Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)

Howdy

As the title says I need to get rid of cable. I'm tired of giving them the level of money I give them considering how little I actually watch tv outside of sports. I wanted to ask fellow sports folks the best options for cord cutting while still being able to watch live sports.

Resources and advices greatly appreciated
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Depends on what kind of sports you watch, but go onto Reddit and check our MLB Streams. This was eye opening to me. Every single game including the blocked Dodgers are streamable for free and the quality is excellent. I’m sure the same thing exists for the NBA, Etc.

for some reason, NBA stream page was "banned" after the season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)

TDRock wrote:
Howdy

As the title says I need to get rid of cable. I'm tired of giving them the level of money I give them considering how little I actually watch tv outside of sports. I wanted to ask fellow sports folks the best options for cord cutting while still being able to watch live sports.

I know there are market issues, blackouts, etc., but if you are talking about live sports on cable like ESPN, Fox Sports, etc., I used the Hulu live service for a while and it was solid for the price.

**or you can always do the Ebay Amazon Firestick with Kodi option, and get basically everything globally with no monthly fee.

If it is just for you, the Firestick option is great.....but if you have kids or elderly people in the home, it can be a challenge to navigate for some people.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Yeah, I've been championing these Reddit streams the last few years. Both the NBA and MMA streams went down within the last 2 months. Huge bummer for me.

I'm looking into IPTV based on a few recommendations.. Anyone try Nitro IPTV?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
^^^ that’s what I do. Didn’t want to keep paying $150 month plus for channels I never watched

What're you using now dude?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

It’s a gamble but I still use some of the same sites that used to be on reddit for mma, NBA and boxing. I’ll dm you
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Yeah, I've been championing these Reddit streams the last few years. Both the NBA and MMA streams went down within the last 2 months. Huge bummer for me.

I'm looking into IPTV based on a few recommendations.. Anyone try Nitro IPTV?

ACEStreams

https://blog.fastestvpn.com/acestream-channels/
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Directv is expensive now too..

I just cant cut the nfl package though...

I dont want to be stuck with local fox and cbs games only...

Any good nfl steaming services that are reliable?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

It’s a gamble but I still use some of the same sites that used to be on reddit for mma, NBA and boxing. I’ll dm you

hit me too
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cord Cutting (I Need to Get Rid of Cable)

adkindo wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Howdy

I know there are market issues, blackouts, etc., but if you are talking about live sports on cable like ESPN, Fox Sports, etc., I used the Hulu live service for a while and it was solid for the price.

**or you can always do the Ebay Amazon Firestick with Kodi option, and get basically everything globally with no monthly fee.

If it is just for you, the Firestick option is great.....but if you have kids or elderly people in the home, it can be a challenge to navigate for some people.

Thanks kindly.

The Firestick/Roku/alladat is completely foreign to me so I'm researching all of that. I shall look into ye Firestick.

And then I've heard YouTube's tv thing is great for sports, I've heard Sling is... So yeah. I'm checking into all of that.

Disclosure: I'm under control for NBA games unless something happens to that option (Hehe), but I want to figure out how to access NBATV if at all possible, and then there are other sports I watch as well (and some other TV but I'm most concerned about losing mah sports! lol)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

hit me too

Got you huey
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

hit me too

Got you huey

PM Please. I was using the reddit stream page as well.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Go to the Reddit IPTV page it's got plenty of good recommendations. Most IPTV packages contain MLB NBA NFL NHL and PPV no blackouts also most cable channels and many local channels in lots of different countries. Do your research and try them out. Most are really cheap and have a try out for a day or 2.

Cost of mine is like 26 bucks a quarter for 2 connections.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

I play the special package game. I got DirectTV for 2 years at $39 a month. That expired so I got Spectrum yesterday for a year at $45 a month. And I will shop around a year from now.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I play the special package game. I got DirectTV for 2 years at $39 a month. That expired so I got Spectrum yesterday for a year at $45 a month. And I will shop around a year from now.

I have a few friends who do that. That’s too much work for me lol
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

r/nbastreams was banned during the offseason, and r/nflstreams is kind of hit and miss. A stream will be working fine, and then it suddenly cuts out, and you can spend another 20 minutes trying to find another decent one. Don't think I've ever been able to watch an entire game on the same stream.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Try the Amazon FireStick. You get Netflix, ESPN, Showtime, latest movies and so much more. The stick runs about $38.00. You just plug it in, register it and go. Just say Electa show football.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Cut cable a month ago and don’t miss it.

Will probably get NBA LP plus vpn for Lakers games.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Youtube TV has nba games, but it's $50/month, which coupled with your internet costs, would equal the cost of cable. But, you can suspend your account any time.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Youtube TV has nba games, but it's $50/month, which coupled with your internet costs, would equal the cost of cable. But, you can suspend your account any time.

They don’t have Spectrum Sportsnet though. So you only get nationally televised games I believe.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Try the Amazon FireStick. You get Netflix, ESPN, Showtime, latest movies and so much more. The stick runs about $38.00. You just plug it in, register it and go. Just say Electa show football.

Noice Thanks kindly
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

As someone who wants to do this, any particular challenges or advice? Pay like a chump for lousy Spectrum triple package now at a ridiculous rate.
cheapedy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Agree with getting a Firestick. If you have a friend or relative with DirecTV or cable, ask if they can "lend" you their account info. Then you can put all the network apps (espn, hbo, sho, amc, tnt, tbs, fx, mtv etc.) on it and watch shows and movies.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: