Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Have a friend that goes to that bar regularly. He was planning on going last night and fell asleep after work so didn't end up going. The crazy part is that he was also at that Vegas concert a year or so ago that had the mass shooting.

My son has a friend who survived both shootings, that poor girl. It’s reported that they need O negative blood, my son has that type and is on his way to La Reina high to donate.

Sending Thanks to your Son. Props to him for sure
Thank you
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

So this sounds like a military guy with PTSD (IMO)? Maybe this will lead to a real conversation about how crappy Veterans are treated in this country.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
So this sounds like a military guy with PTSD (IMO)? Maybe this will lead to a real conversation about how crappy Veterans are treated in this country.

Local NBC crew was at the shooters house almost immediately and caught the next-door neighbor who just said he had been having "a lot of problems" lately and didn't seem at all shocked by the news it was him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Not the right time or place for this conversation. There are no moral victories here.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Not the right time or place for this conversation. There are no moral victories here.

What?

How can you tell someone not to look for some positive outcome

Are you sending thoughts and prayers?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

What?

Not to bring this up again but thoughts and prayers might as well be bullets at the next mass shooting.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

What?

I look at it like this: Let's say tomorrow they pass a bill giving veterans exactly everything they wanted.

So, that's a good thing right? Helping veterans out. Veterans certainly deserve it.

All this time, veterans have been fighting for better treatment. What does it take to get it? A veteran shooting up a bar killing innocent civilians.

You want to talk about that right now as a positive outcome of this? Be my guest. I feel it's wrong.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Have a friend that goes to that bar regularly. He was planning on going last night and fell asleep after work so didn't end up going. The crazy part is that he was also at that Vegas concert a year or so ago that had the mass shooting.

My son has a friend who survived both shootings, that poor girl. It’s reported that they need O negative blood, my son has that type and is on his way to La Reina high to donate.

My buddy is a photographer and does work for the bar. He says he didn't recognize the shooter as being a regular customer. Wonder why he chose that venue as his target.

It is close to his home in Newbury Park and Wednesday is college night so those younger than 21can get in. My son’s friend said it wasn’t as packed as normal.

I saw the procession transporting the sheriff sergeant’s body from TO to the ME in Ventura. The overpasses were packed with first responders and citizens, there was a great show of respect. If only we could show that respect every day.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

What?

I look at it like this: Let's say tomorrow they pass a bill giving veterans exactly everything they wanted.

So, that's a good thing right? Helping veterans out. Veterans certainly deserve it.

All this time, veterans have been fighting for better treatment. What does it take to get it? A veteran shooting up a bar killing innocent civilians.

You want to talk about that right now as a positive outcome of this? Be my guest. I feel it's wrong.

Hopefully you can see that nobody takes these types of arguments serious

You say "give them everything THEY ####"want"####"

I don't communicate with people who speak in unreasonable terms and then want me to argue my way through nonsense

If a citizen of this country was given more mental health because they NEED it not WANT IT

Do you think this guy enjoyed suffering from PTSD because he murdered people in yours and my name?

If I was a parent of one of the deceased I would hope one of the things to come out of it was easier access to and better quality mental health practices in this country and especially for citizens we trained to murder people with a high degree of accuracy
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

What?

Hopefully you can see that nobody takes these types of arguments serious

You say "give them everything THEY ####"want"####"

I don't communicate with people who speak in unreasonable terms and then want me to argue my way through nonsense

If a citizen of this country was given more mental health because they NEED it not WANT IT

Do you think this guy enjoyed suffering from PTSD because he murdered people in yours and my name?

If I was a parent of one of the deceased I would hope one of the things to come out of it was easier access to and better quality mental health practices in this country and especially for citizens we trained to murder people with a high degree of accuracy

I’ve voiced my opinion, I’ve said my piece.

This conversation is already trending in a way that I didn’t want it to go.

If you and The Lebrons want to continue talking about veterans reforms, I won’t utter another word. But I really don’t want to continue on this topic

Out of respect for the victims, I don’t want to hijack this thread.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

An oldie but a goodie.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

So we need more guns in:

churches
bars
country concerts
hotels
markets
synagogues
schools...

anywhere else?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Out of respect for the victims, I don’t want to hijack this thread.

I tend to believe that the victims would like to see reforms in regards to treatment of our veterans so their aren't more people who have to meet the same fate they did. I know if I were the family member of a victim, that's how I'd feel. If it were my kid shot dead.

Sorry, but this same old (bleep) - "We can't talk about the factors that lead to people being shot in mass shootings because of the victims" - is the reason these things go unaddressed. We became a soulless nation the day all those kids were murdered at Sandy Hook and we let just the "thoughts and prayers" zombies dictate our response.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So we need more guns in:

churches
bars
country concerts
hotels
markets
synagogues
schools...

anywhere else?

You forgot movie theaters.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

This is a case that opens the mental health debate. From what I read and heard signs were present but not acted on. How many people do you see walking around talking to themselves and are ignored. I'm guilty.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Thief wrote:

Sending Thanks to your Son. Props to him for sure
Thank you

+1000!!!

Coach Wooden
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

If this doesn't affect you you are likely suffering from something
The Rational National
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

These "soldiers" know what they're signing up for. Let's not pretend this is the cream of the crop enlisting into the military here. You give an already below average IQ mfer a gun and license to kill and expect them to integrate back into society with no issues, you're asking for trouble.

Shame on the country for having such a BS program. Killing in the name of.... what? No need for all this madness.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Jihadis don't even have to bother anymore. Americans are doing a great job at suicide terror attacks on innocent people.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

It is close to his home in Newbury Park and Wednesday is college night so those younger than 21can get in. My son’s friend said it wasn’t as packed as normal.

I saw the procession transporting the sheriff sergeant’s body from TO to the ME in Ventura. The overpasses were packed with first responders and citizens, there was a great show of respect. If only we could show that respect every day.

Great job by your son VLF, he obviously has his heart in the right place and you are proud of him I am sure.

I can't imagine the thoughts of the people who were there that were also at the shooting in Las Vegas. That is just crazy.

Ron Helus (the officer who was killed) apparently saved quite a few lives with his heroic actions. Rest in Peace Sir, thank you for your service.
pimp8o5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Smh
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

So it turns out that my 2nd cousin, who is a 19-year-old sophomore at Pepperdine, was not there last night, thank goodness. It just hits so close to home, especially when I found out that, yes, he has been to that establishment many times and knew people who went last night.

It's beyond tragic to know that many people who were at the Route 91 Las Vegas shooting were also there in Thousand Oaks last night, and one even died last night after surviving the Vegas event.

And as the sheriff said, Mr. Helus died a hero. I can't even imagine the kind of courage it takes to run into that kind of danger, in an effort to save lives. Which he undoubtedly did with his sacrifice.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
So it turns out that my 2nd cousin, who is a 19-year-old sophomore at Pepperdine, was not there last night, thank goodness. It just hits so close to home, especially when I found out that, yes, he has been to that establishment many times and knew people who went last night.

It's beyond tragic to know that many people who were at the Route 91 Las Vegas shooting were also there in Thousand Oaks last night, and one even died last night after surviving the Vegas event.

And as the sheriff said, Mr. Helus died a hero. I can't even imagine the kind of courage it takes to run into that kind of danger, in an effort to save lives. Which he undoubtedly did with his sacrifice.

A friend of a person I haven't talked to since high school lost someone in the shooting, and even that is too close to home.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
These "soldiers" know what they're signing up for. Let's not pretend this is the cream of the crop enlisting into the military here. You give an already below average IQ mfer a gun and license to kill and expect them to integrate back into society with no issues, you're asking for trouble.

Shame on the country for having such a BS program. Killing in the name of.... what? No need for all this madness.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

And now all these terrible fires. I can't even believe what this area is having to deal with in the past 30 hours or so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: