Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/lamar-odom-daughter-open-darkest-days-thought-gonna/story?id=63329742

Quote:
Lamar Odom says the story of his life is not about his marriage to Khloe Kardashian, or the drugs that nearly killed him: “It’s really a story of triumph.”

Throughout his life, he has suffered from trauma, death and addiction. And it was his children, including his daughter Destiny, who helped pull him out of his darkest moments................

always rooting for Lamar....
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

One of the main positives I saw from the whole 2015 thing was how Lamar was finally able to grow up a bit and develop a relationship with his kids. That was his real family, not the Kardashians. He seemingly ignored them and perhaps unintentionally, but he did hurt them with his clinging to the Ks.

Great to see he's got that relationship now with his daughter and children. They deserve it. They needed him. They finally seem to have him. Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

VicXLakers wrote:

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/lamar-odom-daughter-open-darkest-days-thought-gonna/story?id=63329742

Quote:
Lamar Odom says the story of his life is not about his marriage to Khloe Kardashian, or the drugs that nearly killed him: “It’s really a story of triumph.”

Throughout his life, he has suffered from trauma, death and addiction. And it was his children, including his daughter Destiny, who helped pull him out of his darkest moments................

I too rooted for Odom. Not anymore. He is saying he didn't take drugs the night of his overdose. He now says Dennis Hof, the owner of the brothel where Odom overdosed, poisoned him and was trying to kill him. Come on man. Typical addict stuff.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

OCWA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

I too rooted for Odom. Not anymore. He is saying he didn't take drugs the night of his overdose. He now says Dennis Hof, the owner of the brothel where Odom overdosed, poisoned him and was trying to kill him. Come on man. Typical addict stuff.

On the fourth day, he was found unconscious in his room. He said he doesn’t have any memory of taking drugs, saying “somebody may have just slipped me something.”

His version seems a bit different than yours
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
OCWA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

On the fourth day, he was found unconscious in his room. He said he doesn’t have any memory of taking drugs, saying “somebody may have just slipped me something.”

Not my version. He said it on The View yesterday.

https://decider.com/2019/05/28/lamar-odom-brothel-dennis-hof-poison/
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Lamar Odom and his daughter open up about his darkest days: '[I] thought it was gonna be my last moments with him'

OCWA wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
OCWA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

Not my version. He said it on The View yesterday.

https://decider.com/2019/05/28/lamar-odom-brothel-dennis-hof-poison/

Gotcha.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I love Lamar but disappointing of him to start throwing others under for his addiction issues.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

The fact that Phil Jackson was able to win multiple titles with Odom and Bynum as invaluable contributors is simply mind blowing, and possibly one of the greatest coaching feats ever.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
The fact that Phil Jackson was able to win multiple titles with Odom and Bynum as invaluable contributors is simply mind blowing, and possibly one of the greatest coaching feats ever.

They were both immensely talented one just had injury issues and the other had mental issues.. Odom had the talent to be a top player in the entire NBA he just wasnt there mentally. He played his ass off though in that run and was basically the Lakers Draymond where he did a little of everything on both ends. Both guys seemed to be well liked (especially Odom) so not sure they were to hard to coach beyond just being frustrating at times they weren't reaching there potential.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
OCWA wrote:

They were both immensely talented one just had injury issues and the other had mental issues.. Odom had the talent to be a top player in the entire NBA he just wasnt there mentally. He played his ass off though in that run and was basically the Lakers Draymond where he did a little of everything on both ends. Both guys seemed to be well liked (especially Odom) so not sure they were to hard to coach beyond just being frustrating at times they weren't reaching there potential.

Agree that both were immensely talented, but both also spectacularly imploded when not coached by Phil. Truly a testament to Phil's greatness.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: