OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

JH
KL
LB
Kuz
AD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
JH
KL
LB
Kuz
AD

rings and things
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
JH
KL
LB
Kuz
AD

I don't think you can get AD without giving 2 or 3 of Lonzo/BI/Hart/Kuz plus salary ballast (which we wouldn't have if we signed KL).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

LB
JH
BI
LBJ
KD
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

I love Josh Hart but I can’t understand how people see him as a viable option at PG.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
Anyone opposed to bringing Nance Jr. back as our backup C next season?

No, but how and with what money?

They un-retire his dad’s jersey for him. He not going anywhere but if Rondo/McGee works out well this season (so far looking good), once we sign our max, hope we can sign them with the MLE/mini MLE or whatever it’s called

I hope they're not that expensive. The Lakers will also have their Early Bird Rights in 2020 and could give them more money above the cap then.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

I think Boston will trade Tatum if they can get AD.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Maybe if they get RJ Barrett in the draft.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

They'd have to wait until 2019-20. Can't trade for AD right now b/c of CBA rules.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/nbcsports/status/1050542837157253120?s=21

The expected outcome all along, once he didn't sign the mega-deal he could have with them.

He isn’t a FA for 2 seasons, there has been no mega deal he could have signed. It will be interesting to see if one is offered.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Spurs lose Derrick White for 6-8 weeks with a heel injury. The Lakers should trade them Alex Caruso and Zu for Jakob Poeltl.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Spurs lose Derrick White for 6-8 weeks with a heel injury. The Lakers should trade them Alex Caruso for Jakob Poeltl.

Do it...um, Pelinka?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Judah wrote:
chantruong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Judah wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think anyone is gonna go to the Knicks until they start winning, and I highly doubt the Pelicans want anyone on the Knicks roster for AD unless the Knicks are willing to include there prized prospect Porgz, Knox isn’t close to the value AD seeks in a trade and Mitchell Robinson and Nitilikina will likely only be good role players so not enough value.

A lack of winning did not discourage Lebron from coming here. Also, I didn't know AD not only has the authority to approve trades for himself, but he will reject the trade if not enough value is going out. Thank you as always for the spectacular reporting.

I think he's saying that the Pelicans can find a better package for AD than one that's headlined by Knox.

It all depends on whether Boston would back down from "we're not resigning in Boston" threats.

But a package of Knox + Next year's Knicks pick (top 5, maybe top 3 if they win the lottery) plus a future pick + Ntilikina + Mitchell Robinson is a decent package. If they sign KD or Kawhi with that max slot, they have a pretty ferocious team.

And yes, that narrowly beats our "Josh Hart + Mo + picks" package that i've seen kicked around here lol.

Btw, have people seen Knox play this preseason? He might be pretty damn good. Better than anything we'd offer as long as Lonzo and BI aren't being included in deals (and yes, that includes Kuzma).

People here suggested Hart + Mo + picks for AD

I think most of us would gladly part with BI + Kuz + Hart + Couple 1sts for AD.

Some would give up the whole crew if necessary especially if we got Kawhi and KD

Giving up all three of those guys plus multiple firsts is an overpay IMO.

It may be but if we are serious in getting him we have to consider who we are competing against. No matter what Davis' camp says several teams will go after him. Definitely Boston, LA. NY, Philly. Even teams like Phoenix would could part with a lottery pick.

And Davis’ camp has said nothing
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Spurs lose Derrick White for 6-8 weeks with a heel injury. The Lakers should trade them Alex Caruso for Jakob Poeltl.

Do it...um, Pelinka?

After the Spurs 5-14 start watch Pop sit DeRozan and LMA with mysterious ailments. It's going to suck having to watch Zion Williamson in a Spurs uniform.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:
IF Durant does come to our team next year, are we willing to give up ALL (probably) of our kids to S&T for Davis?

I feel like we're set if we get either Durant or Leonard next year.

I still haven't seen a coherent argument as to why Durant leaves the Warriors, leaving one of the greatest, if not THE greatest team of all time (or at least furthering that claim) AND giving up a ton of money to come here. If he's giving up all that, it's for his own legacy. What does playing Robin to Lebron, and once again not even being one of the Top 2 most revered players on the team by its own fans, do for him? So he can say he helped a different superstar win another title? How does that quell all the stuff said about him now?

Meanwhile, he goes to the Knicks or Clippers, he gets primary credit for any titles won. He becomes THE guy of that team. Even if they get AD later (same reason Lebron will get first credit if we sign another star--he got the ball rolling). And anyone saying the Clippers and Knicks aren't winning enough to attract him obviously spaced out on the last 5 years around here.

You don't have to look any further than the fact that he didn't sign long-term there. If that was the place he saw himself for the next few years, he would have signed the 10+year maximum extension that he was eligible for. The owner was on record as saying that he could get whatever contract he wanted. You don't think it's telling that he chose a deal that he could get out of after 1 year? Just as LeBron wasn't willing to commit long-term, it's the same with Durant. It wasn't a happy locker room last season and there was far more drama than the public realizes, and the players even alluded to it.

I'd be genuinely shocked if he stayed there. The writing is on the wall, and the tea leaves are there to be read.

The writing on the wall is that KD is heavily invested in Silicon Valley and moved next to where the new GS arena will be.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Arbitrary wrote:
IF Durant does come to our team next year, are we willing to give up ALL (probably) of our kids to S&T for Davis?

I feel like we're set if we get either Durant or Leonard next year.

I still haven't seen a coherent argument as to why Durant leaves the Warriors, leaving one of the greatest, if not THE greatest team of all time (or at least furthering that claim) AND giving up a ton of money to come here. If he's giving up all that, it's for his own legacy. What does playing Robin to Lebron, and once again not even being one of the Top 2 most revered players on the team by its own fans, do for him? So he can say he helped a different superstar win another title? How does that quell all the stuff said about him now?

Meanwhile, he goes to the Knicks or Clippers, he gets primary credit for any titles won. He becomes THE guy of that team. Even if they get AD later (same reason Lebron will get first credit if we sign another star--he got the ball rolling). And anyone saying the Clippers and Knicks aren't winning enough to attract him obviously spaced out on the last 5 years around here.

You don't have to look any further than the fact that he didn't sign long-term there. If that was the place he saw himself for the next few years, he would have signed the 10+year maximum extension that he was eligible for. The owner was on record as saying that he could get whatever contract he wanted. You don't think it's telling that he chose a deal that he could get out of after 1 year? Just as LeBron wasn't willing to commit long-term, it's the same with Durant. It wasn't a happy locker room last season and there was far more drama than the public realizes, and the players even alluded to it.

I'd be genuinely shocked if he stayed there. The writing is on the wall, and the tea leaves are there to be read.

The writing on the wall is that KD is heavily invested in Silicon Valley and moved next to where the new GS arena will be.

So? La to SF is barely an hour long plane

Lol
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-hung-jimmy-butler-talks-034719927.html

Lol i love Riles, always oldschool. Isnt Thibs from Riley coaching tree btw?

Riles was willing to give up Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and a 1st round pick and Thibs still wanted more?

Lol on wanting to dump Dieng. Thibs is the one who gave him that huge extension. Although, to be fair, I think it happened in the 2016 Summer of Madness.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Spurs have always been relatively healthy in every year I have watched them besides the year Leonard got injured in the playoffs, now they are getting injuries left and right, at this rate Pop might retire by Christmas.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Palin wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-riley-called-tom-thibodeau-motherf-hung-jimmy-butler-talks-034719927.html

Riles was willing to give up Josh Richardson, Dion Waiters and a 1st round pick and Thibs still wanted more?

Lol on wanting to dump Dieng. Thibs is the one who gave him that huge extension. Although, to be fair, I think it happened in the 2016 Summer of Madness.

Waiters' contract is so toxic. It makes sense that Thibs would want to swap mistake contracts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Interesting tidbit about the Lakers and 3s:

Quote:
JM: That's the bully of the guards. At practice, we have this drill where dunks and layups are worth more than threes and mid-range shots, and that's one drill he's extremely good at, because of how strong, fast and aggressive he is.

I'm sure it's just one drill, but drills drill certain things in players' minds too.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800455-qa-with-javale-mcgee-his-take-on-music-basketball-and-the-king
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

If the Warriors win again this year, Durant isn't going to be leaving. People are crazy to think that. He's not dumb enough to leave a team on a roll of being a dynasty.

Who is making this crap up? Duh

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
JM: That's the bully of the guards. At practice, we have this drill where dunks and layups are worth more than threes and mid-range shots, and that's one drill he's extremely good at, because of how strong, fast and aggressive he is.

I'm sure it's just one drill, but drills drill certain things in players' minds too.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2800455-qa-with-javale-mcgee-his-take-on-music-basketball-and-the-king

And Javale was talking about Josh Hart
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
If the Warriors win again this year, Durant isn't going to be leaving. People are crazy to think that. He's not dumb enough to leave a team on a roll of being a dynasty.

Who is making this crap up? Duh

If the Lakers beat the Warriors in the WCF, I can’t see him staying there with the Lakers getting back to top status and the Warriors run likely ending with Green’s and Klay’s future up in the air... I would say there is a good chance we get him especially if we are the ones who beat his team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

And Javale was talking about Josh Hart

And other teams are doing the opposite, even painting certain areas of the court (3 pointers) a different color to psychologically drill players to shoot more 3s.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Palin wrote:

Buy Dieng out Thibs! We’ll take him for the minimum (I mean u got Deng, only fair)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 113 of 8560
Jump to: