*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (12/22/19) Gm#30 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
They are certainly capable of winning against anyone with AD as the lone super star, tonight was just the outlier. It was the first time without LBJ, AD looked too timid at times. Trust me, a comfortable and relaxed AD sans LBJ still makes this team quite formidable.

Yeah I thought AD looked fine and was playing well until he tweaked his knee. We need a health streak.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Ok, so without panicking here, how can the Lakers improve? Obviously can’t make any big deals, what kind of things would folks do here?

Beg Wade to come out of retirement as an example...lol

1. Get a Pg any pointguard not named Rondo..Seriously anyone anything whatever as long as they ar alright on offense.

2. Superstars..healthy i dont care if we load manage bigger picture is the playoffs. You think Clippers care about losing here and there as long as Kawhi is healthy? We go as far as superstars take us.

3. Never play Rondo again and bench Mcgee. I'd seriously examine Howard at starting center. Better screens-better rebounder and defender. Play Caruso and THT a lot more. Look at the Raptors and what they are doing to get production from all their guys. They give chances to players wanting to prove something. Ronbum has nothing to prove he feels. THT,Caruso have that hunger we need to instill confidence in them. Look at all that quality productions Raptors get from their players. We can do the same if Vogel has the balls to bench Rondo.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Personally if lbj is out id rather they slot kuz as a starter to help out on offense. Caruso can also be slotted in as a guard to help with setting the offense and d.

Lakers healthy starting lineup with lbj creates issues for opponents but just slotting in rondo for lbj i think trends toward the opposite direction😐
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

A four game losing streak is on the horizon...marvelous!
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

its Jordan Farmars fault
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
its Jordan Farmars fault

€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Iggy. You trade KCP for Iggy. Oh yeah... no trade... brilliant.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
They are certainly capable of winning against anyone with AD as the lone super star, tonight was just the outlier...

The supporting cast isn't very good. Lebron and AD are carrying the team. Getting blown out at home by 24 when the Nuggets two best players had subpar games is evidence that the roster needs additional upgrades to win a championship.

dcastillo wrote:
Will be fine. Just have LeBron and AD healthy come playoff time and will be good to go. Even with this loss we still have a great record. This team will be a beast once playoffs start

Assuming everyone is healthy, including Kawhi, this team as constructed is capable of beating everyone except the Bucks and Clippers. If Kawhi is playing but not 100% they have a shot to beat the Clippers depending on how impaired he is. Hopefully a couple talented players get bought out that fulfill a need. Iggy for one. But they also need another scorer. That could be Kuzma if he can get back to where he was last year. Right now he's not even close.

TMG wrote:

3. Never play Rondo again...

That's easier said than done. If Rondo is benched he's probably going to be a detriment to team chemistry. If you bench him you might as well just cut him.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

Result was expected but still disappointing to watch.

Worst part for me is I live in Denver and will be forced to listen to the insufferable local sports radio analysts rehashing the “big win” over the hated Lakers while driving around all day.

May need to be a music day.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
They are certainly capable of winning against anyone with AD as the lone super star, tonight was just the outlier. It was the first time without LBJ, AD looked too timid at times. Trust me, a comfortable and relaxed AD sans LBJ still makes this team quite formidable.

On occasion they could but AD’s history says otherwise
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I dont think this team is very good when you take Lebron away for the simple fact we have nobody but Rondo that is capable of consistently being a ball handler and Rondo is far from consistent to say the least.

This is what happens when you gut pretty much the entire roster for two super stars. We wont win against many elite teams with one of the two main guys out because every other player on the roster is not consistent at being scoring options at least.

With both guys in there we are absolutely capable of beating any team in the regular season and playoffs though including the Bucks and Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27
Jump to: