OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4456, 4457, 4458 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Honestly, it's long overdue. But I still think we need to do this:

1. formalize Caruso taking most of Rondo's minutes/duties. Rondo becomes the Jared Dudley of the point guard rotation. Break in case of emergency.

2. still would look for a shot creator from the wing position. Best options likely Waiters (Pelinka and Klutch connection) or JR Smith (we've reached that point. Yikes).

3. Still need a big wing defender. Of course Mo Harkless is the #1 choice. But if he's not available, still need to address this. At this juncture we aren't going to find any really good players, but we still do need a big wing defender. (we've been saying this since...well, July 2019 ).

4. Work with the team to incorporate some set plays and also some off ball actions.

If you do those, I think we can get away with Rondo who we should only play when Lebron sits.

Many times i have seen kuzma leak out and in transition but the old turd rondo instead of passing him pulls the ball back and dribbles aimlessly

Then dumbs the ball in the post to his buddy AD
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
As far as our treatment of players, there are countless articles of how good the Lakers (or the Buss family) treat their players. Gasol and Odom (and a few others like Glen Rice) are the exception and not the norm.

In the context of trading players, I don't think the Lakers are any different than any other teams. If you mean how they treat players in some other way, I'm not exactly sure what the other way you mean is.

I'm puzzled by that comment, too. We just wiped out the whole freaking roster, packing guys off to dream locations like Cleveland, Brooklyn, and New Orleans.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Honestly, it's long overdue. But I still think we need to do this:

1. formalize Caruso taking most of Rondo's minutes/duties. Rondo becomes the Jared Dudley of the point guard rotation. Break in case of emergency.

2. still would look for a shot creator from the wing position. Best options likely Waiters (Pelinka and Klutch connection) or JR Smith (we've reached that point. Yikes).

3. Still need a big wing defender. Of course Mo Harkless is the #1 choice. But if he's not available, still need to address this. At this juncture we aren't going to find any really good players, but we still do need a big wing defender. (we've been saying this since...well, July 2019 ).

4. Work with the team to incorporate some set plays and also some off ball actions.

If you do those, I think we can get away with Rondo who we should only play when Lebron sits.

Many times i have seen kuzma leak out and in transition but the old turd rondo instead of passing him pulls the ball back and dribbles aimlessly

Then dumbs the ball in the post to his buddy AD

That's a good observation and unnerving. I'm all for phasing Rondo He tunes guys out as opposed to Caruso raising the inensity. I'd rather have a 2nd iso scorer like Waiters to pair with Kuzma and take our chances in the non AD/LBJ minutes.

More looks like:

-Caruso or Bradley/KCP/James/Davis/Howard to impose power/match bigs like vs DEN
-Caruso or Bradley/KCP/Green/James/Davis to match modern lineups

With Rondo out, you're playing a 3 rotation in the playoffs with Green being a 2/3. I'm at the point where I'd rather play the 2 way guys without court vision, just get into the offense quicker.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
As far as our treatment of players, there are countless articles of how good the Lakers (or the Buss family) treat their players. Gasol and Odom (and a few others like Glen Rice) are the exception and not the norm.

In the context of trading players, I don't think the Lakers are any different than any other teams. If you mean how they treat players in some other way, I'm not exactly sure what the other way you mean is.

I'm puzzled by that comment, too. We just wiped out the whole freaking roster, packing guys off to dream locations like Cleveland, Brooklyn, and New Orleans.

I don't think any NBA team will consistently sacrifice their own self interest over the players self-interest -- and they would be dumb to do so.

If the OP meant "treating players well" in the context of giving them nicer hotel rooms and other intangibles that don't affect the salary cap or roster, I have no idea how we compare to what other teams do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

Imagine if somebody had the luck to pair Ingram and Tatum

/Rant

They’d be on the Pelicans no? Maybe we wouldn’t lose all those draft picks. Who knows.

No, there is no way that you trade Tatum for AD. Especially with today’s NBA game.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

For the Boston writer who wrote the ESPN article about the De-Mambafication of Jason Tatum, I hope that person has some regrets, for at least a short period of time.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
For the Boston writer who wrote the ESPN article about the De-Mambafication of Jason Tatum, I hope that person has some regrets, for at least a short period of time.

Tim Bontemps
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

They’d be on the Pelicans no? Maybe we wouldn’t lose all those draft picks. Who knows.

No, there is no way that you trade Tatum for AD. Especially with today’s NBA game.

Explain yourself.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Tim Bontemps

Okay, Tim is not a Boston reporter but I still hope he feels bad. Same for Henry Abbot at True Hoops for trashing Kobe’s game all those years for not being analytically friendly.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

Explain yourself.

If your team is committed to a 34 year old Lebron, then you make that trade. If not, then you hold onto your pieces. Ainge doesn’t have the stones to make trades anyways.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

Good wing defender that can take over a game offensively and rebound. He can create for himself and others. AD needs someone to feed him and plays soft. Today’s game is all about wing play and the 3 point game, center play was last decade. Tatum has grown his game since he came into the league, AD still has the same strengths and weaknesses.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

Thank God, some of you aint GM's.....
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good wing defender that can take over a game offensively and rebound. He can create for himself and others. AD needs someone to feed him and plays soft. Today’s game is all about wing play and the 3 point game, center play was last decade. Tatum has grown his game since he came into the league, AD still has the same strengths and weaknesses.

Oh my word!!!!!!
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

Tatum, Ingram, LeBron, DLO and a better coach than Walton. How well we would have done last year?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh my word!!!!!!

Great fact filled response. Lazy AF.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh my word!!!!!!

Call it what you want. This level nonsense is just not worth responding to. If you actually watch basketball, and you actually believe this.... not much to say after that, other than.......
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh my word!!!!!!

Call it what you want. This level nonsense is just not worth responding to. If you actually watch basketball, and you actually believe this.... not much to say after that, other than.......

Yeah, i didn’t think that you had anything worthwhile to say.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh my word!!!!!!

It's worth substance because it just becomes ironic to you calling what that user said as "non sense."
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh my word!!!!!!

It's worth substance because it just becomes ironic to you calling what that user said as "non sense."

Nothing ironic, i just don't care enough to have a back and forth about this. I know what was said to be completely untrue and i am comfortable knowing that and letting him feel however he wants to feel, wrong or not, rather than going back and forth.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

VLF, I’m not a fan of members taking unnecessary/unprovoked digs at you. Its kinda weak tbh. But I don’t know the history with y’all, so what do I know.

But bro, Tatum himself and Tatum’s pops would trade Tatum for AD haha. You know Danny Ainge would as well if AD’s pops didn’t kibosh that situation, pretty much eliminating Boston as a legit bidder in the AD sweepstakes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jayson-tatum-apparently-admitted-hed-trade-himself-anthony-davis%3famp

AD has flaws in his game no doubt...but dude is largely viewed as a DPoY type from year to year and due to his growth spurt, he’s a big man with small man handles.

The soft narrative is equally wtf-worthy when fans bring it up, cause he is still playing hurt and through those injuries. Particularly with the shoulder, you ain’t really eager to bump and back down a stronger player in the post. So he does shy away from the contact with the jumper from time to time, but still that shows talent in itself for a big man. He’s arguably top 5, at the very least top 10 in the league, regardless of position.

Trading for AD is a no-brainer imo. However he was a distressed asset and literally forced his way here, so in that regard you can’t give up too much in assets. We did. Still happy we got him, but the price was steep and shockingly avoidable.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh my word!!!!!!

Nothing ironic, i just don't care enough to have a back and forth about this. I know what was said to be completely untrue and i am comfortable knowing that and letting him feel however he wants to feel, wrong or not, rather than going back and forth.

I understand, but why make it a point to say anything if you didn't care about his post?
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

I won't debate whether one trades Tatum for AD or not.
But your analysis of AD completely ignores his prodigy-level defensive impact in *todays* game.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
But bro, Tatum himself and Tatum’s pops would trade Tatum for AD haha.

Six months ago, I would have agreed without hesitation. Today, I still agree, but I'm hesitating. I wasn't sure whether Tatum was a one-year wonder based on his rookie season, or whether his second season was just the so-called sophomore slump. It appears to be the latter. He has made an impressive leap this season and is rated by some metrics as one of the best defenders in the league. In the current league, wing defenders are worth a lot. So I still agree with you, but it's not as obvious as it used to be.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Right now, AD is an arguably top 5 player in the league, definitely top 10. I'm not sure you can say the same for Tatum but he is rising fast and on a low contract.

Tatum has an effective eFG % at 51.5% and AD is at 54.8%.

AD is better defender across the board, rebounds, blocks, and get more steals. He's in entirely different league defensively. While Tatum is a good perimeter defender, he is not in the running for Defensive Player of the Year.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

If we had Tatum we could have included Kuzma in the deal instead. It might be hard to remember a time when he had trade value, but it was real
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4456, 4457, 4458 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4457 of 8560
Jump to: