Who is the third most important player on the team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the third most important player on the team?
Danny Green
32%
 32%  [ 21 ]
Kyle Kuzma
32%
 32%  [ 21 ]
DeMarcus Cousins
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Javale McGee
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Avery Bradley
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Quinn Cook
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rajon Rondo
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kentavius Caldwell Pope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jared Dudley
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 64

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

No love for McGoat? He's gonna be a beast in the middle if teams ignore him and focus on Bron and AD.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Wtf is the deal with all of these polls?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I like this poll.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
LOL @ whoever voted for Dudley...

I guess the argument for him is similar to the argument for Green. Defense and threes. Unless the vote was a joke. Or maybe someone accidentally clicked on the wrong option lol.

All I heard was he was a trash defender in the past so I’m surprised people say he can defend.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No love for McGoat? He's gonna be a beast in the middle if teams ignore him and focus on Bron and AD.

With Cousins now gone, there might be a case for McGee since he's the only center on the roster...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Welp it sure as (bleep) isn't Cousins anymore.

Sucks to have that clarified by injury though.

Javale for sure until we can find a suitable backup. AD hates playing center and I'd just as soon he return next year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

AD? Paul, Lebron, AD.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma.

Have to build the team around AD, Lebron, Kuzma and Danny Green. 5th player can be match up dependent and how well they are playing.

But that is the core of this team, IMO. AD gives you a post presence, a 20-25 points a night big man that can play like a guard from outside. Lebron is your defacto PG power guard who draws defensive attention. Danny Green is your go to catch and shoot player who makes defenses pay for leaving him open. Probably our 5th guy has to be a shooter that can defend the guard spot. Caruso, Cook, Bradley. One of those guys although only Caruso and Bradley have shown defensive ability.

So to me that leaves Kuzma as the third guy. He can do a bit of everything. Push the ball after a rebound. Slash to the basket. Cut off the ball. Spot up the 3 (if he's been working on a new shot, hopefully a better shooter, but so long as he's not a liability as a 3 point shooter it's ok). He's got to play the Lamar Odom type of role on offense and then be supremely energetic on D.

Defense: AD/Lebron/Kuzma/Green/Bradley or Caruso
Offense: AD/Green/Bradley or Caruso/Kuzma/Lebron

Lebron/Kuzma top 2 shot creators as a ballhandler, Green and another wing as a spot up shooter mainly. AD the man in the middle. Offense should be simple. 2 floor spacers with Green/Caruso. Kumza and Lebron as the 2 guards who create (but will be predominantly Lebron). AD up high at the top of the arc, setting picks and going to work finding his spots. AD at the 5 gives us great floor spacing.

I love this team's ability to win right away with what they have to work with. There's a reason Vegas is picking us to win. We have legit championship level talent, even if it will be difficult to get so many new players with a non-elite coach to get it all on the same page within year 1.

I think AD should simply man up (hi Byron) and see the light with the Cousins injury that he should be playing the 5. He's not going to win a championship in this era of ball playing with a low post big man that is an average role player like McGee. He is far better served if he plays the most of his minutes with the most talent, and that is Kuzma and Lebron up front with him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Other, Dwight Howard...

LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Kyle Kuzma.

Have to build the team around AD, Lebron, Kuzma and Danny Green. 5th player can be match up dependent and how well they are playing.

But that is the core of this team, IMO. AD gives you a post presence, a 20-25 points a night big man that can play like a guard from outside. Lebron is your defacto PG power guard who draws defensive attention. Danny Green is your go to catch and shoot player who makes defenses pay for leaving him open. Probably our 5th guy has to be a shooter that can defend the guard spot. Caruso, Cook, Bradley. One of those guys although only Caruso and Bradley have shown defensive ability.

So to me that leaves Kuzma as the third guy. He can do a bit of everything. Push the ball after a rebound. Slash to the basket. Cut off the ball. Spot up the 3 (if he's been working on a new shot, hopefully a better shooter, but so long as he's not a liability as a 3 point shooter it's ok). He's got to play the Lamar Odom type of role on offense and then be supremely energetic on D.

Defense: AD/Lebron/Kuzma/Green/Bradley or Caruso
Offense: AD/Green/Bradley or Caruso/Kuzma/Lebron

Lebron/Kuzma top 2 shot creators as a ballhandler, Green and another wing as a spot up shooter mainly. AD the man in the middle. Offense should be simple. 2 floor spacers with Green/Caruso. Kumza and Lebron as the 2 guards who create (but will be predominantly Lebron). AD up high at the top of the arc, setting picks and going to work finding his spots. AD at the 5 gives us great floor spacing.

I love this team's ability to win right away with what they have to work with. There's a reason Vegas is picking us to win. We have legit championship level talent, even if it will be difficult to get so many new players with a non-elite coach to get it all on the same page within year 1.

I think AD should simply man up (hi Byron) and see the light with the Cousins injury that he should be playing the 5. He's not going to win a championship in this era of ball playing with a low post big man that is an average role player like McGee. He is far better served if he plays the most of his minutes with the most talent, and that is Kuzma and Lebron up front with him.

Yup. If Kuzma balls out then this team wakes up feeling dangerous
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Iggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Might soon be time to do this poll all over again and replace Cousins with Dwight.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

Danny Green
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

It's weird to say for a bench player, but I think Kuzma.
If he's legit, this will allow him to close games with AD at the 5.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I voted McGee a third most critical player because we have no replacement for him at all. LeBron has to face the basket, so does Kuzma. AD insists on facing the hoop. Gonna have to rely on luck to preserve health of JM, just to make it through the season at all. Not a pretty picture when a team carries such a risk, the single point of failure.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I like this poll.

Steve likes the pole.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: