What happened to Kuz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
The great Michael Jordon once said the reason why he cut his hair and went bald was that he was in the gym sweating so much, it was easier for him to shower afterwards and not worry about combing his hair.

Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.

This is the kind of abject stupidity that fans live for. So easy to play this game when you don't have others reading that much into your every decision and drawing absurd conclusions like that about your own life. Stop it.

Yeah, the whole hair thing is a bit hyperbolic since there has been endless great players through all sports that "cared about there hair styles" these guys are celebrities and constantly in the public eye. It's not fair to compare a late second round pick to Jordan especially haha.

I'm tired of piling on Kuz at this point and most of my disappointment has come from the mental side of things more then anything else. He looks absolutely lost many times and makes poor decisions on both ends way too often for being a main rotation player on a contender imo. I hope he can turn things around but it's way more then just making some adjustments at this point.

I think things would be a lot different for him if he had been able to start the season healthy. He started from behind and had to be plugged in. It's tough to do that when it's a whole new team, new coaching staff, schemes, etc. Everything is different from last year. He didn't even have a training camp. That's tough. But he's a terrific player and we haven't even reached Christmas yet. He'll settle in before long and things will slow down for him. I'm very sure of that. He's going to benefit from all of the veteran leadership he has (remember Dudley is his guy) and Vogel and Handy. Kuz is going to be just fine.

I stand by my assessment. There's not one of the elite NBA players that has fancy hairdoes. Not now, not in the past. At most, you get cornrolls, which are not fancy. Not Kobe, Not Kev Durant, Not Steph Curry, Not Lebron, AD, PG, KL, Not Jordan, Not Larry Bird, Not Kareem. None of them. The best athletes are dedicated to their craft, not to getting their hair and nails done.

But your assessment is wrong. Why stand by an incorrect assessment?

What about my assessment is wrong. An assessment is a personal anaylsis of something. Hard to prove those wrong.lol

Because people with actual connections to the players have said he is the hardest working player on the team currently. They didn’t say he works hard, they literally said he is the hardest worker. Now I suppose it is possible that none of the Lakers work hard at all and he just works the hardest by default. Is that your assessment?

So your assessment about his work ethic is incorrect.

I get you don’t like hairdos, but the connection to work ethic is false. Of course, you can gripe about the hairdo haha. I even share that one.

He may be a hard worker, but honestly, that doesn't weight much with me since everybody is a hard worker. Everybody I hear is the first in, and last out. It's becoming cliche.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
The great Michael Jordon once said the reason why he cut his hair and went bald was that he was in the gym sweating so much, it was easier for him to shower afterwards and not worry about combing his hair.

Kuzma comes out with his feminine hairdos every other game, which certainly requires quite a bit of time and effort to look nice and sparkling. This makes me question his dedication to the work ethic and gym time required to being great, versus spending hours in the beauty salon.

This is the kind of abject stupidity that fans live for. So easy to play this game when you don't have others reading that much into your every decision and drawing absurd conclusions like that about your own life. Stop it.

Yeah, the whole hair thing is a bit hyperbolic since there has been endless great players through all sports that "cared about there hair styles" these guys are celebrities and constantly in the public eye. It's not fair to compare a late second round pick to Jordan especially haha.

I'm tired of piling on Kuz at this point and most of my disappointment has come from the mental side of things more then anything else. He looks absolutely lost many times and makes poor decisions on both ends way too often for being a main rotation player on a contender imo. I hope he can turn things around but it's way more then just making some adjustments at this point.

I think things would be a lot different for him if he had been able to start the season healthy. He started from behind and had to be plugged in. It's tough to do that when it's a whole new team, new coaching staff, schemes, etc. Everything is different from last year. He didn't even have a training camp. That's tough. But he's a terrific player and we haven't even reached Christmas yet. He'll settle in before long and things will slow down for him. I'm very sure of that. He's going to benefit from all of the veteran leadership he has (remember Dudley is his guy) and Vogel and Handy. Kuz is going to be just fine.

I stand by my assessment. There's not one of the elite NBA players that has fancy hairdoes. Not now, not in the past. At most, you get cornrolls, which are not fancy. Not Kobe, Not Kev Durant, Not Steph Curry, Not Lebron, AD, PG, KL, Not Jordan, Not Larry Bird, Not Kareem. None of them. The best athletes are dedicated to their craft, not to getting their hair and nails done.

The gauntlet is thrown. If you hope to make the stupidest post of the year, there is a high bar. A very high bar.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
He may be a hard worker, but honestly, that doesn't weight much with me since everybody is a hard worker. Everybody I hear is the first in, and last out. It's becoming cliche.

Doesn’t have to weight much with you, I’m cool with that. I’m generally more of a process over results person, but, if you said you didn’t care if a player worked hard, I don’t see an issue with it.

But the OP said his assessment was that Kuz doesn’t work hard. And that simply isn’t true, and according to people with direct access to the Lakers, he is not only hard working but the hardest working.

Therefore, the assessment that Kuz doesn’t work very hard is incorrect. Now maybe he works hard but just isn’t any good. Or maybe he is hurt. But that is neither here nor there.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Doesn’t have to weight much with you, I’m cool with that. I’m generally more of a process over results person, but, if you said you didn’t care if a player worked hard, I don’t see an issue with it.

But the OP said his assessment was that Kuz doesn’t work hard. And that simply isn’t true, and according to people with direct access to the Lakers, he is not only hard working but the hardest working.

Therefore, the assessment that Kuz doesn’t work very hard is incorrect. Now maybe he works hard but just isn’t any good. Or maybe he is hurt. But that is neither here nor there.

And his hair??
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

And his hair??

Not my cup of tea. I’d just keep it short and tight. Lol.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

The gauntlet is thrown. If you hope to make the stupidest post of the year, there is a high bar. A very high bar.

Can't disagree with that.. Wow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Therefore, the assessment that Kuz doesn’t work very hard is incorrect. Now maybe he works hard but just isn’t any good. Or maybe he is hurt. But that is neither hair nor there.

Fixed it for you

(jk)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
activeverb wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

Can't disagree with that.. Wow

Wow. Lol.

And what is a cornroll? Is that like a roll but made from cornbread?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

He’s is not shooting well the past 2 games. His role right now is to shoot when open and move the ball when he’s not. That’s a role player and role players will struggle at times. Whether he blossom to be something more, time will tell. I believe in Kuz. He need to be involved more if he’s shot is not falling. Right now he’s not. Have not seen a game that it feels like he’s everywhere.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

BI would be struggling next to Lebron and AD as well. Kuz is neither Bosh or Love, but they struggle in the beginning as well.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

And his hair??

Not my cup of tea. I’d just keep it short and tight. Lol.

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

Ridiculous.

Troy makes a solid point.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
Melo looking pretty good right now compared to Kuz.

Melo is not looking to come off the bench. I think one of the reason it took long for a team to sign him.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
Judah wrote:
hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

Ridiculous.

Troy makes a solid point.

Kobe had a fro! If you have ever had one...you know how much maintenance that is...
Steph has gone from short to twists...
Lebron had hair surgery to get that hairline straight
Kev Durant NEEDS to care more about his hair
AI always had the fresh braids!
Jordan had a clean bald head....Can you imagine how many times he had to have it shaved...thats no small feat
KL has braids...has always had braids...Cornrows...not rolls
Dennis rodman and anthony mason always had designs/colors in their hair
Jason Kidd went through a blonde phase
David Robinson had a signature flattop

These are all young men who are trying to figure out their identity. I want them to ball too...but when you reduce people to less than their humanity...you make the world a little worse place to be in.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:

Kobe had a fro! If you have ever had one...you know how much maintenance that is...
Steph has gone from short to twists...
Lebron had hair surgery to get that hairline straight
Kev Durant NEEDS to care more about his hair
AI always had the fresh braids!
Jordan had a clean bald head....Can you imagine how many times he had to have it shaved...thats no small feat
KL has braids...has always had braids...Cornrows...not rolls
Dennis rodman and anthony mason always had designs/colors in their hair
Jason Kidd went through a blonde phase
David Robinson had a signature flattop

These are all young men who are trying to figure out their identity. I want them to ball too...but when you reduce people to less than their humanity...you make the world a little worse place to be in.

YO!!! Dominique HHF Wilkins got the signature flattop
Bird Mullet
Nash farmer long hair
J.Lin braids
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Working hard with zero results is fools gold and a worthless sentinment, if not a copout. I can say I work hard to be as rich as Bill Gates, but guess what...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Working hard with zero results is fools gold and a worthless sentinment, if not a copout. I can say I work hard to be as rich as Bill Gates, but guess what...

Well, I definitely don’t agree with that but that is still irrelevant to the point that you said your assessment was that he was NOT working hard. That is incorrect. He is working harder than any other Laker so the guess that he wasn’t working hard at all is grossly incorrect.

Had you said that your assessment was that his obsession with his hairdo is why his hard work isn’t translating into results, well, I wouldn’t agree but I would also say that that hasn’t been proven to be untrue.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately with Kuzma's 3 ball going back to his career averages of 33.3% at this point in time it looks like his 3 ball is back to the mean, and that is unfortunate as we needed him to have his 3 ball up.

I am sure it will be up and down all year, at times great, at others not so much. But what we have in an inconsistent shooter and player, same like we had the last few years.

I like that he is trying on D and trying to do what coaches ask of him. It is clear he is not a natural fit in this role. What the Lakers need is a an athletic forward who can 3nD. Kuzma is an athletic forward, but 3nD were never his strengths. Which is what we are looking for.

It is why I find the Rondo stuff a bit weird, Kuzma is having as bad (if not worse) season than Rondo, and most of the criticism goes to Rondo. Our bench outside of Dwight and Caruso is weak and inconsistent so far. We need a consistent bench. #1 hole is that we do not have enough shot makers on the bench.

Frank needs to find a way to get some more 2nd unit lineups with shot makers. Maybe take Danny Green out earlier and bring him back with the 2nd unit. Maybe utilize Howard as a scoring threat. I know we didn't want Howard to lose his focus, but Howard is an elite finisher around the basket and has shown some good post moves this year. We need to use him more on O. Whatever we do, we need some consistent shot making off the bench by playoffs. Troy Daniels has also been off. Weird.

If Pelinka can find another 3nD player, I'm all for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Some of Kuzma's numbers are down right scary bad.

BPM Kuzma -5.4 vs -1.7 last year
O rating Kuzma 97 vs 106 last year

He is not doing what we were hoping, and my observation is that he is not comfortable being a 3nD forward off the bench, and that is what we need, It may take him an entire year until he gets consistent in this role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

He is not doing what we were hoping, and my observation is that he is not comfortable being a 3nD forward off the bench, and that is what we need, It may take him an entire year until he gets consistent in this role.

The closer he gets to being extension eligible, the more perilous his Lakers tenure will be.

Remember, only Jordan Clarkson out of our nearly dozen plus YUTES got an extension. That's it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

You really struggle with thinking in a straight line. Seriously.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Judah wrote:
troy wrote:

Kuz has been playing so poorly he’s now a second round draft pick.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

You really struggle with thinking in a straight line. Seriously.

Life is too dynamic for linear analysis. It is what lurks within the shadowy perimeters of our consciousness that is worthy of consideration.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

Another draft pick not gonna be resigned. Excellent scouting by our scouting department. Don't want to be mean but does any of the Buss siblings do anything well? I'm so glad we're not gonna rely on our draft picks for the foreseeable future. It's all FA signings for now.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

We don’t have another year to wait for him, nor is he worth waiting another year for. FO has to figure out how to trade him before the deadline. Turning cook and mo evans into ariza and then vlad rad into brown were huge moves. If only we could get our hands on a player like them...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: