THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1780, 1781, 1782 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Trumpanzee LOL LOL
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hillary Clinton appears to suggest Russians are 'grooming' Tulsi Gabbard for third-party run

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton said Friday the Russians are currently "grooming" a Democrat running in the presidential primary to run as a third-party candidate and champion their interests.

The comment appears to be directed at Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who has been accused of being cozy with Russia in the past.

"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe. "She's the favorite of the Russians."

Clinton never names Gabbard, but there are only five women running for President -- Gabbard, California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and author Marianne Williamson -- and none of the other woman have been accused of being boosted by Russia.

"They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far," Clinton said.

Gabbard and her spokespeople did not respond to questions from CNN.

"If the nesting doll fits," Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said when asked if the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard.

I always knew Hilary was a McCarthyist!!

ok, ok.

Hillary has lost all sense of reality. At least we have one war monger sitting out

Whenever Hillary's detractors try to riff on her like this they only ever seem to further affirm her legitimacy as a statesperson.

It’s impossible for anyone to affirm or resurrect her legitimacy after what she did to it with her own past actions.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Hillary Clinton appears to suggest Russians are 'grooming' Tulsi Gabbard for third-party run

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton said Friday the Russians are currently "grooming" a Democrat running in the presidential primary to run as a third-party candidate and champion their interests.

The comment appears to be directed at Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, who has been accused of being cozy with Russia in the past.

"I'm not making any predictions, but I think they've got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate," Clinton said, speaking on a podcast with former Obama adviser David Plouffe. "She's the favorite of the Russians."

Clinton never names Gabbard, but there are only five women running for President -- Gabbard, California Sen. Kamala Harris, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and author Marianne Williamson -- and none of the other woman have been accused of being boosted by Russia.

"They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far," Clinton said.

"If the nesting doll fits," Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said when asked if the former secretary of state was referring to Gabbard.

ok, ok.

Hillary has lost all sense of reality. At least we have one war monger sitting out

Whenever Hillary's detractors try to riff on her like this they only ever seem to further affirm her legitimacy as a statesperson.

It’s impossible for anyone to affirm or resurrect her legitimacy after what she did to it with her own past actions.

Such as?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

ok, ok.

Such as?

You know damn well.....

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/895853001

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/87582276

https://armenianweekly.com/2016/10/12/hillary-clintons-flip-floppery-on-genocide/

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

ok, ok.

Such as?

You know damn well.....

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

https://armenianweekly.com/2016/10/12/hillary-clintons-flip-floppery-on-genocide/

Holy christ, dude. I clicked on a couple of those links because I had faith that you might have something convincing there, but the first one is USATODAY piece titled "Africans are being sold at Libyan slave markets. Thanks, Hillary Clinton." The second usatoday link is a piece that tries to corroborate a Trump allegation that Hillary essentially created ISIS.

I'm scared of what kind of stupidity is hiding behind that youtube link so I'm not going to bother with it. Yikes.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

ok, ok.

Such as?

You know damn well.....

All super legitimate news sources there, bud Edward R Murrow and Cronkite have nothing on these bastions of the free press.

There is no way in hell you would ever find these news sources offices filled with orangutans who throw darts at a wall covered in news headlines and then then print said headline.
Never never never.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
You know damn well.....

I'm tempted to go article by article and identify how this collection of links argue for both sides of military intervention. Or go into details about the changing allegiances in the region. Or point out how the links are mostly editorials done by disputable authors. Or redirect you to my previous posts about military intervention and articles on Tulsi's inconsistent military stance.

But instead of doing all that. Maybe I can save alot of time by asking. Do you think Gabbard is the best Democratic candidate available? Asking that question is probably alot more productive than the alternative. Especially if you're willing to admit Tulsi is heavily supported by RTNews, Breitbart, Sputnik News, and Fox News. If you don't believe me. Use the search engine on those sites. And notice results/polling numbers proportion.

I don't know your post history. So I don't know if I should give you the benefit of the doubt or not. But I've had productive conversations with other people I've differed in opinion with in this thread like Lalalakeshow.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

Anyone else see Andrew Yang’s Reddit AMA or his 15 hours of taking live questions online. I keep coming back to Yang as the common sense candidate. He has a background in business, is young enough to be computer and internet literate, and appeals to conservatives in ways Warren or Sanders will not despite embracing many of the same progressive policies. From his AMA...

“I'm one of only 2 candidates in the field that 10% or more of Trump voters say they would support in the general which gives me a better chance to beat Trump in the general than just about any other candidate, and I'm beating him in head-to-head matchups by 8 points in swing states. If you're looking to ensure Trump's defeat I'm the best bet or one of the best bets.”

Yang positions progressive policies in terms that conservative voters are more willing to embrace. As someone else posted:

“He sees government funded medicare as something that will give people freedoms: conservative problem solving. It gives the freedom to leave your job or to move because most people are reluctant to leave their insurance. It also gives more power to entrepreneurs if they don't have to insure their workers, it would boost small business and grow the GDP significantly.
It's a theme that runs through most of his policies: a conclusion that fits liberal ideologies, but with reasoning that fits conservative ideologies.”
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Anyone else see Andrew Yang’s Reddit AMA or his 15 hours of taking live questions online. I keep coming back to Yang as the common sense candidate. He has a background in business, is young enough to be computer and internet literate, and appeals to conservatives in ways Warren or Sanders will not despite embracing many of the same progressive policies. From his AMA...

“I'm one of only 2 candidates in the field that 10% or more of Trump voters say they would support in the general which gives me a better chance to beat Trump in the general than just about any other candidate, and I'm beating him in head-to-head matchups by 8 points in swing states. If you're looking to ensure Trump's defeat I'm the best bet or one of the best bets.”

Yang positions progressive policies in terms that conservative voters are more willing to embrace. As someone else posted:

“He sees government funded medicare as something that will give people freedoms: conservative problem solving. It gives the freedom to leave your job or to move because most people are reluctant to leave their insurance. It also gives more power to entrepreneurs if they don't have to insure their workers, it would boost small business and grow the GDP significantly.
It's a theme that runs through most of his policies: a conclusion that fits liberal ideologies, but with reasoning that fits conservative ideologies.”

Not too familiar with his policies beside UBI, What don't you like about him? I was on the Beto train last year but he's not ready at all.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:
https://imgur.com/gallery/i6qkm6W

Brutal. This exodus could be the second worst foreign policy decision in my lifetime

The soldiers who were posted there must be fuming to see that sight.

Winner: US arms manufacturers
Losers: US tax payers, local populations

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/world/american-weapons-yemen-war-intl/index.html

American-made weaponry has fallen into the hands of rival militia groups in Yemen, some of whom have turned their arms against each other in a bitter and worsening conflict, a new CNN investigation has found.

Fresh evidence shows that military hardware that was supplied to US allies has been distributed in contravention of arms deals to militia groups, including UAE-backed separatists. They are now using it to fight the Saudi-supported forces of the internationally recognized government, who are also armed with US weapons.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Not too familiar with his policies beside UBI, What don't you like about him? I was on the Beto train last year but he's not ready at all.

I don’t like that he sometimes acts overly casual for someone running for President, but compared to Trump none of that really matters. His “Big 3 Policies” are the Freedom Dividend, Medicare for All, and Human Centered Capitalism. His site also has detailed policies on many other topics.

One of my favorite things he is for is changing the measurements of success from just GDP Growth, to the following list of metrics to be tracked:

Quality of life and health-adjusted life expectancy
Happiness/Well-Being and Mental Health
Environmental quality
Affordability
Childhood success rates
Underemployment
Income Inequality
Consumer and Student Debt
Work and civic engagement levels
Volunteerism
Infant mortality
Quality of infrastructure
Access to education
Marriage and divorce rates
Substance abuse and related deaths
National optimism
Personal dynamism/economic mobility

His belief is that you can’t manage what you don’t measure, and what you measure determines what you do. Measure the right things and government will start focusing on improving the right things!
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:

Brutal. This exodus could be the second worst foreign policy decision in my lifetime

American-made weaponry has fallen into the hands of rival militia groups in Yemen, some of whom have turned their arms against each other in a bitter and worsening conflict, a new CNN investigation has found.

Fresh evidence shows that military hardware that was supplied to US allies has been distributed in contravention of arms deals to militia groups, including UAE-backed separatists. They are now using it to fight the Saudi-supported forces of the internationally recognized government, who are also armed with US weapons.

What a shock.

In case anyone forgot we fully equipped the Taliban at one point.

There's a relatively obscure crappy comedy from the 80s. Gregory Hines and Chevy Chase. Deal of the century. Then add in a mix of the mediocre at best nic cage flick God of war.

Sprinkle in some Idiocracy and that's where we are.

It's not funny anymore.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:

What a shock.

There's a relatively obscure crappy comedy from the 80s. Gregory Hines and Chevy Chase. Deal of the century. Then add in a mix of the mediocre at best nic cage flick God of war.

It's not funny anymore.

Is it safe to mention our "moderate rebel" friends in Syria? Literally rebranded Al-Qaeda in some cases.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:

What a shock.

It's not funny anymore.

And I just remembered that sigorney Weaver was the female lead in deal of the century.

In case anyone doesn't want to look it up the basic premise was drones being the wave of the future and the main character was trying to sell them to anyone who could pay. He didn't care as long as he got the money.

I know. It's a stupid story. That could never happen.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

I reflexively like him because he's not insane against nuclear energy, and shows bravely on the issue of opioids. I wish I could choose some amalgam of him and Bernie.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

The economic environment of America right now has really shined a light on the merits of UBI. But at the same time, I think he's a victim of the current political environment (created by Trump's criminality and Republican lawmaker's hypocrisy). Dem voters aren't interested in accommodating Republican voters right now, for good reason. If the Dems take back the Presidency for 8 years. He's the type of candidate who I think could win the Presidency in that election cycle.

With all that said, even though he has no chance of winning the Presidency now. He is a TREMENDOUS success story. 18 months ago he was a guy few people knew about preaching about a policy few people were exposed to. Now he's on the debate stage having great conversations with possibly the next President.

I can't think of a single issue candidate who has been more successful than Yang.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

Another great idea from Yang that will never happen: Ranked choice voting. How many people would abandon the two parties or the establishment candidate in a primary if they didn't fear their vote being wasted (why it will never happen).
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

State Dept. Inquiry Into Clinton Emails Finds No Deliberate Mishandling of Classified Information

Yes this is from yesterday and updated today, 10/19/19.

Quote:
The report concluded, “There was no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.”

Quote:
State Department investigators reviewed thousands of pages of documents, sent from 2009 to 2013, when Mrs. Clinton served in the Obama administration. The emails were on subjects that were not considered classified at the time, but that have been or were retroactively marked as classified. Investigators also took statements from hundreds of past and present department officials, and interviewed dozens more, according to the report.

The focus of the investigation, according to the report, was to determine if any of the emails “represented a failure to properly safeguard classified information,” and if so, if any specific individuals could be determined to bear responsibility.

Quote:
For months, @nytimes put stories of Hillary Clinton’s email on its front pages. The final investigative report clearing all of wrongdoing? That is on page 16 today.

Thank you, "the liberal" New York Times.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

ok, ok.

Such as?

You know damn well.....

Holy christ, dude. I clicked on a couple of those links because I had faith that you might have something convincing there, but the first one is USATODAY piece titled "Africans are being sold at Libyan slave markets. Thanks, Hillary Clinton." The second usatoday link is a piece that tries to corroborate a Trump allegation that Hillary essentially created ISIS.

I'm scared of what kind of stupidity is hiding behind thait youtube link so I'm not going to bother with it. Yikes.

This is the problem with a lot of Hillary supporters. They only see what they want to see and ignore the facts that she lead the regime changes in Libya and Syria that created chaos and extremism. Those counties, once prosperous are now hotbeds for extremism. A lot of innocent people have been killed because of her plans. You think the US was in Syria to remove isis? No, they have always been there to finish the regime change in demascus. Your supporting some one who’s ideas and plans have lead to a lot of deaths - Christians and Muslims alike. She is so in bed with the defense industry that she probably couldn’t hold an honesty stance if her life depended on it - ask the Armenians.

I understand though that it’s pointless talking to posters like you. Cause the left is not rational, they’re driven by ideology., resentment of tradition, and anger toward all things from the previous generations.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
You know damn well.....

I'm tempted to go article by article and identify how this collection of links argue for both sides of military intervention. Or go into details about the changing allegiances in the region. Or point out how the links are mostly editorials done by disputable authors. Or redirect you to my previous posts about military intervention and articles on Tulsi's inconsistent military stance.

But instead of doing all that. Maybe I can save alot of time by asking. Do you think Gabbard is the best Democratic candidate available? Asking that question is probably alot more productive than the alternative. Especially if you're willing to admit Tulsi is heavily supported by RTNews, Breitbart, Sputnik News, and Fox News. If you don't believe me. Use the search engine on those sites. And notice results/polling numbers proportion.

I don't know your post history. So I don't know if I should give you the benefit of the doubt or not. But I've had productive conversations with other people I've differed in opinion with in this thread like Lalalakeshow.

Let me ask your a question: what was the point of regime change in Libya and Syria? Was it worth all hose innocent lives?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Your supporting some one who’s ideas and plans have lead to a lot of deaths - Christians and Muslims alike. She is so in bed with the defense industry that she probably couldn’t hold an honesty stance if her life depended on it - ask the Armenians.

I understand though that it’s pointless talking to posters like you. Cause the left is not rational, they’re driven by ideology., resentment of tradition, and anger toward all things from the previous generations.

Quote:
In May 2017, Gabbard announced on her website that she had recently stopped accepting money from several industries, including the defense sector — but by that point, she had already pocketed over $115,000 from arms dealers in just her first four years in Congress.

“Regular contributions from companies including Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, and BAE Systems poured in between 2012 (the year she was first elected) and 2016,” HuffPost reported.

https://arcdigital.media/tulsi-gabbard-is-not-anti-war-660e7d1e4ce1

The fact that you wrote the bolded with Trump running the GOP is pretty telling.

I can accept Hlllary criticisms from the left. But if someone is supporting Trump, championing Gabbard, and saying what you're saying. The hypocrisy is a little overwhelming.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
You know damn well.....

Let me ask your a question: what was the point of regime change in Libya and Syria? Was it worth all hose innocent lives?

There was a genocide in Libya. And Al Assad in Syria committed countless human rights violations. I know it's tough for Trump supporters to accept it. But human rights violations aren't a good thing. That's why what's happening at our border right now is unconscionable. Please answer my question (bolded).

Easy to call out black and white mistakes like the war in Iraq after 9/11. But when the US entered Middle Eastern conflicts under Obama it was a choice between 2 bad options. Allow murder, genocide, human rights violations and do nothing. Or try to help those who are vulnerable and try to build something better. Not perfect, but better than the alternative.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

In Libya, the point was that the people did not want the Gaddafi government.

In Syria, the point was that the people did not want the Bashar al-Assad government.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

In Libya, the point was that the people did not want the Gaddafi government.

In Syria, the point was that the people did not want the Bashar al-Assad government.

Or our allies in the region wanted him gone. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/09/04/kerry_arab_countries_have_offered_to_bear_costs_for_a_us_invasion_to_topple_assad_.html
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

ok, ok.

Such as?

You know damn well.....

I'm scared of what kind of stupidity is hiding behind thait youtube link so I'm not going to bother with it. Yikes.

This is the problem with a lot of Hillary supporters. They only see what they want to see and ignore the facts that she lead the regime changes in Libya and Syria that created chaos and extremism. Those counties, once prosperous are now hotbeds for extremism. A lot of innocent people have been killed because of her plans. You think the US was in Syria to remove isis? No, they have always been there to finish the regime change in demascus. Your supporting some one who’s ideas and plans have lead to a lot of deaths - Christians and Muslims alike. She is so in bed with the defense industry that she probably couldn’t hold an honesty stance if her life depended on it - ask the Armenians.

Hillary. was. not. president.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1780, 1781, 1782 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1781 of 3671
Jump to: