The Mandalorian
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Filoni and waititi should have made episodes 7-9. They are the only ones who read legends and try to bring most of those story lines over to cannon. Clone wars materials were all from Lucas and legends the same with rebels and now we see this in the mandalorian

George Lucas is the only one that should be doing Star Wars movies. Story writer or Director. It's fan-fiction without him. Suddenly force users can do things they have never done before, there is no creativity in the plots, no originality, no sense. Contradictory.

It's George Lucas or it's fan-fiction.

Mandalorian is good for what it is, a small scale TV show with a relatively grounded plot. Doesn't try to add anything new(except that force healing power which absolutely must be explained).

With a big screen budget and a set of Disney directives, we would have gotten more of the same regardless of the director.

ReY SkYwAlKeR
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

s2 releases oct 30

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Can’t wait for season 2.
csf80
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Excited for live action Ahsoka. From the trailer it looks like they are bringing Sabine in as well. This is the way.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

why isn't anyone talking about this!!!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

Is it only one episode per week?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

The first episode of season 2 was ok. It's always fun to see Timothy Olyphant. But it sure seemed awfully similar to that episode last season where Mando protected the village from the Imperial walker. I felt a bit disappointed that they're already recycling plots, especially from an episode that I considered probably the worst of the first season. Still, I'm confident things will pick up in the episodes to come.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject:

I loved the episode. Some details I didn’t initially pick up on/realize the significance are that the Tusken’s sign language was added in after it was suggested and developed by one of the crew who is deaf — very cool to see that representation. Another cool bit was how Mando reminded all the colonizers that the TR’s were there first, before the villagers. So it really showed that it was a matter of perspective as to who was the danger to whom.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I loved the episode. Some details I didn’t initially pick up on/realize the significance are that the Tusken’s sign language was added in after it was suggested and developed by one of the crew who is deaf — very cool to see that representation. Another cool bit was how Mando reminded all the colonizers that the TR’s were there first, before the villagers. So it really showed that it was a matter of perspective as to who was the danger to whom.

When the election is over I'm going to bing on The Mandalorian. I tried watching it twice today. I couldn't concentrate.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The first episode of season 2 was ok. It's always fun to see Timothy Olyphant. But it sure seemed awfully similar to that episode last season where Mando protected the village from the Imperial walker. I felt a bit disappointed that they're already recycling plots, especially from an episode that I considered probably the worst of the first season. Still, I'm confident things will pick up in the episodes to come.

It wasn't a game changer for sure, but I still thought it was very enjoyable

The episode basically just set the table for the return of

SPOILER
Boba Fett
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

I found s2e1 a regression to the disney channel filler stuff.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Seeing as how this season will be about searching for <spoiler> there's not a lot you can do except look in a spot, solve a problem and move on unless you want the story to be a success at the first place he goes which is a very short season.

The child is already 50 years old, so we know it's not going to be a coming of age story spanning 2 or 3 centuries. The whole arc of the series will mostly be protect + search for a family situation. The "good" episodes will be fleshing out the Mandalorian legend as much as they can but that gets boring pretty quick if you over do it.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

This second episode
Lots of funny moments
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Loved Olyphant in "Justified" and I thought they were trying to channel that feeling in S2E1.

Curious as to the closing scene with the unmasked Tuskan Raider - I sense there's a hidden meaning . . .
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Bol wrote:

Loved Olyphant in "Justified" and I thought they were trying to channel that feeling in S2E1.

Curious as to the closing scene with the unmasked Tuskan Raider - I sense there's a hidden meaning . . .

It's not a tusken raider. It's someone who last appeared in Return of the Jedi
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Boba Fett survived the Sarlaac. Wth
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

The Mandalorian imaged Chris, his sidekick Vin imaged by Carasynthia Dune.

I'm liking it so far.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm binging on The Mandalorian. I finished S1 E4 yesterday. It was Magnificant 7 1960 like.

Mauraders taking food from villagers who didn't know how to defend themselves. They hired the Mandalorian and his sidekick who taught them how to fight and set traps for the beast.

I'm liking it so far.

Last half of the first season is great.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

1st season 4 f the 8 episodes were pretty good.

Hopefully, this season picks up.

danzag wrote:
It's not a tusken raider. It's someone who last appeared in Return of the Jedi

Boba Fett? Why is he not with a covert?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm liking it so far.

I finished Season I and chapter 1 & 2 Season II. When does the next episode air?

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm liking it so far.

I finished Season I and chapter 1 & 2 Season II. When does the next episode air?

They release every Friday (Thursday at midnight).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm liking it so far.

They release every Friday (Thursday at midnight).

Has S2 E3 aired?

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

^ Not yet. It’ll air later this week
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Is it next Friday?

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Is it next Friday?

Yeah, episode 3 will come out on the 13th, it will run for 5 more weeks after that — season finale will be 12/18 (episode 8).

Looks like Carl Weathers is directing episode 4; it’s cool how many different, and new, directors they’re using.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to: