OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1192, 1193, 1194 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'd rather have Ball at the 1 and Hart, or KCP at the two. I don't see a reason for Ball and Rondo to be on the court together.

Rocket science... it's what coaches do. They overthink things. Lonzo and Hart are the top 2 back court players on our team, and should be starters when the dust settles. Dust might not settle until we're done with our flexibility/1 yr rental phase.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I'd rather have Ball at the 1 and Hart, or KCP at the two. I don't see a reason for Ball and Rondo to be on the court together.

Rocket science... it's what coaches do. They overthink things. Lonzo and Hart are the top 2 back court players on our team, and should be starters when the dust settles. Dust might not settle until we're done with our flexibility/1 yr rental phase.

I'm good with Lonzo-Hart-BI-LeBron-McGee as 1st unit, imagine the 2nd unit:

Rondo-KCP-Lance-Kuzma-Beasley/Zubac... might be best in league (offensively)
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

they played hart and kcp together for some stretch and it didnt look bad
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

I like the way he played last night. Looks way stronger, I believe the offense changes when he's there, defense too. He has some intangible that just does not show on box score. Something about him that the pace already fast with Rondo kicks up another notch with him.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The advantage would be speed. Frankly, I'm not sure Rondo is all that needed in the starting lineup. Ingram can do whatever secondary ball handling is needed, while an extra shooter in his place compliments Lebron better.

I think Hart, and KCP are faster than Rondo. Maybe I just don't see it, but I can't think of a single reason why Rondo needs to be on the court with Ball.

They're faster in foot speed but they don't push the ball. The combo conceivable would Lonzo a chance to finally throw down some lobs on the break (they almost connected on one last night) like he did so often at UCLA.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Rondo will be a great backup PG this season. But it's so obvious Lonzo is a better player at this point and more impactful overall. Lonzo led the team in minutes per game last season, perhaps to his detriment as a scrawny teenager breaking into the league. If he doesn't average at least 30 minutes a game this season, if he's healthy, then Luke is making a huge mistake with his lineups and rotations.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

The advantage would be speed. Frankly, I'm not sure Rondo is all that needed in the starting lineup. Ingram can do whatever secondary ball handling is needed, while an extra shooter in his place compliments Lebron better.

I think Hart, and KCP are faster than Rondo. Maybe I just don't see it, but I can't think of a single reason why Rondo needs to be on the court with Ball.

They're faster in foot speed but they don't push the ball. The combo conceivable would Lonzo a chance to finally throw down some lobs on the break (they almost connected on one last night) like he did so often at UCLA.

Yea, I don't like it.. We push with or without Rondo on the court. Zo can get lobs from Bron and Ingram.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Yea it’s gonna be great seeing those three on the floor together. The team missed Lonzo on so many cuts last year it’ll be great to see him rewarded for getting himself open.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

You all realize it's PRE-season, right? That glorious time of year when coaches get to experiment with unusual line ups. Don't think you'll see much of Lonzo and Rondo on the floor together once the games matter.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

Yep, I'm pretty sure we all realize rotations aren't solidified.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Zo is such a good defender. It is so obvious we are much better on the perimeter and defending pick and rolls. I cant wait for him to get into game shape. He is already our 2nd best defender and will only get better as he gets that experience under his belt. It seems the national media doesnt recognize how good he is on defense listening to the commentators. Crazy how blind they are.

He is definitely our best defender. As a rookie he was our best defender based off raw and advanced defensive stats. Just from one game alone, you can tell his size is going to help out even more on the defensive end. Not to mention the experience gained and getting used to the speed of the game. He has all-nba 1st team defensive potential.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
You all realize it's PRE-season, right? That glorious time of year when coaches get to experiment with unusual line ups. Don't think you'll see much of Lonzo and Rondo on the floor together once the games matter.

Luke is not exactly known as a genius with rotations/minutes management. Quite the opposite actually. So it’s valid to be skeptical of Luke’s questionable lineup management even in the pre-season when he has yet to prove otherwise in his 3 years of coaching.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Luke is not exactly known as a genius with rotations/minutes management. Quite the opposite actually. So it’s valid to be skeptical of Luke’s questionable lineup management even in the pre-season when he has yet to prove otherwise in his 3 years of coaching.

What specifically don’t you like about them?
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is good. He will start.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

You can literally view my posts within the last 10 or so pages on the Luke Walton thread. All where I comment almost on a game to game basis on Luke’s poor rotation management.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Megaton wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

You can literally view my posts within the last 10 or so pages on the Luke Walton thread. All where I comment almost on a game to game basis on Luke’s poor rotation management.

I assumed there’s a general thesis of why you hate them so much that you could support your claim with. I generally like and agree with his rotations.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

I really hope he can stay healthy because thats the only thing stopping him from greatness.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Mamba&Magic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Love this video and really looking forward to seeing Lonzo quiet the critics this season. He brings a lot to the floor, illustrated very well by your video's GT. Great effort as usual.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm not crying, you're crying.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

That play where Beasley passes up the open 3 to drive in for an offensive foul still make me cringe. Swaggy wouldn't do that..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering why Zo had that patch near his elbow last game. I thought he had gotten a fresh tat and was just keeping it safe for now. Turns out the NBA made him cover up the BBB tat he has a la JR Smith needing to cover his product placement tat.

That splains it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I was wondering why Zo had that patch near his elbow last game. I thought he had gotten a fresh tat and was just keeping it safe for now. Turns out the NBA made him cover up the BBB tat he has a la JR Smith needing to cover his product placement tat.

That splains it.

So dumb.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
epak wrote:

That splains it.

So dumb.

I think it's the right call by the nba from a business stand point.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Judah wrote:
epak wrote:

That splains it.

So dumb.

I think it's the right call by the nba from a business stand point.

Why, it's not like BBB is any kind of threat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1192, 1193, 1194 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1193 of 1688
Jump to: