick left on West 8th Street to the Freeway. This puts you right on the 101 if you are headed south towards the 10 Freeway its perfect.
Frankdatank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject:

The lot behind Just Tires.
bruceleroy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject:

i work a block away and i just park there. i think visitors park 6 dollar max. 1 for every 15 mins. caifornia hospital. 1338 s hope st
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Keep them coming, please! I'll keep collecting ideas for another week or so, then try to compile them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: