PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject:

We need QFTOS for this game
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
DrDent wrote:
So happy about this win - really proud of the effort and sticking it through. Hopefully all the yips are out in preparation for sundays game.

1 for 15

3 for 21

6 for 32

And we damn near won by double digits...that's some hats of to our defense. 2 sides to impact the game on.

I think the Bucks have a serious problem with teams walling off GA's hyper aggression. Those first few minutes were breath taking...that's a huge aspect of his game getting taken away.

Without us locking them up like we did, no way we survive that kind of shooting. Right?

Defense is key, DEFENSE wins championships. "That's just the way it is!"
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Bradley's energy was big. Didn't make a field goal, but really competed. Avery is always getting jobbed by the refs. Tonight he got some calls in his favor. Hopefully that continues. He is the guy I would want on Lou Will. And Paul George if they actually give Avery a call, because you know Paul George is going to push off about 100 times a game.

Saying we got no dogs....sorry Avery isnt acting like an asshat and mouthing off like Beverley but no one is going to convince me Beverley is tougher than Bradley on defense.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
x75274 wrote:
This win makes me feel confident against the Bucks as in we figured out how to play them. We havent figured out Boston and the Clippers. But Boston Im confident we can figure them out in a series enough to beat them. The Clippers is the only one thats really left.

The clippers are better than the Bucks in terms of they have answers on offense, more multi-dimensional attack guys.

Let’s see how we handle them.

Bucks swept the clippers!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
x75274 wrote:
This win makes me feel confident against the Bucks as in we figured out how to play them. We havent figured out Boston and the Clippers. But Boston Im confident we can figure them out in a series enough to beat them. The Clippers is the only one thats really left.

The clippers are better than the Bucks in terms of they have answers on offense, more multi-dimensional attack guys.

They sure did Harlem but let’s state the obvious,

Kawhi >>>>>> Freek

With that said I still believe Giannis is great and will continue to get better and hopefully develops a better mid range but Kawhi is light years ahead and Lebron and AD definitely knows this.

Let’s get Ready to Rumble!!!!!!!! πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺ
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Find it hilarious Kuzma still being ass as usual. Got carried by the bench. No wonder Caruso led the team to victory in the fourth. Now Lebron and AD and the bench gotta carry this idiot to the finals.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
x75274 wrote:

For sure, but I’m just saying from offensive firepower standpoint.

Also, if AD can do this against the Bucks with Giannis and Lopez twins then he can abuse the clippers. Let’s hope he’s ready to eat.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Can someone give me one decent reason why rondo is playing more than caruso

Caruso played 18 minutes, Rondo 12 minutes.

The 12 minutes are about 6 too many. If you want to play Rondo without Lebron for 5-6 minutes a game, that is fine, even though we are still better with Cook or Caruso, but he should never see time with Lebron.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Tie game at half, 48-48

Lakers really looked outmatched for a bit there, almost like they were up against the ropes when down by 9. But give them credit, despite having an awful 3 point shooting night, they have crawled, fough, and clawed their way to a tie game at the half - with AD barely playing (10 minutes)

Lakers are being beaten in pretty much every stat. Shooting only 35%, and only 14% from 3 (3-21). Outrebounded by 2. But for once they get to hang around cuz of FT. And really active physical D.

This is a very physical game, theyre getting punched in the mouth, but to quote Rocky: "It aint how hard you hit; its how hard you get hit and keep going"...Lakers keep going.

I feel good about where they are at as long as they keep this intensity up and relax more on their 3's. I watched Middleton hit a 3 with a very relaxed calm (and wide open) stroke. Lakers need to take their time, and take this in the second half.

Nice assessment πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ”₯

Love the Rocky quote too. You already know once those Trumpets start going off it’s Go time 🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Thanks and yes, get them trumpets going...!!

BLACK ROCKY

5:19

Just saw this - nice!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Tie game at half, 48-48

Lakers really looked outmatched for a bit there, almost like they were up against the ropes when down by 9. But give them credit, despite having an awful 3 point shooting night, they have crawled, fough, and clawed their way to a tie game at the half - with AD barely playing (10 minutes)

Lakers are being beaten in pretty much every stat. Shooting only 35%, and only 14% from 3 (3-21). Outrebounded by 2. But for once they get to hang around cuz of FT. And really active physical D.

This is a very physical game, theyre getting punched in the mouth, but to quote Rocky: "It aint how hard you hit; its how hard you get hit and keep going"...Lakers keep going.

I feel good about where they are at as long as they keep this intensity up and relax more on their 3's. I watched Middleton hit a 3 with a very relaxed calm (and wide open) stroke. Lakers need to take their time, and take this in the second half.

Nice assessment πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ”₯πŸ€πŸ”₯

Love the Rocky quote too. You already know once those Trumpets start going off it’s Go time 🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

Thanks and yes, get them trumpets going...!!

BLACK ROCKY

5:19

Just saw this - nice!

Love love love every Rocky movie and both Creeds.
Even Rocky 6 aka β€œRocky Balboa” which was the weirdest script
Antonio Tarver vs old washed Rocky

Sylvester Forever 🀘🀘🀘
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
We need QFTOS for this game

This.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
As much as I want Lebron to win the MVP, don't get your hopes up. Just saying, Giannis leads in practically every metric voters care about.

Nash won MVPs not because he was the best player but because he elevated his teammates better than any other player at that time. Interesting how the standard seems to have changed now. Lakers are in the negative when Lebron is off the floor and his team's on/off performance is a lot higher than Giannis when they are each on and off the floor.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:47 am    Post subject:

Very nice job tonight. That was a solid statement against the team with the best record in the league.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:18 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
LAKERS ARE IN THE PLAY-OFFS!!!!

πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»πŸ€πŸ•ΊπŸ»

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

I found this sort of odd and if anyone would care to address it:

With like 20 seconds left and the Lakers leading by 9, the Bucks intentionally foul Caruso, who makes 1 of 2 (10 point lead), then the Bucks get the ball back and dribble out the last 14 seconds of the game..

So why did they bother to commit the intentional foul and then just "hatch" the ball afterwards?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

With like 20 seconds left and the Lakers leading by 9, the Bucks intentionally foul Caruso, who makes 1 of 2 (10 point lead), then the Bucks get the ball back and dribble out the last 14 seconds of the game..

So why did they bother to commit the intentional foul and then just "hatch" the ball afterwards?

Here's my guess. With that much time remaining, they may have had an infinitesimal chance to win if Caruso missed both free throws and it's a 3 possession game. When he made one of the free throws it turned into a four possession game and they're lost their tiny chance to win so they just dribbled out the clock
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
As much as I want Lebron to win the MVP, don't get your hopes up. Just saying, Giannis leads in practically every metric voters care about.

Nash won MVPs not because he was the best player but because he elevated his teammates better than any other player at that time. Interesting how the standard seems to have changed now. Lakers are in the negative when Lebron is off the floor and his team's on/off performance is a lot higher than Giannis when they are each on and off the floor.

I dont think there is one particular standard like that. A lot depends on the competition for the award in any partcular year, so you cant use Nash in a vacuum as the standard for other years. I think Giannis -- with his stats and team record -- would have easily beat Nash in both years he won.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lojomedia/status/1236176583636832256?s=21
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Statistically speaking, no player is currently more valuable to their team success than Lebron James. That is certainly the case. However, Giannis could very well finish the season with the highest PER in history, DPOY, leader in defensive win shares, and the best record in the NBA. Lebron just got hella unlucky this year.

If two players are close, then narrative might seal an MVP. According to what voters are saying, that's sadly not the case... at the moment.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

im glad ad came thru in the 2nd half to quiet my ass
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

Good win. Bron spent a lot of energy last night to get the win. . He and Giannis put on a show. AD's two early fouls hampered him in the first half. He had a decent second half. Keef and Kuz hit some timely shots. Kuz's shot was off but his defense was solid. Even Rondo contributed with some timely makes. Bron's going to be tired today on the back to back. Now's the time for AD to do what's he was signed to do. Take up some slack when Bron's tired. Sorta like Shaq and Kobe. One would tell the other "I got this." OK AD, your turn to "get this."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

I guess the WCF would be like the real NBA finals, much like during the previous Lakers regime where the winner of the West is almost considered NBA Champion. AD was clutch yesterday. Need that type of game from him against the Clips. Kawhi is going to relentless just like Lebron so we need AD to be the difference maker.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

60-Second Recap: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Milwaukee Bucks

https://www.nba.com/video/2020/03/07/0021900939-los-angeles-lakers-vs-milwaukee-bucks-game-highlights
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

It happens all the time and it’s weird. There are a lot of times when it ends up messing with the spread or O/U.

I’m sure that sometimes it’s a player just not thinking and then after it happens, the coach tells them to back off. Other times, I think something else is going on.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I guess the WCF would be like the real NBA finals, much like during the previous Lakers regime where the winner of the West is almost considered NBA Champion. AD was clutch yesterday. Need that type of game from him against the Clips. Kawhi is going to relentless just like Lebron so we need AD to be the difference maker.

MIL swept the season series against the Clips. Including beating the brakes off them by 28 with Kawhi and George healthy. The WC goes through LA for sure. But I wouldn't say the chip does.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 64 of 65
Jump to: