The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1351, 1352, 1353 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
even Bron before the groin last year was probably a tad more athletic than this year, he drove more and was a bit more creative on the drives. it's impossible to age backwards..

Correct. I think sometimes people misconstrue it as Lebron bashing. Far from it...he’s 35 years old and he still plays at a high level. He just has certain things that he struggles with now.

Most 35 year olds are washed, out of the league or end of bench role players. Nothing against Lebron, it is what it is.

If he's 35 and spending what fuel is left in his tank, then can someone please explain why he's spending his energy playing the point when we have guards to do that?

we don't really have guards to do it.. Rondo is our only capable creator and he's washed. Cook isn't a good playmaker, he comes off screens and if he has to do anything other than shoot, it's very dicey, like SG passing capability - Caruso is even lesser..

Bron is banking on having had the whole Summer off.. he looks good for 35; this is like Kobe's season where he tore his Achilles, Kobe was old but didn't care........ Bron is old and doesn't care; and he's a tank so there's no reason to really fear injury other than the groin

Which leads me to my next question...if the Lakers invested so much on getting Lebron here, why didn't we sign a PG to start the season? Why did we go into this year with a mid 30s Rondo who is on the downside of his career as our only playmaker, other than Lebron? And please don't blame this on Kawhi, we had plenty of time and revenue to sign someone who could at least play a D Fish sort of role, not a great shooter but can initiate things.

My question may be rhetorical, as I think we all know Lebron had a say in the construction of this roster. If you add 2 and 2, you get Lebron wanting to play the point foward this year, because he wants complete control over the Laker offense. Rondo's job is to spell Lebron, Lebron isn't filling in a role the Lakers missed out on. He wants this. He wants the ball in his hands, he wants the offense to flow through his vision. In other words, Lebron wants Lebron ball. Vogel is just doing as he's told.

Whatever Lebron wants...he gets. So, there it is. We live, or die, by Lebron Reymone James.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

There really were no PGs left over to sign, Troy....
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Coulda traded for some with our potential 34m in cap tho and with 8 teams hard capped looking to get off salary, it was the legacy climate to have that as a contingency after Kawhi.

Btw troy, Bron May have a lot of pull with the FO, but when it comes to coaching and even getting his mans Melo on board, it sure seems he doesn’t have complete control like he did in Cleveland.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Coulda traded for some with our potential 34m in cap tho and with 8 teams hard capped looking to get off salary, it was the legacy climate to have that as a contingency after Kawhi.

Btw troy, Bron May have a lot of pull with the FO, but when it comes to coaching and even getting his mans Melo on board, it sure seems he doesn’t have complete control like he did in Cleveland.

What teams would just give us players when we don’t have attractive assets to give them? Thomas Sato would have been a great get but he was traded for high 2nd rounders... Maybe Baynes as a stretch 5 could have been absorbed for cheap, but, not a PG ofc
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

What teams would just give us players when we don’t have attractive assets to give them? Thomas Sato would have been a great get but he was traded for high 2nd rounders... Maybe Baynes as a stretch 5 could have been absorbed for cheap, but, not a PG ofc

Miami had to end up stretching Ryan Anderson. But they did put Dragic up on the block before the Mavs pulled out of the Jimmy S&t deal.

For example, Dragic + Green is 34m with the room still available to keep Kcp if there was really a klutch tax to be had. Remember, Kcp could only max out at the room exception if Kawhi ended up signing the max anyway.

And btw, Dragic’s 19m expiring would have unlocked a lot more trade possibilities at the deadline if it didn’t end up working out for us as another playmaking option to Bron.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Getting rid of one of our only capable wing defenders? Getting rid of someone we just signed? Yeah thats no bueno AT ALL.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
even Bron before the groin last year was probably a tad more athletic than this year, he drove more and was a bit more creative on the drives. it's impossible to age backwards..

Correct. I think sometimes people misconstrue it as Lebron bashing. Far from it...he’s 35 years old and he still plays at a high level. He just has certain things that he struggles with now.

Most 35 year olds are washed, out of the league or end of bench role players. Nothing against Lebron, it is what it is.

If he's 35 and spending what fuel is left in his tank, then can someone please explain why he's spending his energy playing the point when we have guards to do that?

we don't really have guards to do it.. Rondo is our only capable creator and he's washedn

Rondo isn’t a creator.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

we don't really have guards to do it.. Rondo is our only capable creator and he's washedn

Rondo isn’t a creator.

He creates angry fans
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Rondo isn’t a creator.

He creates angry fans

He may be one of the most overrated players in NBA history. There is irrational nostalgia for pass first PGs.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/billoram/status/1219743310740361217
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

we don't really have guards to do it.. Rondo is our only capable creator and he's washed. Cook isn't a good playmaker, he comes off screens and if he has to do anything other than shoot, it's very dicey, like SG passing capability - Caruso is even lesser..

Bron is banking on having had the whole Summer off.. he looks good for 35; this is like Kobe's season where he tore his Achilles, Kobe was old but didn't care........ Bron is old and doesn't care; and he's a tank so there's no reason to really fear injury other than the groin

Which leads me to my next question...if the Lakers invested so much on getting Lebron here, why didn't we sign a PG to start the season? Why did we go into this year with a mid 30s Rondo who is on the downside of his career as our only playmaker, other than Lebron? And please don't blame this on Kawhi, we had plenty of time and revenue to sign someone who could at least play a D Fish sort of role, not a great shooter but can initiate things.

My question may be rhetorical, as I think we all know Lebron had a say in the construction of this roster. If you add 2 and 2, you get Lebron wanting to play the point foward this year, because he wants complete control over the Laker offense. Rondo's job is to spell Lebron, Lebron isn't filling in a role the Lakers missed out on. He wants this. He wants the ball in his hands, he wants the offense to flow through his vision. In other words, Lebron wants Lebron ball. Vogel is just doing as he's told.

Whatever Lebron wants...he gets. So, there it is. We live, or die, by Lebron Reymone James.

Problem was they put all their eggs in the Kawhi basket. That's nearly 32m in cap space that was put aside for him. On paper, it was a worthwhile chase to get the guy who just won a championship. But in reality, it meant a lot of the top flight FAs, and even trades where we absorb cap space were gone (as we had a Plan B suite of FAs once Kawhi signed with the Clips).

Wonder how many people would have said it was a bad plan if Kawhi signed with the Lakers?

That being said. Whether it's LeGM or GM Rob, they did a poor job with assuming "quantity" of guards = "quality." None of the 8 pure guards IMO are above replacement level; most are well below average to poor.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Problem was they put all their eggs in the Kawhi basket. That's nearly 32m in cap space that was put aside for him. On paper, it was a worthwhile chase to get the guy who just won a championship. But in reality, it meant a lot of the top flight FAs, and even trades where we absorb cap space were gone (as we had a Plan B suite of FAs once Kawhi signed with the Clips).

Wonder how many people would have said it was a bad plan if Kawhi signed with the Lakers?

That being said. Whether it's LeGM or GM Rob, they did a poor job with assuming "quantity" of guards = "quality." None of the 8 pure guards IMO are above replacement level; most are well below average to poor.

I don't buy that argument. Because even if KL signed with the Lakers, we still didn't have a point guard. I just believe Lebron wanted to control the offense and told the Lakers not to worry about getting a PG since he could do it. Just sign a bunch of shooters to help me out. That's why we have so many shooting guards and not a point guard.

This is all about Lebron. And that's not such a bad thing as long as he produces against the quality teams. But it does anchor the team onto him, which is what I think he wants. That's why I think all this talk about signing D Rose is nonsense. If we get anything, it will be a long, athletic defensive wing that can guard the likes of KL and Paul George.

We live and die by Lebron James.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:

I don't buy that argument. Because even if KL signed with the Lakers, we still didn't have a point guard. I just believe Lebron wanted to control the offense and told the Lakers not to worry about a PG since he could it. Just sign a bunch of shooters to help me out. That's why we have so many shoot guards and not a point.

This is all about Lebron. And that's not such a bad thing as long as he produces against the quality teams. But it does anchor the team onto him, which is what I think he wants. That's why I think all this talk about signing D Rose is nonsense. If we get anything, it will be a long, athletic defensive wing that can guard the likes of KL and Paul George.

If we have KL, we wouldn't the same worries about offensive creation from the wing, which we are hurting right now from the perimeter spots.

I do agree he may have said that he wanted to run PG, but any sensible GM would know that Rondo isn't sufficient as the other playmaker. If they had signed a better backup PG, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I don't buy that argument. Because even if KL signed with the Lakers, we still didn't have a point guard. I just believe Lebron wanted to control the offense and told the Lakers not to worry about a PG since he could it. Just sign a bunch of shooters to help me out. That's why we have so many shoot guards and not a point.

If we have KL, we wouldn't the same worries about offensive creation from the wing, which we are hurting right now from the perimeter spots.

I do agree he may have said that he wanted to run PG, but any sensible GM would know that Rondo isn't sufficient as the other playmaker. If they had signed a better backup PG, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

KL doesn't initiate the offense. Clips have Bev and Sweet Lou to do that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No, missing my point. Not about initiating, reliable scoring. Our 8 guard rotation averages a dismal 5.8ppg as a group. No one averages double digit PPGs.

If you have KL/LBJ/AD you can absolutely get away with a token PG on offense like Beverly (Lou I consider an undersized SG but regardless, same point).
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

My goodness, all Lebron career, the narrative has been

* Lebron dont have enought shooters
* All Lebron needs are shooters
* Lebron work best with the ball in his hands and shooters.

Shooters
Shooters
Shooters
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
My goodness, all Lebron career, the narrative has been

* Lebron dont have enought shooters
* All Lebron needs are shooters
* Lebron work best with the ball in his hands and shooters.

Shooters
Shooters
Shooters

And his championship formula has always been:

1. LBJ
2. dominant wing creator (Wade/Kyrie)
3. all star big (Bosh/Love).

I think it was a big mistake to not address #2 and waiting on KL basically ensured we would not be able to.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

No, missing my point. Not about initiating, reliable scoring. Our 8 guard rotation averages a dismal 5.8ppg as a group. No one averages double digit PPGs.

If you have KL/LBJ/AD you can absolutely get away with a token PG on offense like Beverly (Lou I consider an undersized SG but regardless, same point).

We are missing each others points. My point is that Lebron James, at 35 years old and as valuable as he is to our playoffs hopes, should not be wasting his energy initiating the offense. We don't need a traditional hard cord point guard, as that position has gone the way of the back to the basket center (near extinction). We just need someone who can dribble the damn ball up and get things rolling, preferablly pass it to AD and let things go from there. Said guard should be at least competent in hitting mid range and 3 point shots. My belief is that we currently have guards that can be trained fulfill this role. And Vogel knows that. But the reason for why we don't have this is because Lebron James wants to end his career being known for his passing, so he surely has told Laker Brass to let him bring the ball up and start the offense. Lebron James is no damned point guard, but in his world, he can play the point, the 3 and the 4, if he chooses. Now remember, this man is 35 years old.

So, because Lebron controls the ball, he controls the offense. Which means we're playing Lebron-ball. Which further means that we go as he goes. Now, again, that works as long as Lebron doesn't a) burn himself out b) play poorly. So far, he has played poorly when we needed A games from him.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Our GOAT had 5 steals tonight

Moving steadily towards "Top 10 Steals, all time"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

LeBron needs 45 points to pass Kobe on the all-time points list. He will likely do it in Philadelphia on Saturday.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Can we package him for Zion please??
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

No thanks. Zion is going to break down very, very quickly. Knee problems already? He needs to reform his body.

Pelicans will be Ingram's team
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

No thanks. Zion is going to break down very, very quickly. Knee problems already? He needs to reform his body.

Although he played very well together especially from the 3, I can see him struggle, unless his 3 point shooting is for real. Pretty slow on defense
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Dude clearly coasting, once we wrap up top 2 seed, expect to have LeBron straight saving it for playoff
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
drae wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Although he played very well together especially from the 3, I can see him struggle, unless his 3 point shooting is for real. Pretty slow on defense

He gets 2 inches off the ground with his jump shot and was looking hobbled out there already. His defense was also looking pretty brutal. Had 5 turnovers as well but that can easily be blamed on rust, it was cool seeing him go on that little run in the 4th.

I hope he can somehow stay healthy because I think he can be an exciting player but this game did nothing positive towards that thinking at all for me honestly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1351, 1352, 1353 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1352 of 2079
Jump to: