Do you want to see D'Angelo Russell come back to the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to see D'Angelo Russell come back to the Lakers?
Hell YES
53%
 53%  [ 99 ]
NO
28%
 28%  [ 53 ]
Undecided
17%
 17%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 184

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

I don't know if it's a Hell Yes! But I'm would have no problem if DLO was brought back. We've got LBJ and AD. Putting a decent All-Star at the point would make us pretty potent.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

it´s exactly how i would have put it in the poll too "HELL YES"
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
realking24 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yes if the money is good.

What’s a decent price tag for you?

$18-20 mil range

That would be great. Dlo is a confusing prospect. His numbers are good, he will relieve a ton of ball and pick and roll duties from LBJ he can shoot and IMO knock down big shots. But there’s negatives that really bring down the value a bit. Bad d, slower, injury prone, bad decision making at times but a great passer and a momentum player that once’s he gets cooking he can’t carry the team a little bit. He’s great against Sacramento lol. Plus he’s young.

If we struck out on big fish I wouldn’t be mad at the Lakers going all in but I also get the flip side building a more complete rosters.

If they had to go all in are you a no or wait and see?

Realistically Dlo is probably not coming and this is a waste of time like every other free agent topic i here lol
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
scoobs wrote:
ocho wrote:
Can't imagine he'd be interested in returning.
Especially if he goes on LG. If he does, then unfortunately he will see all these LG members with some kind of agenda against him. For example, prior to the draft 99% of them wanted the Lakers to draft Okafor. It seems, ever since then a lot of these members have been knit picking at the guy. Then, you had the Jordan Clarkson fan club on this board. And more recently, you had a large group of members unreasonably supporting BI for whatever reason. At the end of the day Russell is light years ahead of all three of these clowns. The fact is, we would be very fortunate if we are able to utilize what money we have on a player of his caliber, who would actually fit very well with James and AD.

He's a 23 year old All Star and people here are begrudgingly considering him (only at a discount, of course) as if HE would be the lucky one in that scenario. He was badly mistreated here by the front office, the poor coaches we hired, and especially the fans who had a massive chip on their shoulder about him since the second he was drafted before he was ultimately salary dumped so we could chase a star we didn't end up getting. Oh and Magic made sure to insult him on the way out. He cites leaving the Lakers as the best thing that happened to him and who could blame him? Perhaps it's true that the star power of LeBron and Davis has piqued his interest but I wouldn't be surprised if we were his last resort rather than his first choice.

And the funniest part of it all is that D'Lo checks nearly every box we need. Secondary playmaker who can initiate the offense allowing LeBron to be more of an off ball threat. D'Lo is already elite (yes, elite) at running pick and roll and imagine him running it with AD or LeBron as his screener/roller rather than Jarrett Allen or Jared Dudley? Considering that he's a threat to score himself from distance (especially if he gets hot) that leaves defenses in a tough position when you consider his elite passing and vision. On top of that, he is also effective off ball and will allow us to load manage LeBron in games because if we stagger lineups D'Lo can carry scoring and initiation duties while LeBron rests. Oh, and he's also shown clutch ability in leading comebacks and fearlessness taking big shots. D'Lo shouldn't be at the top of our wish list (that's reserved for the Kawhi pipe dream) but Russell would be an excellent fit for us short and long term.
Discoflux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

There's no one else I want more at PG that D'Angelo. I can see him being the perfect conductor getting the ball where it needs to be in the new Lakers offense. He's a very smart player with pinpoint pass accuracy and great court vision. I imagine our offense would be very dynamic with DLO like he is a guy who will figure out how to leverage the weapons we have now.
Discoflux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
ocho wrote:
scoobs wrote:
ocho wrote:
Can't imagine he'd be interested in returning.
Especially if he goes on LG. If he does, then unfortunately he will see all these LG members with some kind of agenda against him. For example, prior to the draft 99% of them wanted the Lakers to draft Okafor. It seems, ever since then a lot of these members have been knit picking at the guy. Then, you had the Jordan Clarkson fan club on this board. And more recently, you had a large group of members unreasonably supporting BI for whatever reason. At the end of the day Russell is light years ahead of all three of these clowns. The fact is, we would be very fortunate if we are able to utilize what money we have on a player of his caliber, who would actually fit very well with James and AD.

He's a 23 year old All Star and people here are begrudgingly considering him (only at a discount, of course) as if HE would be the lucky one in that scenario. He was badly mistreated here by the front office, the poor coaches we hired, and especially the fans who had a massive chip on their shoulder about him since the second he was drafted before he was ultimately salary dumped so we could chase a star we didn't end up getting. Oh and Magic made sure to insult him on the way out. He cites leaving the Lakers as the best thing that happened to him and who could blame him? Perhaps it's true that the star power of LeBron and Davis has piqued his interest but I wouldn't be surprised if we were his last resort rather than his first choice.

And the funniest part of it all is that D'Lo checks nearly every box we need. Secondary playmaker who can initiate the offense allowing LeBron to be more of an off ball threat. D'Lo is already elite (yes, elite) at running pick and roll and imagine him running it with AD or LeBron as his screener/roller rather than Jarrett Allen or Jared Dudley? Considering that he's a threat to score himself from distance (especially if he gets hot) that leaves defenses in a tough position when you consider his elite passing and vision. On top of that, he is also effective off ball and will allow us to load manage LeBron in games because if we stagger lineups D'Lo can carry scoring and initiation duties while LeBron rests. Oh, and he's also shown clutch ability in leading comebacks and fearlessness taking big shots. D'Lo shouldn't be at the top of our wish list (that's reserved for the Kawhi pipe dream) but Russell would be an excellent fit for us short and long term.

Right on!
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Yes, BUT

Only for 20mil and under. I don't think he's worth the max yet.

Having him around would be a blast. I always liked his hustle and attitude. But I think we can get better for a premium price.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
kwase wrote:
DLo is immature and doesn't know how to conduct himself like a grown man. I see that this is going to end up being your typical low-IQ lebron built team.

True true true.

But what about your guy Magic Johnson? What he did the past 2 months was that mature and grown man like?

Hopefully no standard here by you Kwase.

No double standard for me. Magic screwed us over big time, then bailed when it got too hot in the kitchen. I can't name one thing Magic did that's going to help us long term. I would have traded Dlo and that's about it.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

No thanks
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

D'Lo - 21/4

Pat Bev 11/3

Brook L. - Room Exception

Tristan Thompson - on a buyout

JR Smith - buyout

Korver - buyout
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Bring this man HOME
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Weve lost all our youth but kuz, heck yah he needs to come back
xэloЯRolex
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

If we can't get Kyrie, Kawhi, Jimmy or Kemba, then i'm all in for D'Angelo...and we should offer him his full max...
KobeIsTheOne
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

xэloЯRolex wrote:
If we can't get Kyrie, Kawhi, Jimmy or Kemba, then i'm all in for D'Angelo...and we should offer him his full max...

I don't understand how Kyrie's clear lack of leadership skills and being a mild head case isn't scaring more fans away from the idea of bringing him here.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130129/daily-dime

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-thinks-neo-matrix-could-ve-best-174850191--nba.html
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

This year will be our last year to land a young All-Star unless we get lucky with a pick in the next couple of years.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
D'Lo - 21/4

Pat Bev 11/3

JR Smith - buyout

Korver - buyout

Sounds good to me.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Maginka wrote:
D'Lo - 21/4

Pat Bev 11/3

JR Smith - buyout

Korver - buyout

Sounds good to me.

That would be a great team!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Maginka wrote:
D'Lo - 21/4

Pat Bev 11/3

JR Smith - buyout

Korver - buyout

Sounds good to me.

That would be a great team!

We'll find out soon. If everything fell this way I'd be pretty happy.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
D'Lo - 21/4

Pat Bev 11/3

JR Smith - buyout

Korver - buyout

That'd be a really nice team but I don't think we'll have 32mil. 30mil sounds about right. Don't think Brook takes the RE either
#18 next...
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Bring this man HOME

for the Room Exception
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: