Western Conference Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think it’s better for us that Blazers lost, Clippers don’t have the resiliency to keep winning all season long, there is a better chance we are gonna battle with POR all season long for playoff positioning.

They are the definition of resilient tbh. We can maybe hope for a regression since they have won a couple of games they had no business winning. Otherwise, I don’t know they might actually make the playoffs, provided they stay healthy of course.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
In a world where Mozdeng never happened

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

How much better would we be?

I won’t lie. That looks like a Squad. At least we’d have Russell to hit the free throws He was pretty solid from the line, if I remember correctly

He shoots around the same % as LeBron
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

I won’t lie. That looks like a Squad. At least we’d have Russell to hit the free throws He was pretty solid from the line, if I remember correctly

Damn. Really? That’s surprising. His shot was so smooth

Last edited by Kobe2Lonz0 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think it’s better for us that Blazers lost, Clippers don’t have the resiliency to keep winning all season long, there is a better chance we are gonna battle with POR all season long for playoff positioning.

They are the definition of resilient tbh. We can maybe hope for a regression since they have won a couple of games they had no business winning. Otherwise, I don’t know they might actually make the playoffs, provided they stay healthy of course.

That’s the problem, Gallo is super injury prone, they also can’t rely on SGA to keep contributing cause he will go on a major funk at some point, I just don’t see how they don’t fall out, if they don’t then Rivers should be in conversations for 1 of the greatest coaches ever.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

That’s the problem, Gallo is super injury prone, they also can’t rely on SGA to keep contributing cause he will go on a major funk at some point, I just don’t see how they don’t fall out, if they don’t then Rivers should be in conversations for 1 of the greatest coaches ever.

He’s already in the running for Most Annoying
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
DLO and Randle with huge games in back to back nights.

Perhaps a cautionary tale on trading away all our youth.

Yet neither could get their team a win.

We could have easily been 9-10 if not for Bron going off for 44 and 51. Our 9-3 streak has been with a relatively easy schedule as well. Lost both games against an average East team in Magic. If we are gonna depend on 34 year Bron to play out of his skin to see us through against the upper tier of West and East teams, playoffs spot could be a nailbiter. Randle instead of KCP and Beasley would have given us positive depth.

How much depth vs. stars is a tricky argument. Depth is important but the NBA remains a star driven league. They sacrificed Randle and DLO for 2 max FAs so got to execute on that plan. The stars still win you the games, but yes long-term you are correct that it can’t just be Lebron.

Last edited by LakerSD on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

For anyone hating on our FO never forget this. These guys were saddled with Mozgov and Deng deals and to a lesser extent Jordan Clarkson. They were handed a deck of turd and asked to make lemonade. Judge em in 2019 when this charade ends.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is the first time I watched a whole Clipper game. They are a real team, their players support each other. Lebron does that for us but the young players haven’t reached that point. It wouldn’t surprise me if they made the playoffs.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

We wouldn't have Hart if we didn't trade DLO. However, we would obviously be in a way better position. 38 mill is so much in these league. Could be two extremely good players, a max player, 2 1st round picks in salary dumps, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we still had one first round pick before the trade. So we'd have either Kuz at 27 or Hart at 30 depending on how you view it.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

For anyone hating on our FO never forget this. These guys were saddled with Mozgov and Deng deals and to a lesser extent Jordan Clarkson. They were handed a deck of turd and asked to make lemonade. Judge em in 2019 when this charade ends.

Not hating, I've been a big fan of how Magic/Pelinka have turned this around. Just a hypothetical.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is the first time I watched a whole Clipper game. They are a real team, their players support each other. Lebron does that for us but the young players haven’t reached that point. It wouldn’t surprise me if they made the playoffs.

Make the playoffs as a lower playoff seed can happen .. yes .. but keeping the same trajectory going is unlikely, they will fall at some point.
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

👍
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Make the playoffs as a lower playoff seed can happen .. yes .. but keeping the same trajectory going is unlikely, they will fall at some point.

Right now they look more like a team than we do. We have thrown some parts together and it takes time for them to get familiar with each other but so have the Clippers. The difference is defense.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
chantruong wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

We wouldn't have Hart if we didn't trade DLO. However, we would obviously be in a way better position. 38 mill is so much in these league. Could be two extremely good players, a max player, 2 1st round picks in salary dumps, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we still had one first round pick before the trade. So we'd have either Kuz at 27 or Hart at 30 depending on how you view it.

Before the trade we only had the 28th pick. After the trade we had the 27th and 28th pick (which became the 30th pick for Hart).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Right now they look more like a team than we do. We have thrown some parts together and it takes time for them to get familiar with each other but so have the Clippers. The difference is defense.

1 of our best leaders in Rondo is injured ever since he got hurt our bench has taken a step because there is no voice in the 2nd unit, once he gets back players will be held accountable more cause there will be someone telling them what to do.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

Not hating, I've been a big fan of how Magic/Pelinka have turned this around. Just a hypothetical.

I'm with you

BUt since you like hypotheticals, if Mitch and Jim didn't had out those contracts they still might be here.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

Yep

DLO 74%
LeBron 74%
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
Kobe2Lonz0 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

Lonzo Ball
Dangelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Lebron James
Javale McGee

Julius Randle
Josh Hart
Rajon Rondo
Lance Stephenson
KCP
Chandler

Yep

DLO 74%
LeBron 74%

Only guy we miss for FTs is Clarkson, who's shooting 89.5% this year
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

The west is wide open this year. Frankly it is always like that, people just used to say the west was a gauntlet as a way of slighting LeBron.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
The west is wide open this year. Frankly it is always like that, people just used to say the west was a gauntlet as a way of slighting LeBron.

To be fair, in the East you could make the playoffs with a .500 record. The competition for seeds 5-8 were among bad teams.

This year though, the top teams so far are:

GSW
Toronto
Milwaukee
Philadelphia

So the East is stronger at the top imo. Boston will most likely round out the top 5 by season’s end.

Looks like the Jazz, Pelicans and Blazers will not be as good as last season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Today's games to watch.

Minnesota at Cleveland
Houston at Washington
San Antonio at Chicago
Boston at New Orleans
Indiana at Utah
Orlando at Golden State
Kobe2Lonz0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Uhhh...the West was a MONSTER for yearrrrrs, man
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Today's games to watch.

Minnesota at Cleveland
Houston at Washington
San Antonio at Chicago
Boston at New Orleans
Indiana at Utah
Orlando at Golden State

Those WC teams will eventually start taking care of business, but we are talented enough to win out to make sure those teams don’t catch up.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Today's games to watch.

Minnesota at Cleveland
Houston at Washington
San Antonio at Chicago
Boston at New Orleans
Indiana at Utah
Orlando at Golden State

All the East teams can except....errrh....Boston
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Bear in mind that we are without Rondo and 1 of our best players in Josh Hart isn’t close to 100% right now, those guys in the least give us 20+PPG together which is huge, once everyone is healthy again I’m expecting us to make a run at the top 4 WC seed... no one should be worried at the slightest.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to: