OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3735, 3736, 3737 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Harden is an absolute beast. I don't think Houston has what it takes, but he's legit all time great offensively, right up there with anyone.

People would take him more seriously if he didn't have more FTs than FGs, it's not a style of play that wins finals.

When the Clippers took on GSW last year Beverley was all over Durant because he knew he wouldn't get called for as many fouls as in the regular season. Flopping doesn't work in finals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Harden is an absolute beast. I don't think Houston has what it takes, but he's legit all time great offensively, right up there with anyone.

He is. But aesthetically people don’t like him bc of his flopping and foul hunting.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Not fair to compare this kind of basketball to years past

Carrying
Traveling
Flopping
Perimeter defense is almost not Allowed
3 point chucking is encouraged
Much faster pace
Load management both in game and nights off

The stats are inflated and the rules favor scoring. Compare them to each other fine... But don't compare them to guys in the past. Harden is a great case study on how to lose a lot when it matters most. Now if you care only about stats then yes he's great.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

He is. But aesthetically people don’t like him bc of his flopping and foul hunting.

I hate Harden’s game. Get’s away with murder. Refs buy into his flopping all the time. Not a fan.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Not fair to compare this kind of basketball to years past

Carrying
Traveling
Flopping
Perimeter defense is almost not Allowed
3 point chucking is encouraged
Much faster pace
Load management both in game and nights off

The stats are inflated and the rules favor scoring. Compare them to each other fine... But don't compare them to guys in the past. Harden is a great case study on how to lose a lot when it matters most. Now if you care only about stats then yes he's great.

Remember the Mike Fratello Cavaliers with Terrell Brandon? Basketball is so much better now.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I keep looking at this Houston team scoring 100+ points through 3 quarters with ease. And I keep thinking, "how is MDA gonna screw this up come playoff time?"

Seems un-screwupable. But MDA will find a way. I think they'll have the best regular season record in the West though. Maybe the league.

I definitely think MDA could have done some things differently the last two seasons, but I won’t say he screwed up by losing to a historically great team that went 8-1 vs LeBron in their last two Finals.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

It's been the Rockets MO to be just short of great at their best. Thankfully for them Jordan took a timely baseball hiatus.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
It's been the Rockets MO to be just short of great at their best. Thankfully for them Jordan took a timely baseball hiatus.

The rockets owned the Bulls at that time. I still think they could have beat the Bulls. Too hard to go 4 straight. Maybe they only get one,.. but I don’t think anyone was going to stop the Dream.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Memphis Grizzlies are waiving forward Ivan Rabb and center Miles Plumlee, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Max for Pascal

Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam has agreed to a four-year, max contract extension, agents @TRamasar and @choufani_lsme tells Zach Lowe and me.

Four year, $130M deal with no player or team options.

Last edited by ocho on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I hate Harden’s game. Get’s away with murder. Refs buy into his flopping all the time. Not a fan.

Same. But I'm slowly starting to appreciate him for what he is. I think my issue is when people lump him together with true winners like MJ, Kobe etc. I've started viewing him through the lens of a Jamal Crawford type of player, one of those guys with a streetball game that you know will never win but is impressive and fun in its own right.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Agree
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Max for Pascal

Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam has agreed to a four-year, max contract extension, agents @TRamasar and @choufani_lsme tells Zach Lowe and me.

I like Siakam but after being good for 1 season = 4 years at 32.5M/year? That's pretty crazy
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Memphis Grizzlies are waiving forward Ivan Rabb and center Miles Plumlee, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

All but confirms Iggy starts the season on the roster, right? I actually think it helps LA if it takes until after 12/15 for Iggy to move. We have several pieces that could be consolidated in trade for someone useful while opening up a roster spot.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Agree

I remember Kobe was like an anti flopper. He didn’t want it cheap. Guys like Manu and Vlade (defensively) made falling down a play. Guys like CP3 and Harden have taken it to the next level.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Kuz, Caruso, THT & picks for Buddy Hield.

Don't tell me about cap space in 2021 and the Giannis pipe dream. We have Lebron and AD, we're trying to win RIGHT NOW. Buddy is the best 3rd star we can get (he's basically Klay on offense) and would be INCREDIBLE next to Lebron and AD. Give Buddy the max.

AD/Lebron/Green/Hield/Cook

Unguardable.

This is the move.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
ocho wrote:
Max for Pascal

I like Siakam but after being good for 1 season = 4 years at 32.5M/year? That's pretty crazy

Watch the games my dude. Look at his improvement over his first 3 years. He's an all-star this year, guaranteed. He absolutely deserved the max.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Don't tell me about cap space in 2021 and the Giannis pipe dream. We have Lebron and AD, we're trying to win RIGHT NOW. Buddy is the best 3rd star we can get (he's basically Klay on offense) and would be INCREDIBLE next to Lebron and AD. Give Buddy the max.

Unguardable.

This is the move.

I agree in principle, but what picks do the Lakers have left to trade?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Unguardable.

This is the move.

Figure out how to circumvent the Stepien rule with our '20 and '22 1sts.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

He is effective and really unstoppable because he also has a 3 point game to keep everyone honest. Either though he played a different position, Adrian Dantley was also a beast who made a living at the line. Dantley had no 3 point game, but was equally unstoppable and boring.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Unguardable.

This is the move.

Figure out how to circumvent the Stepien rule with our '20 and '22 1sts.

Can't trade the 2022 pick because it's owed to New Orleans. They may be able to circumvent the Stepien rule by trading a conditional 2026 pick that converts to 2027 in the event that the Pelicans choose the Lakers 2025 pick.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

Unguardable.

This is the move.

Kuz, filler, filler, and 2nd round picks (traded away all our 1sts) for Buddy. That's a no brainer on our side. Don't think Kings do it though.
And we do have Green already, so it's not a great fit for us right away.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

2 guys I would be willing to trade Caruso and Daniels for. Caboclo and Josh Jackson.
Looks like Memphis waived 3 people to keep Caboclo. But Jackson is in the D-league. Wonder if we could get our hands on him.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Unguardable.

This is the move.

Kuz, filler, filler, and 2nd round picks (traded away all our 1sts) for Buddy. That's a no brainer on our side. Don't think Kings do it though.
And we do have Green already, so it's not a great fit for us right away.

Green and Buddy fit fine at the 2/3 together. Green guards big wings all the time. That's not an issue. You know what the issue is? Other teams can't guard us. This gives us two ELITE 3pt guys.

Kings do it for a few reasons. First, Buddy is disgruntled. That helps us. Two, they'd have to love Kuz (Shaq loves him and said he'd never trade him). Three, it gives them cap flexibility with Kuz's low cap number. #2 is the key, though.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
2 guys I would be willing to trade Caruso and Daniels for. Caboclo and Josh Jackson.
Looks like Memphis waived 3 people to keep Caboclo. But Jackson is in the D-league. Wonder if we could get our hands on him.

Jackson is one of the worst players in the NBA. Wait a little bit and the South Bay Lakers can probably pick him up for Demetrius Jackson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3735, 3736, 3737 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3736 of 8560
Jump to: