+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (02/06/20) Gm#50 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

al.jr.320824 wrote:
I am not going to lie but this loss really gets to me. They have no shot blockers and yet Lebron plays passive. We lose everytime he plays like that. I don't understand him sometimes. I know they compare Lebron with Magic at times but one area Magic was better than lebron at was his post game. Lebron should be killing any team this small.

Also this is the first game that Vogel had me questioning him. One was Rondo and the other is why are playing small. Play dwight and make them play you. I hate this small ball crap from the Lakers.

It got to me in part cuz houston is a gimmic team right now. In addition as you point out no shot blockers but no real attack. Its like wtf.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
With this small ball Houston team. Not sure if doubling Harden is the answer. I think next game against Houston Frank should consider single coverage and focusing on the corner 3 point shooters.

On offense Lebron has be less passive. We saw that great dribble through the D and and 1 play in the 4th. He still can create a lot of dribble penetration... but doesn’t want to regularly. I feel he is making sure AD eats first in the RS and will crank it up in the POs.

Do you know how much effort it takes to do that night in and night out, especially in 4th quarters? It’s not sustainable especially with the lack of spacing on this team
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

The biggest reason for most of our losses this year has been the other team shooting (and making) a lot of threes. FT's and TO's have also been issues for a few games, but the way to beat us is to shoot and make as many three's as you can.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Watch how Zion or Joker attacks them, AD. Not with fade-away jumpers!!!!!
al.jr.320824
Rookie
Rookie

MustardJam wrote:
al.jr.320824 wrote:
I am not going to lie but this loss really gets to me. They have no shot blockers and yet Lebron plays passive. We lose everytime he plays like that. I don't understand him sometimes. I know they compare Lebron with Magic at times but one area Magic was better than lebron at was his post game. Lebron should be killing any team this small.

Also this is the first game that Vogel had me questioning him. One was Rondo and the other is why are playing small. Play dwight and make them play you. I hate this small ball crap from the Lakers.

This the first time you question Vogel? Haven’t you seen that (bleep) giving Rondo big minutes ?

My reasons for my issue with vogel in this game is playing small ball with the rockets instead of using our size. It was stupid!
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
This team just doesn't have it.

Best record in the West.

For now.

I don't see this Lakers team holding on to the top seed. Hope I'm wrong.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
As chicken little said ..”the sky is falling, the sky is falling”

Give me a break.

It’s one game you naysayers.

Jesus....one game

13-9 since our Bucks game.

Sure dude just one game

They’ll be saying that even into the playoffs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Best record in the West.

For now.

I think it's still possible, because the Clippers clearly don't prioritize the regular season and the other teams could cannibalize each other. My concern is the playoffs, and right now I think the Clippers are clearly better than us if everyone is available.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
With this small ball Houston team. Not sure if doubling Harden is the answer. I think next game against Houston Frank should consider single coverage and focusing on the corner 3 point shooters.

On offense Lebron has be less passive. We saw that great dribble through the D and and 1 play in the 4th. He still can create a lot of dribble penetration... but doesn’t want to regularly. I feel he is making sure AD eats first in the RS and will crank it up in the POs.

Do you know how much effort it takes to do that night in and night out, especially in 4th quarters? It’s not sustainable especially with the lack of spacing on this team

Btw for whats it worth kenny smith just repeated wolfs defense remarks vs rockets.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Don’t kid yourselves this team has absolutely zero chance of winning the championship.

Last 24 games Lakers are 14-9

If they keep going like this next 32 games will be 20-12

That will mean they go 34-21 since starting 24-3

That’s absolutely mediocre. Other teams are getting better through trades or simply by finding their identity and gelling together. Lakers are still incredibly inconsistent. You never know which Lakers you’re gonna get game to game.

Not saying they can’t improve but if they keep going as is this is over.

They have no playmakers outside of Lebron (Rondo is an absolute trashcan so I don’t count him) Defense is solid one game and then non-existent the next. Collison would have to be an imbecile to sign with this team over the Clippers.

Depressing game to watch period. It’s tough to handle when you come to a realization that your team is simply not good enough but that’s where we are. Mediocre team that got lucky with a hot start.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

Gandalf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Best record in the West.

For now.

Clipper will probably pass us in a couple weeks.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Quik Z06
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Super disappointing loss. Say what you want about it’s only one game, this team does not have a killer mentality, they are soft. This should have been a double digit win for the Lakers, they are only up 2 games now in the west, with the way they’ve been playing lately I don’t see them holding it.

I’ve always liked Kuz, but damn he’s trash. Really thought he was going to step up this year, but he’s regressed even more. Without another scorer this isn’t a championship team, unfortunately.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BigBoi wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

al.jr.320824
Rookie
Rookie

DrDent wrote:
al.jr.320824 wrote:

It got to me in part cuz houston is a gimmic team right now. In addition as you point out no shot blockers but no real attack. Its like wtf.

Exactly! Lebron was passive from the start, I hate when he plays like that. We have lost every game he plays like that. Dwight could have been in there and fouled PJ tucker out of the game but we don't use that advantage, play small ball and allow Westbrook free reign to the basket. Igh I am fuming from this game.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

For as big and strong as he is, Lebron has never developed a good post up game. Magic did, MJ did, Kobe did but curiously not Lebron. AD is really not a post up player either because his body isn't built for the physical pounding. Dwight and Javele can certainly defend the post but not dominate it on offense. See for all our size, we play relatively small on offense.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Best record in the West.

For now.

We have an easy schedule, most against sub 500 teams, so if we can beat the clippers 1-2 times, we should be fine
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
Don’t kid yourselves this team has absolutely zero chance of winning the championship.

Last 24 games Lakers are 14-9

If they keep going like this next 32 games will be 20-12

That will mean they go 34-21 since starting 24-3

That’s absolutely mediocre. Other teams are getting better through trades or simply by finding their identity and gelling together. Lakers are still incredibly inconsistent. You never know which Lakers you’re gonna get game to game.

Not saying they can’t improve but if they keep going as is this is over.

They have no playmakers outside of Lebron (Rondo is an absolute trashcan so I don’t count him) Defense is solid one game and then non-existent the next. Collison would have to be an imbecile to sign with this team over the Clippers.

Depressing game to watch period. It’s tough to handle when you come to a realization that your team is simply not good enough but that’s where we are. Mediocre team that got lucky with a hot start.

Teams are starting to figure us out. You don’t see a lot of lobs and Lebron Ad pick and rolls. Teams will just play zone and dare us to make 3s. Exspecially when rondo is on the court
Quik Z06
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

mad55557777 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Best record in the West.

For now.

We have an easy schedule, most against sub 500 teams, so if we can beat the clippers 1-2 times, we should be fine

That’s the problem though, we haven’t beat the Clippers, or won any statement games for that matter.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quik Z06 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Best record in the West.

For now.

That’s the problem though, we haven’t beat the Clippers, or won any statement games for that matter.

Maybe we catch them load management Kawhi once, lmao
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Best record in the West.

For now.

I think it's still possible, because the Clippers clearly don't prioritize the regular season and the other teams could cannibalize each other. My concern is the playoffs, and right now I think the Clippers are clearly better than us if everyone is available.

We will win the West just because of the remaining games are "easier".

The adjustments of Vogel or lack thereof is what scares me.

On the brighter side...this team is a good road team.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

I’m here for Pastor Riley and hopefully some old school kick you in the nuts VLF throwback comments
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

al.jr.320824 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
al.jr.320824 wrote:

Exactly! Lebron was passive from the start, I hate when he plays like that. We have lost every game he plays like that. Dwight could have been in there and fouled PJ tucker out of the game but we don't use that advantage, play small ball and allow Westbrook free reign to the basket. Igh I am fuming from this game.

I hear you. Im befuddled why its seemingly become taboo to chase after guys in foul trouble. Entering the 4th i believe houstons starters may have all had 4 fouls. We didnt attack instead usually settling for jumpers...then there was the stretch of umforced turnovers that cost us the game. There was a time when you had 4-5 fouls...uh oh...you getting picked on. I generally dont see that anymore.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject:

If we meet in the playoffs, Mad Mook and Harrell will test AD's toughness for sure. We have a pillsbury doughboy as an enforcer so he can't look in the team for help. All those shenanigans on the bench are fine when things are going good but what are they going to do when they get punched in the mouth?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
For as big and strong as he is, Lebron has never developed a good post up game. Magic did, MJ did, Kobe did but curiously not Lebron. AD is really not a post up player either because his body isn't built for the physical pounding. Dwight and Javele can certainly defend the post but not dominate it on offense. See for all our size, we play relatively small on offense.

Dwight has shown if he gets a good entry pass he can make it work but my goodness ive never seen a midget squad make post entries such low percentage passes- are the lakers that bad at them?

Last edited by DrDent on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

1 seed is great and all, but it won’t matter if we don’t start winning against some of the top contenders.

As it stands, they aren’t winning the chip. Lebron doesn’t look capable of being the best player on the court anymore against top teams. AD doesn’t look like he can take over and get to alpha like level when LBJ is neutralized.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43
Jump to: