THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1671, 1672, 1673  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
you have alot of power when you have the ability to blackmail important people

https://www.mintpressnews.com/mega-group-maxwells-mossad-spy-story-jeffrey-epstein-scandal/261172/#.XUw8L_4jm7I.twitter

"Jeffrey Epstein and the new “Promis”
After it was revealed that Epstein had evaded stricter sentencing in 2008 due to his links to “intelligence,” it was the Mossad ties of Ghislaine Maxwell’s father that have led many to speculate that Epstein’s sexual blackmail operation was sharing incriminating information with the Mossad. Former CBS executive producer and current journalist for the media outlet Narativ, Zev Shalev, has since claimed that he independently confirmed that Epstein was tied directly to the Mossad. "


I have wondered if they got someone inside and handed him some poison pills and told him "do it" or they did it to him.. honest.. there is no way they can have him testify if he did get deep in with them

I don't think he hung himself.. those were early reports.. I have seen something saying they found him on the floor unresponsive..*oops I stand corrected.. so far the "Attempted Suicide" is reported as him being found on floor with marks on his neck.. hmm
Quote:
Last month, Epstein was found unconscious on the floor of his jail cell with marks on his neck, and officials were investigating that incident as a possible suicide or assault.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein/disgraced-u-s-financier-jeffrey-epstein-found-dead-in-apparent-suicide-idUSKCN1V00GM

*^^A man with IQ off the charts fails at a suicide attempt?
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

One more then I will retire for a bit

Pizzagate.. hmm.. Maria was abducted from
"Nash's Pizza 1993 in Waterbury, CT"
https://twitter.com/i/moments/1026279910434734080
Quote:
Documentary evidence that Pizzagate + Qanon narratives were developed to shield Trump + Epstein from accusations of child trafficking & serial sexual assault of two 12 + 13yo girls in 1993. Those who need it for prosecution already have their copies.


whew.. sheesh

Quote:
The first mentions of Pizzagate started 11/4, within 8 hours of my first call to report I had identified an open missing person's case matching the abduction of Trump's 12 year old victim known as "Maria"

It exploded after I contacted LE.

Check the numbers. Check the timing.

_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30435

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

We've certainly become insular. Nary a word regarding the Hong Kong protests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

^^there was/is a thread on it and then we had all the shootings and there it went.. A planet in chaos

Democrats could win a lot of Farm Vote if they work hard at it. All the smaller farms are going to go under and the big ones buy them by 2021 if something isn't done..

I am starting to Appreciate Bernie a bit more also.

Dude is engaged with the people.. Not just shouting nonsense from a stage.

When I saw he called out the Health Insurance companies being able to afford 100's of millions of dollars to defeat HCA.. and himself .. that was sharp and important..

Truth if him and Warren were the ticket the Country could get back on track rename the VP for whoever takes it "Co President"
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 48418
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
We've certainly become insular. Nary a word regarding the Hong Kong protests.

Chinese people protesting is relatively a non happening. I'm surprised there haven't been more arrests and deaths.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 43460
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
We've certainly become insular. Nary a word regarding the Hong Kong protests.

Chinese people protesting is relatively a non happening. I'm surprised there haven't been more arrests and deaths.


Hardly. They shut down one of the busiest airports in the world causing problems around the globe.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17136
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Good news:

Quote:
NYT Politics @nytpolitics

John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado's Republican-held Senate seat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 9958

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Interesting read by Thom Hartmann: The right-wing love affair with Ayn Rand ties conservatism to one of the most disturbing sociopathic killers

Quote:
There’s a direct link between a sociopathic killer in 1927 and the GOP’s willingness to embrace a sociopathic president like Trump. That link runs through the work of Ayn Rand.

When Donald Trump was running for the GOP nomination, he told USA Today’s Kirsten Powers that Ayn Rand’s raped-girl-decides-she-likes-it novel, The Fountainhead, was his favorite book.

“It relates to business, beauty, life and inner emotions,” he told Powers. “That book relates to … everything.”

_________________
If ever there were a Mount Rushmore of liars, it would be Trump, Trump, Trump, and Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 10113

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Good news:

Quote:
NYT Politics @nytpolitics

John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado's Republican-held Senate seat.


Great! He is very popular in Colorado.

Let's hope a couple more candidates do the same.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Interesting read by Thom Hartmann: The right-wing love affair with Ayn Rand ties conservatism to one of the most disturbing sociopathic killers

Quote:
There’s a direct link between a sociopathic killer in 1927 and the GOP’s willingness to embrace a sociopathic president like Trump. That link runs through the work of Ayn Rand.

When Donald Trump was running for the GOP nomination, he told USA Today’s Kirsten Powers that Ayn Rand’s raped-girl-decides-she-likes-it novel, The Fountainhead, was his favorite book.

“It relates to business, beauty, life and inner emotions,” he told Powers. “That book relates to … everything.”


I used to see people carrying her books.
Really pathetic anyone would publish this trash.

She would find the memoirs of a NAZI Oven Operator and write a story all about how glorious he was

Or the Charlottesville killer how he was a Suprman

Witch should've had to deal with Trump in her dying days.
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Good news:

Quote:
NYT Politics @nytpolitics

John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado's Republican-held Senate seat.


Great! He is very popular in Colorado.

Let's hope a couple more candidates do the same.


I wonder if hearing about Trump rolling back too many EPA protections made him want to protect the state he loves?
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 43460
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Good news:

Quote:
NYT Politics @nytpolitics

John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado's Republican-held Senate seat.


Very. Obviously need those seats.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2982
Location: South Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Here we go again. Remember when the DNC created a rules reform package that was supposed to lessen the power/influence of superdelegates in the next Presidential election? It turns out that the 769 superdelegates are allowed to vote if the convention is contested.

How do you get a contested convention? By allowing 20+ candidates to run for President and split the vote on the progressive side so that a second ballot is all but inevitable. In other words, those that have the extra power of being super-delegates weren't giving up anything. Do you want additional accusations that DNC is rigging the outcome of the primaries? Because this is how you get that.

“Nobody wants to anticipate a campaign where we go to a second ballot, but if you’re smart you have to,” said Jed Ober, Hillary for America’s deputy delegate director in 2016 and chief of staff to Rep. Susan Wild of Pennsylvania, who is uncommitted but was invited to the call. Ober joined Monday’s call on Wild’s behalf. He said the Buttigieg campaign was the first to reach out this cycle and that all signs point to them building a sophisticated delegate-wrangling operation."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pete-buttigieg-campaign-aggressively-courts-superdelegates-in-preparation-for-a-contested-convention?ref=scroll


How did the DNC compel 20 different candidates to run and how do they have the power to determine who does or doesn't stay in the race through the convention? The individual campaigns make those decisions. The DNC makes rules for all contingencies. The don't have the power to orchestrate any specific outcome. Again, it's up to the candidate to know the rules and use them to their advantage or not, and then it's up the voters. If two progressive candidates are in the race, and one is within shouting distance of the nomination and the other is trailing substantially, then maybe the two progressives should get to together and discuss one getting out the of race so that the progressive vote doesn't get split thus guaranteeing neither of them winning. The DNC has nothing to do with that either.


If the DNC hadn’t accommodated the 20 candidates, they would have been accused of intentionally limiting the field in order to rig the primaries to increase the odds for party favorites. Now that they have the expanded pool, they are accused of rigging the election by forcing a second ballot.

For some people, it wouldn’t matter what the DNC did, it’d still be accused of being corrupt against their preferred candidate. There’s nothing the DNC can do please that collective.


You are both missing the point. Why do we even have super delegates as part of the DNC primary process? This was all up for negotiation when they did their reforms after the 2016 debacle. Why did we once again end up with a system that will end up with Super Delegates once again deciding what is best for us? There is something inherently unfair about having certain special people whose vote counts more than everyone else’s.

This is not the only way to run a primary. Ranked choice voting is much better approach that would drive election outcomes.

If you aren’t familiar with this approach, check out this short video that explains it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P10PFuBFVL8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 48418
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
We've certainly become insular. Nary a word regarding the Hong Kong protests.

Chinese people protesting is relatively a non happening. I'm surprised there haven't been more arrests and deaths.


Hardly. They shut down one of the busiest airports in the world causing problems around the globe.

I mean Chinese protests are a rarity.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 18024

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

NPZ wrote:
State prison employees aren't uuuh... often the most motivated or the most diligent or in MANY cases the sharpest knives.


I wrote that yesterday. Today's NY Times reports that COs assigned to watch him were sleeping and falsified the logbook that's a mandatory feature of every prison control center or watch center that they had made their rounds (that's a bad one, they'll probably get fired for that long before they get fired for sleeping, which they had no doubt done a hundred times before until a suicide happened). I'm not in the least bit surprised.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 84581
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Here we go again. Remember when the DNC created a rules reform package that was supposed to lessen the power/influence of superdelegates in the next Presidential election? It turns out that the 769 superdelegates are allowed to vote if the convention is contested.

How do you get a contested convention? By allowing 20+ candidates to run for President and split the vote on the progressive side so that a second ballot is all but inevitable. In other words, those that have the extra power of being super-delegates weren't giving up anything. Do you want additional accusations that DNC is rigging the outcome of the primaries? Because this is how you get that.

“Nobody wants to anticipate a campaign where we go to a second ballot, but if you’re smart you have to,” said Jed Ober, Hillary for America’s deputy delegate director in 2016 and chief of staff to Rep. Susan Wild of Pennsylvania, who is uncommitted but was invited to the call. Ober joined Monday’s call on Wild’s behalf. He said the Buttigieg campaign was the first to reach out this cycle and that all signs point to them building a sophisticated delegate-wrangling operation."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pete-buttigieg-campaign-aggressively-courts-superdelegates-in-preparation-for-a-contested-convention?ref=scroll


How did the DNC compel 20 different candidates to run and how do they have the power to determine who does or doesn't stay in the race through the convention? The individual campaigns make those decisions. The DNC makes rules for all contingencies. The don't have the power to orchestrate any specific outcome. Again, it's up to the candidate to know the rules and use them to their advantage or not, and then it's up the voters. If two progressive candidates are in the race, and one is within shouting distance of the nomination and the other is trailing substantially, then maybe the two progressives should get to together and discuss one getting out the of race so that the progressive vote doesn't get split thus guaranteeing neither of them winning. The DNC has nothing to do with that either.


If the DNC hadn’t accommodated the 20 candidates, they would have been accused of intentionally limiting the field in order to rig the primaries to increase the odds for party favorites. Now that they have the expanded pool, they are accused of rigging the election by forcing a second ballot.

For some people, it wouldn’t matter what the DNC did, it’d still be accused of being corrupt against their preferred candidate. There’s nothing the DNC can do please that collective.


You are both missing the point. Why do we even have super delegates as part of the DNC primary process? This was all up for negotiation when they did their reforms after the 2016 debacle. Why did we once again end up with a system that will end up with Super Delegates once again deciding what is best for us? There is something inherently unfair about having certain special people whose vote counts more than everyone else’s.

This is not the only way to run a primary. Ranked choice voting is much better approach that would drive election outcomes.

If you aren’t familiar with this approach, check out this short video that explains it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P10PFuBFVL8


It’s hard coming up with a system that will fairly nominate the person the majority don’t want.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject:

Just last night I was telling my friend from Saudi Arabia how Hillary Clinton won by more than 3,000,000 votes even with Russia and others helping Trump.. She was flabbergasted.. She immediately reminded me of this event

2020 will be all these women and all the others he has pissed off since that day.. making sure people vote...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?422332-1/womens-march-washington-protests-trump-administration
January 21st 2017 Women's March on DC and...

World marches to support women’s rights
PBS NewsHour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No9rOsjEIFE

Women's March Goes Global

VOA Learning English
Published on Jan 21, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExD35cITpRc
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17136
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

And the other shoe that I've been dreading has dropped:

Quote:
Jamie McGeever @ReutersJamie

And there it is - the US 2s/10s yield curve inverts for the first time since 2007. This development has preceded every US recession over the past 45 years.


Link to graph
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7025
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And the other shoe that I've been dreading has dropped:

Quote:
Jamie McGeever @ReutersJamie

And there it is - the US 2s/10s yield curve inverts for the first time since 2007. This development has preceded every US recession over the past 45 years.


Link to graph


Хвала Путину
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 17136
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

Washington Post: Stacey Abrams chooses building a national voter protection program over running for president in 2020

Quote:
Stacey Abrams said Tuesday she decided that rather than joining the crowded field for the Democratic presidential nomination, she could better help her party in next year’s election by “making sure every eligible American who should cast a vote will be able to.”


Quote:
The initiative, called Fair Fight 2020, takes its name from the organization that the Georgia Democrat founded last year after narrowly losing her bid to become the nation’s first black female governor.

The effort, expected to cost between $4 million and $5 million, will target 20 states, most of them battlegrounds in the Midwest and Southeast, and three states with gubernatorial elections this year: Kentucky, Louisiana and Mississippi.


Quote:
“I’m going to use energies and my very, very loud voice to raise the money we need to train [people] across the country in our 20 battleground states to make sure that Donald Trump and the Senate take a hike and we put people in place who know what we need,” Abrams said.

During her speech, she criticized states for enacting strict voter ID laws and for aggressively purging their voter rolls. She noted that Tennessee recently passed a law that makes it harder for churches and other community groups to conduct voter registration drives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 9958

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

It’s hard coming up with a system that will fairly nominate the person the majority don’t want.


Clever. Quotable. A keeper.
_________________
If ever there were a Mount Rushmore of liars, it would be Trump, Trump, Trump, and Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 34887
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
We've certainly become insular. Nary a word regarding the Hong Kong protests.

Chinese people protesting is relatively a non happening. I'm surprised there haven't been more arrests and deaths.


Hardly. They shut down one of the busiest airports in the world causing problems around the globe.

I mean Chinese protests are a rarity.


Yes, but they sure as hell do not go unnoticed when they happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 48418
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
We've certainly become insular. Nary a word regarding the Hong Kong protests.

Chinese people protesting is relatively a non happening. I'm surprised there haven't been more arrests and deaths.


Hardly. They shut down one of the busiest airports in the world causing problems around the globe.

I mean Chinese protests are a rarity.


Yes, but they sure as hell do not go unnoticed when they happen.

True. e.g. Tiananmen Square. I think Xi Jinping will do what ever's necessary to avert another Tiananmen Square.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 4323

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Good news:

Quote:
NYT Politics @nytpolitics

John Hickenlooper is in discussions about ending his presidential bid and entering the race for Colorado's Republican-held Senate seat.


Great! He is very popular in Colorado.

Let's hope a couple more candidates do the same.


Houston Chronicle editors asking Beto to drop out of prez race since he's polling low, and run against Cornyn in the Senate.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Beto-come-home-Texas-needs-you-Editorial-14294396.php
_________________
Whomever smelt it, dealt it.
-Nikola Tesla

Ass cash or grass, Nobody rides for free.
-Mahatma Ghandi

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
-Rick Astley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 10113

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And the other shoe that I've been dreading has dropped:

Quote:
Jamie McGeever @ReutersJamie

And there it is - the US 2s/10s yield curve inverts for the first time since 2007. This development has preceded every US recession over the past 45 years.


Link to graph


Germany, which is Europe's largest economy, is on the verge of a recession, or could be in a recession already.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1671, 1672, 1673  Next
Page 1660 of 1673
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB