OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3569, 3570, 3571 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
twisted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
did you guys see that report that Durant would not agree to the S&T that got GSW Russell unless GSW gave up a pick? Like GSW and and Brooklyn were good without the pick, but he refused to sign unless GSW gave up a pick. I think he is the most repulsive dude in the NBA.

Kawhi is the most repulsive dude. Did you read the expose that basically says he tried to circumvent the CBA by asking teams for compensation outside the rules?

Where is this story? Do you have a link? Thanks

Here bro
https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/raptors/opinion/2019/07/10/in-nbas-land-of-contract-sweeteners-does-the-craftiest-circumventer-win.html

https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/was-uncle-dennis-a-menace-in-former-raptor-kawhi-leonards-free-agency-departure

Last edited by twisted on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
MDA has yet to find a PG he can't make better. I expect WB to fit in great with the floor so spread.

IF CP3 is willing to come here after a buyout. Tough to say no to that talent.

Would you buyout hundreds of millions or make the guy play for you?

Do they have their own draft picks? I honestly don't know. I also wonder if CP3 is willing to play in that small market. Might have an AD situation. Without the ability to trade him till December. And even when they can trade him, that contract price makes him borderline untradeable.

They have tons of picks but I think they find a trade for him. Like you said, he's on the wrong side of 30 and will have very little tree market. I think it's Miami or bust.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
MDA has yet to find a PG he can't make better. I expect WB to fit in great with the floor so spread.

Do they have their own draft picks? I honestly don't know. I also wonder if CP3 is willing to play in that small market. Might have an AD situation. Without the ability to trade him till December. And even when they can trade him, that contract price makes him borderline untradeable.

They have tons of picks but I think they find a trade for him. Like you said, he's on the wrong side of 30 and will have very little tree market. I think it's Miami or bust.

Where can I look up team picks? Did Miami lose any trading for Butler?

I know OKC has a ton of picks from the Clippers. Just wondering if they have their own 2020 pick. That would be another reason to let CP3 go ASAP. He could win them some games they don't want to win this season. This looks like a tank job.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I know OKC has a ton of picks from the Clippers. Just wondering if they have their own 2020 pick. That would be another reason to let CP3 go ASAP. He could win them some games they don't want to win this season. This looks like a tank job.

There might be a lag of a few days while they update after a trade.

RealGM Future Draft Picks
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It looks like their 2020 1st round pick was sent to Philly, but it's protected 1-20; if it doesn't convey (which is looking very likely now), they'll instead convey 2nd round picks to Philly in 2022 and 2023. They also have Denver's 2020 1st by virtue of the Jerami Grant deal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:02 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
twisted wrote:
adkindo wrote:
did you guys see that report that Durant would not agree to the S&T that got GSW Russell unless GSW gave up a pick? Like GSW and and Brooklyn were good without the pick, but he refused to sign unless GSW gave up a pick. I think he is the most repulsive dude in the NBA.

Kawhi is the most repulsive dude. Did you read the expose that basically says he tried to circumvent the CBA by asking teams for compensation outside the rules?

Here bro
https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/raptors/opinion/2019/07/10/in-nbas-land-of-contract-sweeteners-does-the-craftiest-circumventer-win.html

https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/nba/toronto-raptors/was-uncle-dennis-a-menace-in-former-raptor-kawhi-leonards-free-agency-departure

I wish one day a full blown investigation will be made.
andree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

Dayum, 4 MVP/MVP candidate players, all in their prime, zero 0 ring

How do you mess this up

If you look into a vacuum you are right. But I followed OKC over the years and it'a a little more complicated.

Westbrook, Durant and Harden played a final together when they were 23y old and lost to Miami trio. Nothing to be ashamed, they were too young and underdogs.
The same year they lost Harden because the owner didn't want to pay the tax. Presti has no other option here.
From 2013-2016 with Durant, Westbrok and Ibaka they had a lot of bad luck. Actually the only year when they were all of them healthy in playoffs was in 2016. And they chocked a 3-1 lead against GSW. For 4 and half games I believed GSW had no chance against OKC. They were more athletic and more agressive. But suddently Klay made a few unbelievable 3-points and Durant and Westbrook chocked massively. And the series was over. In that summer Durnt left for GSW and was over.
It could be the same for Lakers or Clippers if in the next 3 years in the playoffs one of the big boys is hurt. You have no chance.

After my poor opinion Presti made 2 mistakes.
One is his fetish for athleticism. It's not a mistake per se, but he kind a ignore other aspects. For example many of them were bad shooters (Robertson, Grant,Diallo). They were always a team without enough 3-point shooters.
Another thing. They always have at least big contract, who ate their cap (Ibaka, Perkins,Adams) and blocked the possibilty to reshape the roster. Maybe would have better to keep only Westbrook and Durant on big money and the rest of the cap to find the right pieces along them. They never had enough flexibility.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
twisted wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
twisted wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Here bro

Meh, we are the Lakers backed by AEG. If teams are circumventing the rules we are probably among the best at it. An investigation would likey look at us first.

Its like they said if you ain't cheating you ain't competing
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject:

Morey just revived the Rockets by dealing a still well in his prime Westbrook for the corpse of Chris Paul.
You could not have given Russ a better situation. Russ is surrounded by shooters with Harden, Tucker and Brown and has a lob threat in Capella.. He is going to be afforded so much space to operate that his shooting number will uptick and the assist numbers willl blow up.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It looks like their 2020 1st round pick was sent to Philly, but it's protected 1-20; if it doesn't convey (which is looking very likely now), they'll instead convey 2nd round picks to Philly in 2022 and 2023. They also have Denver's 2020 1st by virtue of the Jerami Grant deal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Didn’t OKC receive Miami’s future picks via Clippers trade? Miami doesn’t have many picks to trade and OKC will not do anything to improve Miami’s roster
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

andree wrote:
governator wrote:
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

How do you mess this up

If you look into a vacuum you are right. But I followed OKC over the years and it'a a little more complicated.

Westbrook, Durant and Harden played a final together when they were 23y old and lost to Miami trio. Nothing to be ashamed, they were too young and underdogs.
The same year they lost Harden because the owner didn't want to pay the tax. Presti has no other option here.
From 2013-2016 with Durant, Westbrok and Ibaka they had a lot of bad luck. Actually the only year when they were all of them healthy in playoffs was in 2016. And they chocked a 3-1 lead against GSW. For 4 and half games I believed GSW had no chance against OKC. They were more athletic and more agressive. But suddently Klay made a few unbelievable 3-points and Durant and Westbrook chocked massively. And the series was over. In that summer Durnt left for GSW and was over.
It could be the same for Lakers or Clippers if in the next 3 years in the playoffs one of the big boys is hurt. You have no chance.

One is his fetish for athleticism. It's not a mistake per se, but he kind a ignore other aspects. For example many of them were bad shooters (Robertson, Grant,Diallo). They were always a team without enough 3-point shooters.
Another thing. They always have at least big contract, who ate their cap (Ibaka, Perkins,Adams) and blocked the possibilty to reshape the roster. Maybe would have better to keep only Westbrook and Durant on big money and the rest of the cap to find the right pieces along them. They never had enough flexibility.

I think his biggest mistake is getting so little asset from the Rockets via Harden’s trade.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject:

OKC is throwing in the towel.
But once again it is at the Lakers expense.
Making other teams better.
While taking from the Lakers like PG and Kawhi.

The small market teams HATE the Lakers and will do everything they can
to mess us up.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject:

CP3 has to be bought out now, if he waits 2 years i think it will be too late unless he finds a super team like Dubs 2016-2018.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
twisted wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
twisted wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Here bro

Meh, we are the Lakers backed by AEG. If teams are circumventing the rules we are probably among the best at it. An investigation would likey look at us first.

Its like they said if you ain't cheating you ain't competing

like how did we cheat?

we only had one superstar signing in LBJ...didn't need a lot to convince him
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
andree wrote:
governator wrote:
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

How do you mess this up

I think his biggest mistake is getting so little asset from the Rockets via Harden’s trade.

just like mitch losing Gasol for nothing
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject:

Ok, Bradley-Green-KCP better be damn ready:

Conley-Mitchell-Ingles
Dame $-McCollum-Aminu
Westbrook-Harden-Gordon
Steph-Dlo-Klay
Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13
Murray-Harris-Barton
Dejonte Murray-DeRozan
Teague-Wiggins-Covington

Man!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

Aminu gone . Best player on that list
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
andree wrote:
governator wrote:
Durant
Harden
Westbrook
PG13

How do you mess this up

just like mitch losing Gasol for nothing

No, Mitch wanted to resign Gasol. OKC didn’t want to pay Harden. Completely different scenario
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Does Harden become a spot up jumpshooter or does Westbrook? I mean, talk about two players that absolutely need the ball in their hands.

I dont get Harden man.

He's 41.4% on c&s 3s. But he only takes them at a freq of 3.7%. How moronic. Guess what his freq on pull up 3s are.... 49.4% on 36.3% 3fg%.

And do you know what his wide open 3s are at? 46.1%!!!!

One would assume Harden should spot up more.
But something tells me he will NOT. What a moron.

The only other playmaker on the team was CP3, who missed 24 games each of the last two seasons. And when he plays the coach staggers their minutes to always have a playmaker on the court at all times. His iso scoring numbers in the regular season are amongst the most efficient in basketball, so that's why he has the ball so much.

This is like drinking salt water and trying to pass it off as 7UP.

The fit should be interesting. Let's see how long Harden agrees to play "off ball."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Indeed. For a minimum no brainer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

chickenjoy24 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Is that even possible? OKC will pay CP3 his remaining 120mil+ contract and let him walk?

More likely he's traded to Miami for a Dragic package. OKC may just buy out Dragic and we can have Dragic for a minimum...
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Conley-Mitchell-Ingles
Dame $-McCollum-Aminu
Westbrook-Harden-Gordon
Steph-Dlo-Klay
Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13
Murray-Harris-Barton
Dejonte Murray-DeRozan
Teague-Wiggins-Covington

Man!

i was feeling pretty good about the backcourt until you laid it out like this.

of course the frontcourt is where it’s at.
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Conley-Mitchell-Ingles
Dame $-McCollum-Aminu
Westbrook-Harden-Gordon
Steph-Dlo-Klay
Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13
Murray-Harris-Barton
Dejonte Murray-DeRozan
Teague-Wiggins-Covington

Man!

Man our backcourt may be the worst when it comes to offensive fire power. Defensively they look somewhat decent but you have to be a threat offensively to be able to make the opposing backcourt expend energy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

roboshrimp wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Conley-Mitchell-Ingles
Dame $-McCollum-Aminu
Westbrook-Harden-Gordon
Steph-Dlo-Klay
Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13
Murray-Harris-Barton
Dejonte Murray-DeRozan
Teague-Wiggins-Covington

Man!

Man our backcourt may be the worst when it comes to offensive fire power. Defensively they look somewhat decent but you have to be a threat offensively to be able to make the opposing backcourt expend energy.

They need to be heavy off ball movers. Chasing guys off screens and such on defense is very tiring and guys like Harden or WB don't like expending that kind of energy. Plus we have one of the deeper guard rotations so we wear them down that way, not necessarily taking other guards on ISO.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

Edit: I'm 100% convinced that CP3 gets traded.

OKC has traded its first round pick to ATL, but it's lottery protected. And, if they land in the lotto this season, ATL gets 2 second rounders.

Another win for Presti if he can tank this season.

Last edited by UKUGA on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3569, 3570, 3571 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3570 of 8560
Jump to: