Rank These Players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

Are we talking in terms of trade/asset value? In terms of who's got the highest ceiling? In terms of who makes the biggest impact today? In terms of who in 20 years will have had the best career?

I'll try to answer all of them:

Asset Value aka Trade Value impacted by contract status, age, etc.
1) Tatum
2) Fox
3) Kuzma
4) Ingram
5) Russell
6) Lonzo
7) Randle

Highest Ceiling - purely based on who's got the highest ability of potential is reached
1) Tatum
2) Ingram
3) Lonzo
4) Fox
5) Russell
6) Kuzma
7) Randle

Today's Impact - Who can help win games this season + stats
1) Russell
2) Fox
3) Randle
4) Lonzo
5) Tatum
6) Ingram
7) Kuzma

20 Years Later - when it's all said and done, careers look like this:
1) Tatum
2) Fox
3) Lonzo
4) Russell
5) Kuzma
6) Ingram
7) Randle

** the 20 years look back was the hardest for me to figure out. I could move those players all over the place
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Fox has had a really good start to this year after a bad rookie year. He’s better than I expected him to be but I think he’s getting pretty overrated on here. Regardless, if we keep Ball that could be a fun matchup to watch for the next several years.

He's actually underrated. He's having a good season because of the work he put in. He said that all he did after his rookie year was shoot...he didn't work on anything else.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Fox has had a really good start to this year after a bad rookie year. He’s better than I expected him to be but I think he’s getting pretty overrated on here. Regardless, if we keep Ball that could be a fun matchup to watch for the next several years.

He's actually underrated. He's having a good season because of the work he put in. He said that all he did after his rookie year was shoot...he didn't work on anything else.

We shall see. I expect him and the Kings to falter after the break and then we’ll see if he has another jump this offseason.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I agree. It is not only the production, but he is the true on court leader of that young team. I wish I could claim I saw this early or a year ago in him....but like most others, I did not.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

If it is about playing with Lebron right now:

1. Tatum
2. Kuzma
3. Russell
4. Ingram
5. Randle
6. Fox
7. Lonzo

If it is about who I would value the most going forward:

1. Tatum
2. Lonzo
3. Ingram
4. Fox
5. Russell
6. Kuzma
7. Randle

Lebron needs shooters not ball dominant players. Kuzma and Tatum are the best shooters. Lonzo doesn't mix well with Lebron. Maybe it's because of a terrible game plan but so far he hasn't been great alongside him.

For the future, I don't see Kuzma having too much potential. He's basically a bigger version of Derozan at best. Being able to score is great but when that's all you can do it greatly limits your potential. Lonzo is great because he has things you cannot teach. Game IQ, vision, awareness, and etc. He just needs to fix that horrid jumper which is one of the easier aspects to fix.

Regardless, I can't really see any of them being the first option on a championship team. Tatum has a good shot of being the second option. Lonzo, Ingram, and Fox have that potential as well albeit not as high. Russell can be a good 3rd option potentially. Kuzma is in a tough spot. Due to his one-sided game and ability to catch fire I think he is a great 6th man on a contender.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

1 Tatum
2 D'Lo
3 Kuz
4 Randle
5 BI
6 Fox
6 Zo
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jg77 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

I agree. It is not only the production, but he is the true on court leader of that young team. I wish I could claim I saw this early or a year ago in him....but like most others, I did not.

Yeah I never even thought of us drafting Fox.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Rank These Players

LakersDC wrote:
Curious how everyone would rank these players we either have, had, or could have had assuming they were to play with this LBJ led Lakers team:

BI
Kuz
Zo
D'lo
Randle
Tatum
Fox

I'd go:
1) Fox (think this kid will still improve a lot - maybe not the best compliment to LBJ, but he's a Vegeta fan and I'd like a star PG in this era of dominant PGs)
2) Tatum (two guys we didn't take off the board first, lol)
3) D'lo (Always liked his swag, just wish he'd drive more often than settle)
4) BI/Kuz (cop-out)
5) Randle
6) Zo (I think Zo has potential, his game is just not very well suited to play with a ball dominant LBJ IMO) Was hoping to see an off-ball LBJ this year and maybe LBJ taking PG duties in the fourth, but basically plays PG all game, and Zo is turrible off-ball.

Fox
Randle
Zo
Ingram
Tatum
Dlo
Kuzma

I personally think Tatum and Kuzma are very overrated scorers. I rate Tatum above Kuzma because of his proven (1.75 years now) outside shot.

Neither has the playmaking skills or elite secondary skills to be ALL-NBA type of players.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Tatum
Kuz
Fox
BI
D'lo
Zo
Randle
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: