Top Ten You've Ever Seen in Realtime
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Deleted by jodeke double post

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Jordan
Olajuwon
Kobe
Shaq
Magic
Lebron
Duncan
Malone
Stockton
Bird
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
In no particular order. Started watching in the late 40's Black and White TV. 10's not enough

Ol Skool

1) Bill Russel
2) Walt Frazier
3) Earl Monroe
5) Bob Cousey
6) Tom Heinsohn
He's the worst broadcaster
7 Magic Johnson
8) Michael Jordan
9) Kobe Bryant
10) Larry Bird
11) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
12 Wilt Chamberlain
13) Jerry West
14) Hakeem Olajuwon
15) Karl Malone
16 LeBron James
17 Bill Walton
18) Duncan

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

My earliest memory is watching Lakers vs. Sixers in the 2001 Finals. I was eight years old. My family watched the Lakers since Showtime, but 2001 was the first time I actually paid attention to what was happening.

I also don't wanna rank them in order because that's too much work...

1. Kobe
2. Shaq
3. LeBron
4. Nash
5. Duncan
6. Curry
7. Durant
8. Nowitzki
9. Garnett
10. Iverson

I'm probably forgetting someone really important. Maybe Wade over Garnett/Iverson? Also, I've probably watched more Chris Paul games than those three players combined.

I also want to note that Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose were some of most exciting players I've witnessed. It sucks that both of them sorta fell off earlier than they should've.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Are we talking for their career or parts of it? Because Bill Walton for a brief time was an all time great. His body just couldn’t sustain it.

a little off topic, but do you have an opinion on who was the greatest college player of all time......Jabbar or Walton? It seems they often both are recognized with the recognition.

That's a tough one not having actually watched a lot of either's college games. I lean Kareem because of his singular unstoppable shot, but Walton was a beast.
Kareem's freshman team manhandled the reigning national championship team in practice. I've never heard of anything like that since then. Walton's best years were in college, but he was never as unstoppable as Kareem.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

I was at the Forum in '71. Wilt sat out the 4th qtr and scored 30, had 20 rebs and 12 blocks.

On video he literally blocked jump shots 8-10 feet away. Blocked YOUNG Kareem's unstoppable skyhook more than once (never saw anyone else block it).

As a Lakers opponent, even with Wilt, I/Lakers fans feared Kareem.

Wilt is 1
Kareem is 2
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Seeing Shaq in person in his prime is something I'll never forget. How else can you explain it? The guy was a giant.

The old farts who watched Showtime are very lucky; they got to enjoy exciting team basketball before all the egos and drama of the later Laker teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: