D'Angelo Russell thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Some people have an irrational dislike of Russell. I have never seen anything like it for such a young player who does not exhibit bad behavior on or off the court. For 14 pages we managed to avoid the worst of the bs that destroyed the previous thread. There is the occasional skirmish, but it is mostly basketball related discussion. Nobody here has to justify their reasons for wanting to discuss Russell in a thread created for that purpose and located in the appropriate sub-forum. If there are valid questions or concerns regarding the way things are being moderated, there is a forum for user feedback and mods can be private messaged.

What does any of that have to do with what just took place? I don't see anyone being asked to justify anything. Nor has anything negative been said about Russel. Nor did anyone express concern about the way mods are moderating.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Some people have an irrational dislike of Russell. I have never seen anything like it for such a young player who does not exhibit bad behavior on or off the court. For 14 pages we managed to avoid the worst of the bs that destroyed the previous thread. There is the occasional skirmish, but it is mostly basketball related discussion. Nobody here has to justify their reasons for wanting to discuss Russell in a thread created for that purpose and located in the appropriate sub-forum. If there are valid questions or concerns regarding the way things are being moderated, there is a forum for user feedback and mods can be private messaged.

What does any of that have to do with what just took place? I don't see anyone being asked to justify anything. Nor has anything negative been said about Russel. Nor did anyone express concern about the way mods are moderating.

You just spent a whole page asking for justification for this thread existing. If you really wanted an answer you could have asked a moderator, but your goal was to be a dick and everyone knows that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Well stated. He's such an odd lightening rod of stark opinions. Even Nets fans are now polarized into trade DLo/pay DLo camps that are pretty vicious.

Maybe it's that he's "slow" in a sport that fans expect to be fast?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

Well stated. He's such an odd lightening rod of stark opinions. Even Nets fans are now polarized into trade DLo/pay DLo camps that are pretty vicious.

For me it’s his efficiency and how consistently he’s putting up quality scoring nights. I really don’t know how he should be paid and wouldn’t want to be making that decision. How impactful would he be this season on a good team?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

For me it’s his efficiency and how consistently he’s putting up quality scoring nights. I really don’t know how he should be paid and wouldn’t want to be making that decision. How impactful would he be this season on a good team?

somewhere between "very" and "incredibly"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

As a #2 option next to a surging LeVert I thought he was playing quite well and helping the Nets win. The big thing is that he's defending better on a more consistent basis, so he's had a baseline of effective play even when his shot isn't falling (which admittedly can be too often).

I don't know how much that gets him paid on a rebuilding Nets team that has solid guard depth, but no stars when everyone is healthy. I think a deal with Orlando for their 1st (top-8 protected) would make sense and DLo can try to navigate the Magic into the playoffs. I think that would be a win for both franchises.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Just read through that entire exchange, and pretty clear someone came into the thread looking to take a poke, and met up with an old “friend”, who was only too happy to help him start a row. Both of them are sidelined for a bit. This thread welcomes discussion pro and con. It does not welcome people looking to start trouble.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

I agree.

Maybe in an alternative universe where Durant Kawhi and Klay stay put in the off-season the Lakers could use that extra 35M they have freed up to bring Randle and Russell back

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Julius Randle

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

I agree.

Maybe in an alternative universe where Durant Kawhi and Klay stay put in the off-season the Lakers could use that extra 35M they have freed up to bring Randle and Russell back

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Julius Randle

No thanks to Randle. Good player but doesn’t fit. And I think DLO burned his Lakers bridges a while ago unfortunately. Can you imagine Russell at the 2 instead of Ingram on this team? Would be a lot of fun to watch offensively although defense could be an adventure.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Just read through that entire exchange, and pretty clear someone came into the thread looking to take a poke, and met up with an old “friend”, who was only too happy to help him start a row. Both of them are sidelined for a bit. This thread welcomes discussion pro and con. It does not welcome people looking to start trouble.

Thank you. Hopefully you sidelined the one who started all the trouble quite a bit longer. The martyr act wears on many of us and it’s only a matter of time until there is retaliation right or wrong.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:

I agree.

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
Julius Randle

Dream team, too bad life happened

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Thank you. Hopefully you sidelined the one who started all the trouble quite a bit longer. The martyr act wears on many of us and it’s only a matter of time until there is retaliation right or wrong.

I did.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Shooting like doo doo but doing a nice job on the boards and dropping dimes.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Our last interaction ended with you being banned for the same kind of sh1t you're spewing now. There's no need to be an a$$hole.

No, I was banned for saying I (bleep) a different poster's mother.

Did you two know that Whitney Houston once sang the anthem at the Nets? Did you know this, Devin?

bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Great game today: 32/6/7/2 on 13/19 from the field, 5/9 from 3 in 29 minutes. No turnovers.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Dude is cooking....offensively he can pretty much do anything. Pretty amazing since he lacks crazy athletic abilities.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Neat. Let’s see 5-7 more really good games in a row.

After they play the Lakers.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Kenneth: I need you to get your teammates even MORE involved sir

Dlo: Say less fam

Quote:
Eric Spyropoulos

@EricSpyrosNBA
Follow Follow @EricSpyrosNBA
More
In 8 December games, D'Angelo Russell has a +4.6 net rating and a wild 40.3 Assist%

https://twitter.com/EricSpyrosNBA/status/1074456639649038336
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Not bad for a bench player who wont get paid and wont be around after the trade deadline.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I wish D'lo flourished while here and wasn't so immature. I was a big D'lo backer and am sad to see him succeeding elsewhere. His O has always been Manu/Harden like (though w/o the ability to get to the line at will). I think he would actually fit in better with Bron than Zo (at least offensively...).
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject:

LakersDC wrote:
I wish D'lo flourished while here and wasn't so immature. I was a big D'lo backer and am sad to see him succeeding elsewhere. His O has always been Manu/Harden like (though w/o the ability to get to the line at will). I think he would actually fit in better with Bron than Zo (at least offensively...).

It's natural progression for him in his 4th year and the key being he's healthy this year(touchwood). He has an NBA body now. I'd have preferred ZO-DLO backcourt over Hart. I hope FO doesn't show same impatience with ZO and Ingram who have had injuries impeding their growth too.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

So is he average athletically or below average? Like we we talking Steve Nash level athleticism or is he below that?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tony
@shentony
“D'Angelo Russell has also had a couple of big games and has registered a team-best plus-47 over the winning streak, with the Nets having allowed 15.8 fewer points per 100 possessions with him on the floor (102.3) than they have with him off the floor (118.1).”

10:17 AM - Dec 17, 2018

Quote:
Eric Spyropoulos
@EricSpyrosNBA
In 8 December games, D'Angelo Russell has a +4.6 net rating and a wild 40.3 Assist%

4:09 PM - Dec 16, 2018

Quote:
Anthony Puccio

Verified account

@APOOCH
20h20 hours ago
More
Kenny Atkinson called D’Angelo Russell a “22-year-old quarterback.”

Quote:
Bryan Fonseca

@BryanFonsecaNY
20h20 hours ago
More
Kenny Atkinson says he thought D'Angelo Russell was locked in defensively. Not just on offense. Called him "excellent" tonight.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo J. Clampingtons BYKE ON HIS BOOSHEET
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

If he can be more consistent and have less awful shooting games he is gonna be a handful.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 16 of 100
Jump to: