OFFICIAL PISS & MOAN THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
mugwump wrote:
They wouldn't even bring head coach Vogel to meet with Kawhi. Sounds like the Lakers did everything they could to ruin their chances to create a new dynasty:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kawhi-leonard-lakers-clippers-front-office-20190706-story.html

He only wanted to meet Rob/Jeanie. By the way, he moved the meeting place so he could meet up with PG13 right after the Lakers meeting.

What is inexcusable is that our FO didn’t know that. The other team in town employs investigators to find out information like that, they knew where Kawhi was pretty much all season. Evidently that isn’t in the Laker’s budget.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
PinoyLBJFan wrote:
nothing to be ashamed

Salamat po.

Nandito ako! Lakers para sa buhay!
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
I'm ASHAMED of Laker ownership, management, and a Laker & NBA legend.

-Jeanie Buss
-Rob Pelinka
-Magic Johnson

Dr. Buss may he rest in peace. Right now is looking down from heaven and is in DISGUST what his pride & joy "The Lakers" has become since he died.

i think criticism of jeannie and magic are fair, but not of rob. he shouldn't be put out on an island to figure things out himself. well he does have linda rambis to help him of course.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

The only thing we should be ashamed of is allowing some of our fans on this board to get totally trolled by the insiders.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: I’m ashamed...

Kobeskillz wrote:
By the lot of you! We are acting like spoiled children!

We have lebron and AD still. Green a two time champion and 3 and D guy. A Kuzma that’s should improve. These two year deals are great trade values that teams love due to expiring deals.

Oh did I mention we have James and AD? So what if weird ass Kawhi and sensitive George went to the step child’s.

Let’s put up or shut up and appreciate what we do have not what we don’t.

we could be much better as franchise, much better. you cannot deny that.

not hiring the right people has been detrimental. whether it's hiring magic, or not hiring a PBO once he left. whether it's not insisting on a more experienced staff for Luke. whether it's our hiring process for coaches. whether it's letting the right coaches walk (Snyder).

then you look at the personnel moves we've made, some have been good, some bad, some neutral. But we held the leverage in the AD trade and still gave up the house. not utilizing the scouting departments expertise (could have had robinson). getting rid of guys too early (Bryant, Zubac).

you can only get lucky for so long before ignorance and lack of process and discipline catch up.

i put it on jeannie. being just nice doesn't make a great leader.

i expect more of this organization, and it's lackluster at the moment.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
All the delusional children thinking Kawhi was coming to the Lakers can please go away now.

Also, the Clipper curse is real and we'll see it in action very soon.

Yep the Curse is real, it destroyed "Lob City" which was their best chance to win a ship. The curse has been reactivated. These "Load Management" villains are already starting out in a hole, Leg problems for one, shoulder problems for the other. Do your're worse Curse.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

-Jeanie Buss
-Rob Pelinka
-Magic Johnson

Dr. Buss may he rest in peace. Right now is looking down from heaven and is in DISGUST what his pride & joy "The Lakers" has become since he died.

Ashamed of what you big baby? That we have 2 top 5 players? Go be a Knick fan so you can come back crawling.

Ashamed at how much tale t they've been discarding left and right to keep building up useless capspace with constant promise of a big FA signing, that's just right around the corner. When they couldn't pull it off before, they could just blame Mitch and Jim.

Now, Jeanie and Magic have shoulder the burden of failure. They've run off a lot of good, young talented players to get us this cap space. Players a hell of a lot better than Danny Green or KCP

You sound very ignorant here......

We have Lebron James.....HAS been and IS the best player in the NBA until problem different

You have

Davis who is arguably a top 5 player

WTF are you talking about!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I’m ashamed...

TMG wrote:
Kobeskillz wrote:
By the lot of you! We are acting like spoiled children!

We have lebron and AD still. Green a two time champion and 3 and D guy. A Kuzma that’s should improve. These two year deals are great trade values that teams love due to expiring deals.

Oh did I mention we have James and AD? So what if weird ass Kawhi and sensitive George went to the step child’s.

Let’s put up or shut up and appreciate what we do have not what we don’t.

Im frustrated because we waited while everyone else got better..We had multiple players we could have gone after but got greedy and wasted time waiting for Kawhi basically shooting ourselves in the leg for days. We could have gone after so many more quality players instead.

Pelinka (bleep) us over by waiting.

You mean after securing 2 of the top 5 players in the league he took a chance on biulding a super team before he changed directions and filled the roster the rest of the roster with experienced playoff championship experience veteran experienced players...

This doesnt even take into account that he managed to KEEP Kuzma...when Magic was ready to give up EVERYBODY for the same player....Kuzma looks like he is right on the verge of being a all star caliber player

Your right....Pelinka sucks
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
KB8SD wrote:

-Jeanie Buss
-Rob Pelinka
-Magic Johnson

THIS NUFF SAID

What exactly has Rob Pelinka done wrong?

I will wait
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Win or lose, I feel Lebron will leave it all on the court the next 2 seasons. He’ll finally win the respect he deserves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

For the people who think our FO office isn't bad- we're one ring away from being back to Laker glory.

For the people who despise this front office- we're one injury away from a total franchise collapse.

The truth is that there is a middle ground. The front office, and Jeanie in particular has done some god awful things. Namely not bringing in someone like West or even Griffin when given the opportunity. Also the facing of Kidd on the coaching staff, and up til this season having a terrible infrastructure and weak chain of command.

Having said that, despite giving up a ton of young assets, being the butt of jokes, and having the worst winning % over the last 6 years in the ENITE NBA... we are somehow the closest to a championship since way back in the 2009 sesson.

Under Dr. Buss's stewardship, we didn't win a title for 10 years: 89 until 99. Under Jeanie, we're now in year 11. If we do win it this year, which isnt a stretch (assuming health), she's going to earn herself a lot of leeway. If the doomsday scenario happens and we miss the playoffs (maybe lose AD) and the young kids continue to flourish elsewhere, the entire sports world is coming for her head.

I don't agree with the methods we used to get here. Ie. trading the young guys only to give money to 1 year deals (last year) and then waiting for Kawhi this year to the point of scrambling to build a roster 7 days in. I wish we had given D'lo a max offer and still signed Boogie. I wish we didn't feel compelled too keep bringing KCP back. I wish we had kept D'lo and Randle and then resigned them using their bid rights AFTER getting AD.. I wish we had tried to trade for PG and Kawhi more aggressively. Part of me even wonders if we'd be better off having never signed LeBron. But truth is that we are where we are and it's not the worst place to be. We have LeBron, AD, Kuzma, Boogie, Green and some decent depth around them. We have the odds favoring us (tied with the Clippers) to win a ring. So I for one am just excited to watch May/June basketball again.

Hoping for the best.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Having said that, despite giving up a ton of young assets, being the butt of jokes, and having the worst winning % over the last 6 years in the ENITE NBA... we are somehow the closest to a championship since way back in the 2009 sesson.

I'm not sure about this. It depends on (1) how much Lebron has left in the tank, (2) how well Lebron meshes with Davis, and (3) health. Last year's post-injury Lebron seemed diminished. History shows that big men's stats suffer when they play with Lebron (Bosh and Love). We have a lot of guys with injury risks. In fact, this could easily be a replay of 2013.

I'm going to need to see this team in action before I form any opinions. Vegas odds aside, I'm not yet convinced that this team is a legitimate title contender. When I hear people talking like Danny Green is a stud, it makes me nervous.
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Some fans clearly believe everything they read. That’s what makes the ESPN/Woj machine going . Its time that we have a mind of our own and witness greatness & shut out the noise of those talking heads . We give them too much credit & power to manipulate a historically great franchise.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

Oh MY GOD, just signed Bradley!!!! Where is that crow!!!! I will humbly but gladly eat as much as anyone wants to shove down my throat!!!

I should have had faith, I did not. I should have stuck by the team after almost 40 years of fandom, I should have controlled my emotions and looked for the positive. I did not. But dammit...I’m so happy now I could cry.

Cousins/ McGhee
AD/ Kuzma
LeBron/ THT
Da Green/ KCP / Carouso
Bradley/ Rondo/ Cook

Dudley
Daniels

Time to tie for most titles!!!!
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
mugwump wrote:
They wouldn't even bring head coach Vogel to meet with Kawhi. Sounds like the Lakers did everything they could to ruin their chances to create a new dynasty:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kawhi-leonard-lakers-clippers-front-office-20190706-story.html

He only wanted to meet Rob/Jeanie. By the way, he moved the meeting place so he could meet up with PG13 right after the Lakers meeting.

What is inexcusable is that our FO didn’t know that. The other team in town employs investigators to find out information like that, they knew where Kawhi was pretty much all season. Evidently that isn’t in the Laker’s budget.

Ehh, you're clearly delusional. Do you know where your dog is?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
mugwump wrote:

That's...creepy. And probably why he and PG can test the market again in two years.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I think "creepy" is definitely the right word to describe that. I would hope that the FO never deploys investigators on potential free agents. Ever.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm too pissed to moan...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Win or lose, I feel Lebron will leave it all on the court the next 2 seasons. He’ll finally win the respect he deserves.

I think you and I would have different interpretations of that if he doesn't win a championship.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
2019 wrote:

I'm not sure about this. It depends on (1) how much Lebron has left in the tank, (2) how well Lebron meshes with Davis, and (3) health. Last year's post-injury Lebron seemed diminished. History shows that big men's stats suffer when they play with Lebron (Bosh and Love). We have a lot of guys with injury risks. In fact, this could easily be a replay of 2013.

I'm going to need to see this team in action before I form any opinions. Vegas odds aside, I'm not yet convinced that this team is a legitimate title contender. When I hear people talking like Danny Green is a stud, it makes me nervous.

This team may or may not pull together, but I am satisfied with it.

I get that fans want a squad that looks like it's rubber stamped to make the finals, but I don't see any team in the league that fits that criteria.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm still concerned about our perimeter defense, against top shooting perimeter teams we will struggle. I've read that Vogel still uses old defensive schemes from when he coached Indiana, Watching pre-season games it was clear that if you can't defend the perimeter with good switching techniques you will not be successful. Let's hope I'm not wrong, but I'm kinda worried.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject:

where is a lakers news thread...every player has a thread, but there is not just one thread to put in lakers news...which players have we cut ?
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject:

where is a lakers news thread...every player has a thread, but there is not just one thread to put in lakers news...which players have we cut ?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

We actually have a player news forum
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 25 of 29
Jump to: