The Chickening
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

The Chickening turned Chick-fil-A gay
https://www.theroot.com/chick-fil-a-ends-its-bigoted-donations-to-anti-lgbtq-or-1839930449

Quote:

Business Insider reports that after facing years of criticism and negative publicity, chicken sandwich OG Chick-fil-A announced Monday that it would no longer be making charitable donations to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army—two organizations with decidedly anti-LGBTQ stances. The company said in a press release that it would “deepen its giving to a smaller number of organizations working exclusively in the areas of education, homelessness and hunger.”

A company representative said in a statement to Business Insider, “We made multiyear commitments to both organizations, and we fulfilled those obligations in 2018. Moving forward you will see that the Chick-fil-A Foundation will support the three specific initiatives of homelessness, hunger and education.”
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

I havent been in a KFC in forever... do they still have ones with the bullet proof glass?

Oh, yeah. There's one on Hawthorne Blvd. near where I work that has it.

This is from a 5 star Yelp review.

Quote:
I wont knock off another star cause I have to shout and put my head sideways in the slit of the two inch thick bullet proof glass. You can tell good fried food places by how thick the bullet proof glass is.

Popeye's has them too though.

PIC
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

about 12 years ago I went to LA and stayed at the Westin on Sepulveda? Just down from LAX.. There was a Taco Bell across the street on a little sliver of property. Bars on all the apartment windows behind it..

So, I just wanted to see what was up.. went there and it was a bulletproof drive thru.. tripped out this bumpkin

Then I needed to withdraw cash on Sunday and I had US Bank.. So, I looked for the closest US Bank and it was in a Vons about 8 miles east of the airport area... Mini branch 8 inch thick bulletproof glass and the only white people in the store were me, the teller behind the glass and some 80 year old man.. country boy shock..
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

It's a different chickening but Tomagachi live

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/asia/indonesia-chickens-smartphones-intl-hnk-scli/index.html
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I havent been in a KFC in forever... do they still have ones with the bullet proof glass?

Oh, yeah. There's one on Hawthorne Blvd. near where I work that has it.

This is from a 5 star Yelp review.

Quote:
I wont knock off another star cause I have to shout and put my head sideways in the slit of the two inch thick bullet proof glass. You can tell good fried food places by how thick the bullet proof glass is.

Popeye's has them too though.

PIC

that is funny...I have never seen bulletproof glass at a fast food place
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

finally tried it. Was very good but it has the same pet peeve that a surprisingly large amount of chicken sandwich joints have... the lack of options. I want the option to load up my sandwich up with all the fixins if Im in the mood... cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
finally tried it. Was very good but it has the same pet peeve that a surprisingly large amount of chicken sandwich joints have... the lack of options. I want the option to load up my sandwich up with all the fixins if Im in the mood... cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, etc

I think their response is basically they are not a sandwich joint and it is not cost efficient for them to stock a full line of toppings when they only have one sandwich. In contrast Burger joints like Wendy's can offer all these toppings because they are required for the burgers.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.theroot.com/chick-fil-a-ends-its-bigoted-donations-to-anti-lgbtq-or-1839930449

Quote:

Business Insider reports that after facing years of criticism and negative publicity, chicken sandwich OG Chick-fil-A announced Monday that it would no longer be making charitable donations to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army—two organizations with decidedly anti-LGBTQ stances. The company said in a press release that it would “deepen its giving to a smaller number of organizations working exclusively in the areas of education, homelessness and hunger.”

A company representative said in a statement to Business Insider, “We made multiyear commitments to both organizations, and we fulfilled those obligations in 2018. Moving forward you will see that the Chick-fil-A Foundation will support the three specific initiatives of homelessness, hunger and education.”

This is good news. I am happy to hear it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Quote:

This is good news. I am happy to hear it.

wait, so Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army are bad?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't go so far as to call either of them bad but I would say that FoCA having their members sign a statement that bans homosexual activity is problematic. Based on the quick research I've done on SA it appears they may be the victim of misinformation and misguided hate.

The reason I see this as a win is that a company (CFA) realized that supporting companies that are bigoted is not a good idea. And while this is probably more profit driven than moral driven it is still a move in the right direction - tolerance.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: