OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it's a Kuz conundrum.

My suspicion is that Kuz ultimately wants out of the Lakers b/c he will never be a starter with LBJ/AD there, which will directly affect his bottom line (extension eligible this summer, RFA next summer).

I'm not sure what that should mean trade-wise, but yeah, seems Kuz will never be happy with his bench role.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

My suspicion is that Kuz ultimately wants out of the Lakers b/c he will never be a starter with LBJ/AD there, which will directly affect his bottom line (extension eligible this summer, RFA next summer).

I'm not sure what that should mean trade-wise, but yeah, seems Kuz will never be happy with his bench role.

I think so, too. He's looking to get paid with his next deal, since his current one is peanuts compared to almost all of his peers.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Checkout tonight’s Inside the Green Room, Danny and KCP talk about how they love and support Kuzma and they want him as a teammate and basically talk about how great chemistry is with this Lakers team.

Yeah, Kuz seems to be really well liked in the locker room, he was the first one to call and welcome LeBron, and the one to start the Lakers group chat and invited everyone.

Chemistry is so underrated but it's super important and this team's chemistry is off the charts. Even Dudley who's played with those great Suns team in the past decade says this Lakers team has the best chemistry he's ever been a part of.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Ramona said she had a conversation with Kobe and Kuzma, and she learned that Kuzma called Kobe up for advise on trade rumors, and Kobe's message to Kuzma was if he doesn't want to get traded just block it all out and just play hard. So just from that story it sounds like Kuzma wants to be a Laker.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ramona said she had a conversation with Kobe and Kuzma, and she learned that Kuzma called Kobe up for advise on trade rumors, and Kobe's message to Kuzma was if he doesn't want to get traded just block it all out and just play hard. So just from that story it sounds like Kuzma wants to be a Laker.

Reading between the lines, I think Yinoma is right and wrong. Kuz wants to be a Laker but he also wants to as he has said “establish himself”.

If that can’t happen here, as many young players do, they’ll do that elsewhere.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But remember how a young Kobe scratched and fought his way to being indispensable.

You think if the Lakers went with Eddie Jones and told Kobe to be content with coming off the bench until it was "his time" that he would be ok with it?

I suspect it's a mix of:

1. Kuz seems to do better without LBJ/AD
2. Kuz knows being a bench player instead of a starter hampers his extension (this summer) or RFA (next summer).
3. Kuz knows that he isn't taking over LBJ/AD's spot, so he will likely be a bench guy for the next 2-3 years minimum.
4. Lakers know this, and are doing their due diligence to see if they can fill some holes (playmaking PG and wing defender).
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But remember how a young Kobe scratched and fought his way to being indispensable.

You think if the Lakers went with Eddie Jones and told Kobe to be content with coming off the bench until it was "his time" that he would be ok with it?

I suspect it's a mix of:

2. Kuz knows being a bench player instead of a starter hampers his extension (this summer) or RFA (next summer).
3. Kuz knows that he isn't taking over LBJ/AD's spot, so he will likely be a bench guy for the next 2-3 years minimum.
4. Lakers know this, and are doing their due diligence to see if they can fill some holes (playmaking PG and wing defender).

I could be wrong...but I think this Rondo finger thing is just to give us the ability to sign DC and not trade anyone if it works like that...if someone has to go Daniels in a trade for a 2nd rounder to a team in the east could work.

#BannersOverBillboards
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I suspect it's a mix of:

I could be wrong...but I think this Rondo finger thing is just to give us the ability to sign DC and not trade anyone if it works like that...if someone has to go Daniels in a trade for a 2nd rounder to a team in the east could work.

No. A short term injury does not open up a roster spot (see Boogie, we don't have a roster spot relief, just a small salary exception).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I suspect it's a mix of:

No. A short term injury does not open up a roster spot (see Boogie, we don't have a roster spot relief, just a small salary exception).

can apply for Boogie disability player injury stuff, he just can't play in the playoff this year but will be in roster, we'll figure it out this summer who gets cut or sign darren collison to 2 way contract and drop Cacok
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
can apply for Boogie disability player injury stuff, he just can't play in the playoff this year but will be in roster, we'll figure it out this summer who gets cut or sign darren collison to 2 way contract and drop Cacok

If we do a 2 way deal, DC would be paid significantly less than signing for the full vet's min. or under the Boogie exception?

Either way, we have a full roster and someone will need to be cut/traded.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think so, too. He's looking to get paid with his next deal, since his current one is peanuts compared to almost all of his peers.

Can’t blame him there.
Hair dye ain’t cheap.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I really wish he knew how to draw contact. On the few times he actually drives into the paint he throws up 5ft floaters and awkward hooks instead of engaging the rim protector to get fouled and try for the and-1
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I really wish he knew how to draw contact. On the few times he actually drives into the paint he throws up 5ft floaters and awkward hooks instead of engaging the rim protector to get fouled and try for the and-1

This!

My biggest issues with Kuz are his lack of Defensive Awareness off ball, his Defensive positioning on ball, and his reluctance to initiate contact and go to the line.

Of the 3 the last one is the easiest to correct and would make his offensive game a nightmare for opposing teams while also helping him avoid those unproductive cold stretches that make his D look even worse.

#BannersOverBillboards
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

This!

My biggest issues with Kuz are his lack of Defensive Awareness off ball, his Defensive positioning on ball, and his reluctance to initiate contact and go to the line.

Of the 3 the last one is the easiest to correct and would make his offensive game a nightmare for opposing teams while also helping him avoid those unproductive cold stretches that make his D look even worse.

Yeah, he will never be the elite scorer he obviously wants to be without being able to get to the line at a high rate.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Can’t blame him there.
Hair dye ain’t cheap.

CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

This!

Yeah, he will never be the elite scorer he obviously wants to be without being able to get to the line at a high rate.

Gotta get 8 to 10 free attempts a game if you want to be elite. He's averaging what 2.3 per game now? That's gotta get north of 4 by the end of the year imo, but probably wont.

#BannersOverBillboards
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Kuz might as well learn to FLOP, I'm serious, that's what refs call nowadays. Even LeBron don't get to the line as much anymore.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe was a bench player for a while. LBJ is not getting any younger. Kuz can play that LO role and get the minutes backing up PF and SF. Don't trade the Kuz. We need him.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Kobe was a bench player for a while. LBJ is not getting any younger. Kuz can play that LO role and get the minutes backing up PF and SF. Don't trade the Kuz. We need him.

No need to trade Kuz. If Vogel somehow figures it out, he will put LeBron at the 1 and put Kuz at the 3. Bradley or Green can play the 2. Follow the Showtime Lakers where Magic was the 1.

Kuz is quick enough to guard 2's or 3's (if he tries). If he is suffering, then sub him out for KCP.

It's that simple. Kuz is not pouting. He knows his time is coming.....most likely right one or two weeks before the playoffs, he will start.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That’s the problem. He seems to either not want to or is unable to.

His best games have been without AD and LBJ. That’s a bit problematic.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Give him time. He is 3rd year player with no training camp and missed games cause of injury.

Lamar was not 6moy in his 1st 30games either
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Give him time. He is 3rd year player with no training camp and missed games cause of injury.

Lamar was not 6moy in his 1st 30games either

The fundamental issues will remain. His best positions are taken up by our best players. He won’t be a starter here.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

he has to be moved imo. it sucks when you see him have good games like he did against dallas/okc, but its important to remember we're in win now mode. a title this year is crucial. its too much gamble to keep kuzma and hope that a young 3rd year player will somehow find his role behind lebron/ad and somehow become that coveted 3/4 lockdown defender that this team will desperately need. i do think acquisitions of collison and covington puts us over the top.
cheesehead88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No need to trade Kuz. If Vogel somehow figures it out, he will put LeBron at the 1 and put Kuz at the 3. Bradley or Green can play the 2. Follow the Showtime Lakers where Magic was the 1.

Kuz is quick enough to guard 2's or 3's (if he tries). If he is suffering, then sub him out for KCP.

It's that simple. Kuz is not pouting. He knows his time is coming.....most likely right one or two weeks before the playoffs, he will start.

Bron getting slower every year
Just have him guard the weaker offensive 2 or 3
Bradley or Green guard 1s
AD 4
Dwight 5

When Magic got older he stopped guarding ones and started guarding 2 and 3s

Scott or Worthy would guard the better offensive players

Even AD can guard 2 and 3s

Kuzma needs to start

Vogel has to find a way to do it

Then start Caruso
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

This is Kuz:

If he thinks as a bball player: "Be less for a good team: anything to win, i can help"

If he thinks as a a person: "I want the clout, money and fame: I don't like coming off the bench, I deserve more attention on and off the court. My passive pouting will affect my play"

Luv Kuz but no more excuses. He avgs more mpg then ariza did who max'd at 31mpg in that amazing playoff run after avg'ing 24mpg in regular season.

Kuz avg's over 30mpg and we only believe he deserves it because he can score when playing with bad scorers.

Does he even realize he's here because BI was better at the time? If kobe was still in the league his reply to Kuz would have been "who are you?"

hahaha

Kuz, your goal is ariza or odom right now. You're not AD/Bron. Don't think kobe told you to take steps backwards.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 686 of 880
Jump to: