Trade Deadline Deals

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Trade Deadline Deals

KCP to Sixers for Assets

This is my preferred trade. KCP and Lakers 2019 1st Round Pick to Sixers for Wilson Chandler, 2019 Bulls 2nd round pick, and Sixers 2020 1st Round Pick (Sixers add another 2019 or 2020 2nd Round pick if needed). This trade will free up additional salary cap space in 2019 since we swap Lakers 2019 1st rounder for Sixers 2020 1st rounder. As compensation, we get the Bulls 2019 2nd round pick, which is expected to be in the top 5. The 2020 1st round pick can then be combined in a future trade for an All Star (like Anthony Davis).

Ariza to Lakers in 3 Team Trade

Lakers get Ariza for KCP and Lance Stephenson.

Suns get Schroder for Ariza. Suns don't get a pick but get a starter quality PG whose under contract for 3 years.

Thunder get KCP and Stephenson for Schroder. Thunder lose their 6th man but KCP will start at SG where Roberson has been injured all season. KCP is also a better 3 point shooter than Roberson. Stephenson will come off the bench as the new 6th man. They also save on long term salary, which might be important to them since they are heavily in luxury tax.

Alternatively, KCP might go to Pacers where Collison or Joseph go to Suns.

Stephenson to Rockets

Stephenson to Rockets for Marquese Chriss. No exchange of picks. Stephenson would be a better wing defender than what they currently have on the team and it wouldn't cost them much. Lakers get more size and a look at Chriss before he becomes an UFA.

Trade Ball?

Suns seem to be interested in Lonzo. Would you trade Ball for De'Anthony Melton, Mikal Bridges, and a 2019 1st Round Pick?

Melton is a 6'4" PG that played really well during Summer League. Lakers worked him out and had some interest to draft him in 2018. He's a 31.2% 3 point shooter.

Bridges is 6'7" with a 7'1' wingspan. He shoots 36% from 3 point range. Was just drafted so he has a couple more years on his rookie deal.

Barring another trade (cough Anthony Davis), Lakers would save approx. $3.1m in salary cap space in 2019 free agency.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject:

^
I love the idea with Philly, a KCP for Chandler swap where we pick up draft assets. Philly would have to view that as an upgrade for the rest of the season. And at least Chandler could still be a rotation player for us, even if he didn't get the 25 minutes a game that he is now getting with the Sixers. I would still do it if the Bulls 2nd rounder was the only draft compensation. I feel like having the '19 1st could be a better trade chip than having the '20 Philly 1st, but maybe a team would rather have the '20 Philly 1st instead. I do like the basic framework of this idea, though, as the Sixers have so many 2nd round picks that could theoretically be available.

It should be noted that we could still send out enough salary to the Pels for AD before the trade deadline even without KCP or Chandler's salaries, and even having that '19 CHI 2nd would be an added trade asset for us. Something like the below trade would work, with the Pels also picking up our '19 1st, the '19 CHI 2nd, and a '21 1st from us. The Pels would also save a bit of money for the rest of this season here.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yckd3wsl
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject:

Another KCP trade idea could be KCP to Brooklyn for Crabbe and a 2nd.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9gavjko

Zubac is added to make the salaries work. So the Nets save money, get the better player here (Crabbe has been awful this season), and actually have a realistic shot to make the playoffs in the East, especially if the Magic trade Vuc at some point. (The Nets' point differential per game of -0.9 is tied for 7th in the East.) It's also more likely that KCP could re-sign, as opposed to Crabbe. Would they be willing to part with the Knicks' 2019 2nd, which they own? They finally have their own first rounder again, and Denver's 2019 1st should convey too, since it's top-12 protected. Perhaps owner Prokhorov would part with a 2nd if he thinks that KCP could help them make the playoffs. There's also a chance that Rich Paul would want him playing in a big market, even if they are overshadowed in New York by the Knicks.

As for the Lakers, maybe Crabbe just needs a change of scenery, as he's had a decidedly dreadful year shooting 2-pointers, for whatever reason. His 3-point percentage is still a pretty strong .387 this season (on a healthy 6 attempts per game), but his overall FG % is just .343 somehow. If we got lucky, maybe he would perk up here. If not, at least we'd have a high 2nd round pick to show for our troubles.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

^
Nets could be looking for wing players...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/12/nets-may-be-buyers-at-trade-deadline.html
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Another KCP trade idea could be KCP to Brooklyn for Crabbe and a 2nd.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9gavjko

Zubac is added to make the salaries work. So the Nets save money, get the better player here (Crabbe has been awful this season), and actually have a realistic shot to make the playoffs in the East, especially if the Magic trade Vuc at some point. (The Nets' point differential per game of -0.9 is tied for 7th in the East.) It's also more likely that KCP could re-sign, as opposed to Crabbe. Would they be willing to part with the Knicks' 2019 2nd, which they own? They finally have their own first rounder again, and Denver's 2019 1st should convey too, since it's top-12 protected. Perhaps owner Prokhorov would part with a 2nd if he thinks that KCP could help them make the playoffs. There's also a chance that Rich Paul would want him playing in a big market, even if they are overshadowed in New York by the Knicks.

As for the Lakers, maybe Crabbe just needs a change of scenery, as he's had a decidedly dreadful year shooting 2-pointers, for whatever reason. His 3-point percentage is still a pretty strong .387 this season (on a healthy 6 attempts per game), but his overall FG % is just .343 somehow. If we got lucky, maybe he would perk up here. If not, at least we'd have a high 2nd round pick to show for our troubles.
The trade works and is essentially the same as the proposed Sixers trade I had above with some modifications.

KCP, Zubac, and Lakers 2019 1st Round Pick to Nets for Crabbe, Knicks 2019 2nd round pick, Nets 2020 1st Round Pick, and Nuggets 2020 2nd Round Pick
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

The Trade Machine had this as a successful trade, but it won't load up when I click on the saved link...probably because it's so damn crazy lol. But what the hell, this is the Trade Forum, and I will try to make a case as to why each of the 4 teams should do this. That's right, 4-team trade! Here we go:

Lakers in: Anthony Davis, Bradley Beal, Troy Daniels, Elfrid Payton, Jeff Green, Tim Frazier
Lakers out: KCP, Rondo, Ball, Ingram, Stephenson, Beasley, Wagner, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac, 2020 2nd round pick, 2021 1st round pick
Analysis: A lot to digest, I know! So we traded 10 players and 2 picks, one of which is a future 1st. This trade is made with the belief that we just don't have a top free agent in the bag this summer. So we acquire Davis, the 1B superstar to LeBron's 1A, as well as an improving player who would be a fantastic #3 on a title team in Bradley Beal. Beal has shown improved playmaking chops in the wake of John Wall's injury and is not merely a shooter; the fact that he is under contract for 2 more years after this one at a cost similar to what Middleton will probably make is palatable to me for sure, especially since he would be our #3, not our #2. I would also expect his 35% 3-point mark this season to positively regress to his career 39% mark. Obviously, we're giving up all of our youth except for Bonga and Svi, and I realize that. However, I simply do not believe that we are giving up any future stars here, as I think all of our young players are going to be NBA role players. Some more solid than others, but, yes, role players. We're getting back a top 5 or 6 player in the NBA, in my opinion, in AD, and Beal in conjunction with acquiring AD gives us our 1-2-3 punch going forward. We also get back 4 important role players for the rest of this season, and we will improve our shooting drastically with this trade. Jeff Green has a familiarity of playing with LeBron from last season with the Cavs, also, which is good. The starting 5 would be Payton/Beal/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Frazier, Daniels, Green, and Chandler playing the key reserve roles. I would also expect us to acquire at least one veteran that is bought out of his contract. I think this team has a chance at the title this season and beyond, though we would have to cobble together a team with depth in the offseason. Still, I believe you win titles with stars in place, and we would have that. And I will say this once again if I wasn't clear: I think this team can win the title this year. Golden State is ripe for the taking.

Pelicans in: Rondo, Mikael Bridges, Wagner, Kuzma, Hart, Elie Okobo, 2021 LAL 1st round pick
Pelicans out: Davis, Payton, Frazier
Analysis: I believe it would take 3 of our 4 best young core players to have a shot at AD. Kuzma is the player they covet the most, and we're going to have to part with him to get AD, if he's even available before the deadline, and I don't think there's any way of getting around that. After his 41-point game, he's now averaging nearly 19 PPG, and while I don't want to go all Sentient Meat on you, there aren't a ton of 23-year-old players averaging roughly 19 PPG, and he has the look of a multi-faceted scorer who is ultra-cheap. So instead of getting Kuzma/Hart/Ingram here, I basically have them getting Bridges and Okobo in place of Ingram (more on that later), and I think that makes more sense for them since they are higher on Kuzma than Ingram anyway, and Bridges gives them a lot more cost control than Ingram would bring, too. Plus, Okobo is no throwaway, as he was practically a 1st round pick himself. They also get our most recent 1st rounder, Wagner, as well as our 2021 1st round pick. They are getting a ton of cheap, cost-controlled assets here for many years to come, as well as our 2021 1st, which would come in handy just as Kuzma is likely to get an extension. (Minor note: I don't think we would see it as a deal-breaker if they would prefer our 2020 1st, or, come to think of it, even our '19 1st, though I'm guessing we will really want that since we'll need as much cheap depth as we can get as we form our 2019-20 squad.) Rondo was necessary as salary filler here, and since they would be well back of a playoff spot if they move AD, I don't think the Pelicans would keep him with the idea of competing. I assume that they would try to find a suitable 1-for-1 trade for him where he gets sent to a playoff team, or perhaps they would just buy him out. I didn't want to lose Rondo here, but in a trade like this, his salary simply must be headed outward.

Wizards in: KCP, Ingram, Stephenson, Beasley, 2020 2nd round pick
Wizards out: Beal, Green
Analysis: It's been mentioned that the Lakers and Wizards had offseason discussions centering around Beal and Ingram, so I don't think this part of the transaction would come completely out of left field. In addition to Ingram, whom they might be able to sign in a couple of years for substantially less money than what Beal is making (or substantially less than what Porter is making, if they can find a taker for him), they get KCP, who could be another lower-cost replacement for Beal as a potential starter next to John Wall next season. Stephenson and Beasley might net them a 2nd round pick, similar to what Green himself could fetch, so that part of the deal feels like a wash. So is Ingram, KCP, and a '20 2nd fair value for Beal? I think it just comes down to whether or not Grunfeld likes Ingram enough. He may, given the offseason talks. (Note: If the Wizards held out for us including a future 1st round pick in this deal, I wonder if we would still do it, given the stakes of getting both AD and Beal here. Of course, I would assume we'd not have to include the '20 2nd in such a scenario, but obviously you'd rather keep the 1st and instead give the 2nd. But just speaking for myself, I would be willing to give up 3 of the 4 young core plus two future 1st's for AD, so if you follow that logic, is giving up another of the core 4 young guys and Wagner worth getting Beal? I would actually argue that it is, basically because I'm not that high on Wagner. In any case, just food for thought.)

Suns in: Lonzo, Zubac
Suns out: Bridges, Daniels, Okobo
Analysis: I don't think it's a secret that the Suns have liked Lonzo, seeing him as a great complement to Booker in the backcourt. Booker is an offensive machine, while Lonzo would provide much-needed defense to their team. Smart LG'ers know that Lonzo plays more like a shooting guard in the halfcourt, and Booker now acts as their real point guard. The pairing would work IMO, and I think that the Suns would be willing to part with Bridges and Okobo to get Ball. Daniels is basically just a throw-in for them here, and it gives us a needed backup guard that can shoot the 3. In return, they get a look at a young center in Zubac, a guy that has a cheap cap hold; perhaps he could carve out a role for them as a backup center to Ayton, or they could try to deal him to a center-needy team (Charlotte?) for a future asset. Zubac would have more value than Daniels on the open market, I'm sure.

One last thing: as if I haven't looked at this for far too long, I will also note that the deal works in the Trade Machine if you send Ingram to the Pelicans instead of Bridges and Okobo, and if the Wizards instead get Bridges and Okobo in place of Ingram, as the salaries are quite close. Either trade has us adding 8 wins, if you're wondering about "Hollinger's Analysis."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Holy analysis.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Holy analysis.

Haha. Trust me, I know there's a .0000000000000000001% chance that something like this could actually happen. And yet, I don't think it's an illogical trade for all parties involved, strangely enough.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of a KCP trade but I'd say a 2019 1st is worth MORE than a 2019 second and 2020 1st. Especially with assuming the 76ers in 2020 will be drafting lower than the Lakers in 2019. Plus the 76ers would be getting the key player in the trade with KCP.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

Guys, if you trade KCP for anyone whose contract does not expire at the end of this season, you lose $12 to go after a big name FA...
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Holy analysis.

Haha. Trust me, I know there's a .0000000000000000001% chance that something like this could actually happen. And yet, I don't think it's an illogical trade for all parties involved, strangely enough.
That's a 0% chance of happening. Wizards get royally screwed. Take Wizards out and then its 0.0000000000000000001% chance of happening.

audioaxes wrote:
I like the idea of a KCP trade but I'd say a 2019 1st is worth MORE than a 2019 second and 2020 1st. Especially with assuming the 76ers in 2020 will be drafting lower than the Lakers in 2019. Plus the 76ers would be getting the key player in the trade with KCP.
It's a fair point and everyone values things differently. The 2019 Bulls second round pick would be in the first 5 so 1st round talent might drop. If it was a late 2nd rounder, then I would agree to keep the Lakers 2019 pick.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

A few weeks ago I read that the Lakers may be interested in trading for Terrence Ross. What do you guys think about trying to get him? He's averaging 13.7 points a game in only 25.8 minutes per game and shooting .388 from downtown. I don't know much about his defense though.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
A few weeks ago I read that the Lakers may be interested in trading for Terrence Ross. What do you guys think about trying to get him? He's averaging 13.7 points a game in only 25.8 minutes per game and shooting .388 from downtown. I don't know much about his defense though.
I think he's a good player but he plays SG, which is a crowded position as is. Also, I think Orlando wants at least a 2nd round pick for him, which Lakers shouldn't give up.

Personally, I like Vucevic, Mirotic, Ariza because I think Lakers need more size (SF, PF, C) and shooting. Unfortunately, it looks like it will take picks attached to our expiring contracts to get a deal done, which is a deal breaker for me.

So instead, I'd look to trade our expiring contracts (primarily KCP and Stephenson) for picks to improve our potential offer in a trade for AD or someone else.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

This one doesn't involve us, but just occurred to me, in thinking about how Simmons' total lack of a 3-ball and problematic FT shooting can hurt them late in games. (What the hell, it's the Trade Forum! LOL.) If you could guarantee the Sixers that Kyrie and Butler would both re-sign there, does this deal work for all parties involved, where Boston sends out at least one and possibly two 1st round picks?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y98jf6kk
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
This one doesn't involve us, but just occurred to me, in thinking about how Simmons' total lack of a 3-ball and problematic FT shooting can hurt them late in games. (What the hell, it's the Trade Forum! LOL.) If you could guarantee the Sixers that Kyrie and Butler would both re-sign there, does this deal work for all parties involved, where Boston sends out at least one and possibly two 1st round picks?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y98jf6kk
Saw Anthony Davis not going to the Lakers and closed it.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Trade Lonzo Ball? Ball for De'Anthony Melton, Mikal Bridges, and a 2019 1st Round Pick
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Trade Lonzo Ball? Ball for De'Anthony Melton, Mikal Bridges, and a 2019 1st Round Pick

TJ Warren is the guy to target !
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: