Are we not getting up emotionally for games vs title contenders?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Lebron didn't come to LA to win championships. His priority is his family and expanding his empire. If he saw yesterdays game as an important, he wouldn't have gone to his son's game a 100 miles away before the game.

I don't get the problem with this. The game wasn't until 7:30 at night. I don't see an issue with him taking off a couple of hours in the afternoon to take a short helicopter ride to see his son play. Why is that worse than going to an afternoon movie, which is probably what most players do when they have time to kill before a road game.

What do you think is more draining - sitting in the stands and cheering for your son or sitting in a movie for 2 hours and not moving?

Do you also seriously think that driving 200 miles round trip, being on the move, dealing with crowds, cheering at a game is the same as sitting in your room watching a movie or better yet, game tape?

First, he didn't drive 200 miles round trip. He took a short helicopter ride.

Second, I don't understand why you think Lebron going to watch his son play basketball for a couple of hours would "drain" him. Basketball players are human beings, not robots that they stick in a closet between games. They actually go out and do stuff -- just like you and me. Personally, watching my son play basketball sounds like a more pleasant afternoon than sitting in a movie theatre or being cooped up in a hotel room. Wouldn't drain me at all.

LA Times say the helicopter report was not right and it doesn't really matter. His focus was not on the game.

He is a professional and paid $35m to focus on basketball during the season.

Where do you draw the line? Would you defend him if he flew from Boston to LA back to Boston in one day to watch Bronny? What if AD had two days off and traveled to Miami to watch the Super Bowl and back?

When you don't read about other players doing this, you know it isn't usual.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:55 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Lebron didn't come to LA to win championships. His priority is his family and expanding his empire. If he saw yesterdays game as an important, he wouldn't have gone to his son's game a 100 miles away before the game.

I don't get the problem with this. The game wasn't until 7:30 at night. I don't see an issue with him taking off a couple of hours in the afternoon to take a short helicopter ride to see his son play. Why is that worse than going to an afternoon movie, which is probably what most players do when they have time to kill before a road game.

Agree. Bron's stats showed he was OK.
Others just didn't show up. Well, they did.
But Celtics' players wanted to win more in their home.
It was understandable.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

What do you think is more draining - sitting in the stands and cheering for your son or sitting in a movie for 2 hours and not moving?

Do you also seriously think that driving 200 miles round trip, being on the move, dealing with crowds, cheering at a game is the same as sitting in your room watching a movie or better yet, game tape?

Second, I don't understand why you think Lebron going to watch his son play basketball for a couple of hours would "drain" him. Basketball players are human beings, not robots that they stick in a closet between games. They actually go out and do stuff -- just like you and me. Personally, watching my son play basketball sounds like a more pleasant afternoon than sitting in a movie theatre or being cooped up in a hotel room. Wouldn't drain me at all.

LA Times say the helicopter report was not right and it doesn't really matter. His focus was not on the game.

Where do you draw the line? Would you defend him if he flew from Boston to LA back to Boston in one day to watch Bronny? What if AD had two days off and traveled to Miami to watch the Super Bowl and back?

Maybe Bron's teammates were also of the opinion that young celtics would be a piece of cake.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject:

I'm seeing in this team the same issue that the kobe-pau team had in the finals lost against the celtics.

Lack of toughness, or "cazzimma" as we call it in Italy.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
I'm seeing in this team the same issue that the kobe-pau team had in the finals lost against the celtics.

Lack of toughness, or "cazzimma" as we call it in Italy.

The current Celtics dont compare with 2008 champ Celtics.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:39 am    Post subject:

Not getting up?

More like our offense can't keep up. As great as our defense is teams can score... then we have to match that scoring and we can't!
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agree. Bron's stats showed he was OK.
Others just didn't show up. Well, they did.
But Celtics' players wanted to win more in their home.
It was understandable.

So you don't see the game. Just an example was the volleyball offensive rebound basket by Kemba behind Lebron. It is in the highlights.

Stats are ok??? We got 27 points combined of our 2 superstars.

EKanter got 18 point in the first half, almost all in offensive rebounds. If Dwight or McGee go to block JBrown or JTatum driving, who is supposed to box out Kanter?? Davis or James. The others have their average as roll players as they are.

Last edited by lakerican on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:45 am    Post subject:

nah. we're just outmatched
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
Not getting up?

More like our offense can't keep up. As great as our defense is teams can score... then we have to match that scoring and we can't!

yup
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:
Dont we have the best record in the nba against >.500?

5-6 vs top 4 teams in each conference

Are there stats on this for the other top teams? Clippers? Bucks..ect

Otherwise we don't know if 5-6 is good or bad?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:

So what’s the remedy? Trade?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:

When is below .500 ever good?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

AD needs to learn from Lebron what it takes to win championships and fully devote himself to the game, but unfortunately at this point in Lebron's career, Lebron isn't the best role model.

Does anyone think Kobe would have been OK with an injured AD taking his teammates to a football game across the country after a road-trip?

There's nobody like Kobe in today's NBA. People need to move on

No one on the Lakers
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

AD needs to learn from Lebron what it takes to win championships and fully devote himself to the game, but unfortunately at this point in Lebron's career, Lebron isn't the best role model.

Does anyone think Kobe would have been OK with an injured AD taking his teammates to a football game across the country after a road-trip?

No one on the Lakers

No one in the league
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

As long as a player is working out, going to practice, playing in games, and meeting his professional obligations, I think he's free to do whatever he wants with his free time like anyone else.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

No one on the Lakers

No one in the league

Kobe and Jordan were Sociopaths. It made them special on the court. Imagine if Lebron punched Kuzma over $200 in today’s Twitter age?
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:

When is below .500 ever good?

It is always relative..remember 6 of those games have been on the road (Bucks, Clippers (?), Nuggets, Jazz, Celtics, Heat). Additionally, the Mavs were once top 4 and the Rockets and the Lakers beat them so this stat changes over time. Making it a bit useless If all the sudden the Nuggets, Jazz, or Clippers went on a losing streak (which has happened to all those teams already), this stat will all the sudden change (as the Lakers have beaten the Mavs 3 times and the Rockets once).

Road teams win more than 60% of the time and also every few teams have winning road records this year (probably the road advantage has significantly increased?)

A stat like above is more useful at the end of the season because things will even out by than..
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

No one on the Lakers

No one in the league

Kobe and Jordan were Sociopaths. It made them special on the court. Imagine if Lebron punched Kuzma over $200 in today’s Twitter age?

They weren’t perfect either. I think it’s easy to look at a game like Monday and say that it would never happen to Kobe or Jordan but it could, and it did.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Boldarblood wrote:

So what’s the remedy? Trade?

Buyouts are preferable unless the trade is a no brainer for us.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

No one on the Lakers

No one in the league

They weren’t perfect either. I think it’s easy to look at a game like Monday and say that it would never happen to Kobe or Jordan but it could, and it did.

Yeah, but you would never question where their focus was that night.
At least not with Kobe...Mike had the gambling thing
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
drae wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

No one on the Lakers

No one in the league

Yeah, but you would never question where their focus was that night.
At least not with Kobe...Mike had the gambling thing

Mike was the worst off the court. Drinking, cigars, gambling, womanizing, Casino all-nighters, punching Kerr for no reason. But he is the GOAT in my opinion.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

The title of this thread is unfair. We as Lakers fans definitely got up for this game. I was up emotionally and physically 😝. You can’t blame us OP! “We” were emotionally up.

Now the players, well I can’t speak for them. 🤣
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Not getting up emotionally or not good enough? I say the latter. When we played the bucks and when we played the clips 2x the better team won on all occasions
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
nah. we're just outmatched

leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Well I think Bron will play hard depends on his rivalry not with the Lakers rivalry. Look when he is playing with Luka, he goes all out everytime he play against him. He also play hard againt James Harden, Giannis, The Nugget, The Miami Heat and The Cavs. I think he's not playing hard against the Clippers yet though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: