RAPTORS -at- LAKERS ā€“ 11-4-18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

I wish Lonzo could be a little bit more like Nick Van Exel. Skill wise of course Lonzo is way better but nick had that swagger about him that he thought he could beat anyone and he always got our fans behind the team.. I hate how lonzo lacks any emotion.. it makes him look like hes not really into the game, and that sh1t from fans standpoint is really hard to accept.
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Thanks DB.

That Raptor team looks legit. They better not be just regular season contenders like years past and actually kick Boston ass in the playoffs this year.

I hope not, because if they win the East, KL may stay with the Raptors
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

last time we were down by a million early to the raptors, kobe went off and we ended up beating them by a million. we had a bad team back then, too.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the 1st 1 was horrendous, but I salute them for not quitting. When they cut it to 17 in the 3rd I was sure they'd bring forth a miracle. A couple of mistakes, the lead balooned again and that was pretty much that. Schedule loss either way, but at least they didn't lay down and quit. I probably would have after a 31 point deficit.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Thanks DB. Probably one of those games they should just forget ever happened and move on.

Ha, I was worried I'd have to listen to John Ireland repeat the same question over and over after this game. "Is this one of those games you just throw away and forget about or...blah, blah, blah."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
The one thing about our desire to "push pace" that jumps out to me at times is that is supposed to be our strength and what we want but it ends up more times than not this year having the opponent seemingly feel very comfortable and enjoying that style as it just seems like playground basketball ...very little d and lots of offense.

And lakers are hit and miss with the style at times. With the insistence to push pace have come too many court long passes on momentum possessions that are just picked off, wasting golden opportunities. Lots of reckless looking possessions where we try to low percentage passes for easy looks or justvhave flat out bad passes or clunky possessions where guys are trying to play fast but tripping on their own feet or not dribbling the ball effectively.

It's like they are unable to play under control, and go helter skelter, frantic...which is exactly what their d is. Out of control and unreliable. Their best defense they showed this year was for about a 10 minute span on Saturday but for the most part in most games it's a reliably unreliable sieve. And tonight the raptors feasted on it, as have other teams.

They definitely need to value possessions better. The offensive boards and unforced turnovers we give up are killers. I think it's just a matter of finding balance between the two. Get the stop, the board, then go. Watch the defenders before making the long passes. Fill the lanes, get to your spots and look for secondary breaks. If that's not there, don't force it. Some of those possession where we've forced it backfire badly, points the other way or some momentum lost like with KCP the other night when he was pushing out the dribble through traffic.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Thanks DB, missed this for a Diwali party with family. Probably for the best. This is the definition of a schedule loss, and if you pair with Ibaka shooting 15-17 (what??)... well it is what it is.

I would definitely rather have gone to a Diwali party.

Thanks for the write up DB
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Just another game to add to the
ones Iā€™d like to try and forget forever.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

VincentTH wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Thanks DB.

That Raptor team looks legit. They better not be just regular season contenders like years past and actually kick Boston ass in the playoffs this year.

I hope not, because if they win the East, KL may stay with the Raptors

Did LeBron winning the East make him stay in Cleveland?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Thanks DB. Probably one of those games they should just forget ever happened and move on.

Ha, I was worried I'd have to listen to John Ireland repeat the same question over and over after this game. "Is this one of those games you just throw away and forget about or...blah, blah, blah."

John Ireland sucks.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. It was the first game I'd tuned into and well, I moved on to something - anything - after the first quarter. Yow, it was a stinker. Whatever we thought was true about Kuzma guarding mobile men in space - inside or outside - is no longer the same now.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
tox wrote:
Thanks DB, missed this for a Diwali party with family. Probably for the best. This is the definition of a schedule loss, and if you pair with Ibaka shooting 15-17 (what??)... well it is what it is.

I would definitely rather have gone to a Diwali party.

For sure. Wish I was doing some Diwali partying.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
last time we were down by a million early to the raptors, kobe went off and we ended up beating them by a million. we had a bad team back then, too.

Except we have no Kobe this time.
And no-one even remotely close to his killer mentality.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: