Trading lonzo ball would be a tremendous mistake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Btw, is that wizards rumor true?
If true, it would mean someone does want Zo?

Apparently so do the Bulls and Suns.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
epak wrote:

Despite what certain ESPN employees have to say about our young core, I have a feeling they are looked upon more favorably throughout the league.

Unfortunately after what happened with Russell other teams probably feel that they can develop these guys if they can just get them out of LA.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

At this point he is a taller Pat Beverly who is a worse shooter. I can't defend him from other fanbase when they talk (bleep) about him. It was a mistake to take him at Number 2 but the thinking was for non basketball reasons then, rather than the best available player. I now fear for this Number 4 pick that it would be another Lonzo type bust
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

lol @ bust.. if you're concerned about his injury history or being a good shooter thats all valid but to already call him a bust is pretty ridiculous imo.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
epak wrote:

Despite what certain ESPN employees have to say about our young core, I have a feeling they are looked upon more favorably throughout the league.

Unfortunately after what happened with Russell other teams probably feel that they can develop these guys if they can just get them out of LA.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

TheKing23 wrote:
At this point he is a taller Pat Beverly who is a worse shooter. I can't defend him from other fanbase when they talk (bleep) about him. It was a mistake to take him at Number 2 but the thinking was for non basketball reasons then, rather than the best available player. I now fear for this Number 4 pick that it would be another Lonzo type bust

You're a bust as a poster
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

a taller (6'6") Pat Beverly... that's an elite perimeter defender description
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

The kid has to get in better shape (and avoid the injury bug). He also has to work on his FT's (41% is HORRENDOUS and to be honest, I'm surprised teams did not employ the hack a Zo). There is no questioning he is an elite defender, rebounder, and passer. If he can get his FT% to 70% (I think he can easily do it if he puts his mind to it), it will add another dimension to his game. I think his 3 point shooting is good enough to keep a D honest. Anyone know if he is healthy right now? It seems he hasn't been healthy in the offseason to work on his game.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

Zo under the tutelage of JKidd will make a huge difference. However, if the person you're trading him for is AD, then you definitely have to let him go.

I would be hesitant to package Zo in a trade for AD, only because you normally want a really good passing guard paired with such talent. Look at JKidd's career when he had good big men to pass the ball to, he made them even better!

My take on the Lakers this off-season is simply, build on Free Agency. I feel that #4 pick in this draft is great leverage! It's worth more than what it seems and could net us a trade. I like the Idea of Beal coming to the Lakers and if we could package #4 + BI and who knows what else to get Beal, then we're doing the right thing. However I doubt Washington does that deal and are reluctant to allow Beal to go.

Kemba + Butler + DA Jordan

Should be our focus and mainly because I feel they are all guys we could actually get.

Kyrie + Klay + Kawhi + Cousins are going to warrant a lot more in Free Agency and I would hate for the Lakers to focus all their efforts on these top tier guys and lose out on the 2nd tier free agents!

Our young pieces aren't that bad and are one of the better young cores in this league, this may be the opportune time to prove that and come together after all the adversity and win a championship!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

So how would Beal for Zo/#4 work, salaries wise? Think we have to add in more salaries, otherwise it eats up into the capspace.

And no I don't think I wouid do Zo, #4 AND also use capspace to get Beal. That's like giving up 3 major players for Beal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

That's your counter point? If that draft is redone would you still take Zo at Number 2, he was a terrible choice. They picked him because he was a local boy, they never even worked out Tatum, a projected top 3 pick.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

That's your counter point? If that draft is redone would you still take Zo at Number 2, he was a terrible choice. They picked him because he was a local boy, they never even worked out Tatum, a projected top 3 pick.

Not only is Zo more impactful than Tatum, so is Kuzma. Tatum is extremely overrated, and his stature as any sort of star has fallen. You are living off a false narrative.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

Not only is Zo more impactful than Tatum, so is Kuzma. Tatum is extremely overrated, and his stature as any sort of star has fallen. You are living off a false narrative.

Homerism does not make Lonzo the better player. Tatum has proven himself in the playoffs while Lonzo fears being fouled in crunch time of a regular season game. Kuzma the vegan will not be better and probably will be injury prone because of his stupid diet.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

LOL and how did you draw this conclusion? We are in the NBA lottery if you didnt realize, with the #4 pick...
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

LOL and how did you draw this conclusion? We are in the NBA lottery if you didnt realize, with the #4 pick...

and let me guess, being in the lottery is Lonzo's fault right?
You have hated on Zo consistently, so I'm not surprised, but that also makes your takes biased AF- why would we take anything you say about Zo seriously, ever?
Fake news, russian propaganda.
SAD!

This thread has turned into another black and white, love Lonzo or hate Lonzo thread, which we already have but that's just LG I guess (multiple threads on same subject)

Lonzo is as polarizing as techno music- love it or hate it...
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

The problem with Zo is more about LeBron than Zo!

When Lebron came, Zo's Assists went down. The Lakers no longer need his dazzling passes.

What the Lakers need from the PG position is someone who can shoot and that is why a Kemba or Irving or even Darius Garland makes good sense.

That's also why Zo would be a better fit on the Suns or Bulls...
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
al242 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

You have hated on Zo consistently, so I'm not surprised, but that also makes your takes biased AF- why would we take anything you say about Zo seriously, ever?
SAD!

This thread has turned into another black and white, love Lonzo or hate Lonzo thread, which we already have but that's just LG I guess (multiple threads on same subject)

I asked you how you came to the conclusion on your blanket statement, and you went off on something completely irrelavnt and called me a hater.

So I will ask you again, how did you come to the conclusion that Lonzo was more impactful than Tatum. Especially considering we are hot trash, and lost a lot of games the 2 years he has been in the league. More impactful at what? If you are suggesting winning, please provide evidence.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

I think it would be more of a mistake to trade BI right now, but I agree we should not give up on Lonzo yet either.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
al242 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

SAD!

Considering his body has only been able to last half a season the only 2 years he's played, then yes, he is part to blame that we are in the lottery.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
al242 wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
TheKing23 wrote:

SAD!

Considering his body has only been able to last half a season the only 2 years he's played, then yes, he is part to blame that we are in the lottery.

Do you always blame players for getting injured or just in this situation?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

it would be a mistake not to trade Lonzo if we are able to get great return back.
Maybe he fixes his jumpshot, maybe he doesnt. But I really dont see him ever fixing his ability to be a threat to take someone off the dribble and finish in the hole at a Curry level ability at minimum. Without that threat he has a pretty low ceiling of what he can do offensively.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Not resigning Alex Caruso could be an even bigger mistake if it happens
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
it would be a mistake not to trade Lonzo if we are able to get great return back.
Maybe he fixes his jumpshot, maybe he doesnt. But I really dont see him ever fixing his ability to be a threat to take someone off the dribble and finish in the hole at a Curry level ability at minimum. Without that threat he has a pretty low ceiling of what he can do offensively.

Bingo.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Bingo.

Yupp. The negatives outweight the positive. his shot mechanics are disgusting. 43% from the FT line tells me he never took bball serious.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Bingo.

Yupp. The negatives outweight the positive. his shot mechanics are disgusting. 43% from the FT line tells me he never took bball serious.

He tried to work on his mechanics. Remember the beginning of last year. His shooting motion was supposedly shortened to make it quicker. By mid-season, he reverted to his old form.

In any case, I think the Pels should bite so that Zo can feed Zion.

Zo can come back to the Lakers once his rookie contract expires.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: