2020 NBA DRAFT THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

So this Tyrell Terry kid is intriguing. He probably won't declare if he thinks he'll be a borderline first round pick, but I can dream.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I would also be down with Aleksej Pokusevski as a draft and stash.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
So this Tyrell Terry kid is intriguing. He probably won't declare if he thinks he'll be a borderline first round pick, but I can dream.

Yes he is a nice player. A lot of PG's possibly in this draft.

The De'Aaron Fox type - athletic. fast, quick, ability to finish in the paint and a workable 3pt shot - Cole Anthony, Kira Lewis who btw is still only 18 as a Sophomore.

The Trae Young type - average athlete who succeeds with great ball control, passing ability, body control, 3pt shooting and high bbiq - Nico Mannion Tyrell Terry.

This year there seems to be a higher amount of big PG's - L Ball, K Hayes, T Haliburton, T Maledon and I would include RJ Hampton.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

The De'Aaron Fox type - athletic. fast, quick, ability to finish in the paint and a workable 3pt shot - Cole Anthony, Kira Lewis who btw is still only 18 as a Sophomore.

The Trae Young type - average athlete who succeeds with great ball control, passing ability, body control, 3pt shooting and high bbiq - Nico Mannion Tyrell Terry.

This year there seems to be a higher amount of big PG's - L Ball, K Hayes, T Haliburton, T Maledon and I would include RJ Hampton.

Anthony's in the 7th %ile finishing at the rim, and given his jumper heavy offensive profile I'd lean toward him being more in the Trae Young mold despite Cole's athletic finishes in HS highlight reels. He feels very much like the Reddish of this class - very different players, of course, but two big name HS guys who are older for their class and have real trouble scoring around the bucket. Picking Anthony could really pay off if he's more like the guy he was in AAU/HS, but there's significant risk there since he doesn't have Reddish's defensive upside and positional versatility.

Grant Riller is a guy Mike seems to like based on his Twitter feed, and he's the kind of small school guy who could slip through the cracks to the Lakers. He's not a dynamic passer, making only simple reads, but he can hit a skip pass out of the PnR and is a dynamic scorer at all three levels who really puts downhill pressure on defenses. There's still some upside there if his passing continues to improve, but in the short-term he looks like the kind of sixth man scoring guard/off-ball PG who would really fit playing off of Lebron. And Riller shows some defensive aptitude and at 6'3 200 lbs he's not going to be physically overwhelmed like smaller scoring guards like LouWill.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I want to like Anthony Edwards more than I do. He was my favorite player coming out of high school this past year.
It's tough to explain. But I just don't think he's ties his offensive movements together as fluidly as I thought he would.

On the plus side, I do think he is a better shooter than his %s show. I actually have more confidence in him hitting step back and transition pull up jumpers in the pros than I do of him getting to the hoop and scoring efficiently.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

Anthony's in the 7th %ile finishing at the rim, and given his jumper heavy offensive profile I'd lean toward him being more in the Trae Young mold despite Cole's athletic finishes in HS highlight reels. He feels very much like the Reddish of this class - very different players, of course, but two big name HS guys who are older for their class and have real trouble scoring around the bucket. Picking Anthony could really pay off if he's more like the guy he was in AAU/HS, but there's significant risk there since he doesn't have Reddish's defensive upside and positional versatility.

Grant Riller is a guy Mike seems to like based on his Twitter feed, and he's the kind of small school guy who could slip through the cracks to the Lakers. He's not a dynamic passer, making only simple reads, but he can hit a skip pass out of the PnR and is a dynamic scorer at all three levels who really puts downhill pressure on defenses. There's still some upside there if his passing continues to improve, but in the short-term he looks like the kind of sixth man scoring guard/off-ball PG who would really fit playing off of Lebron. And Riller shows some defensive aptitude and at 6'3 200 lbs he's not going to be physically overwhelmed like smaller scoring guards like LouWill.

I believe Anthony will figure out how to finish at the rim similar to how BI developed. He has shown in flashes the ability to get into the lane and finish although I feel he forces too much at the rim whereas he should be kicking out or passing to a big/cutter. Has tunnel vision.

I haven't been that high on Riller as I viewed him as a good college player who I questioned if his skills will translate to the NBA.

For sleeper pg's I like what I have seen of Malachi Flynn and for a deep sleeper Jerrick Harding of Weber State.

Btw thanks for turning me on to Tyrell Terry. Caught 2 of his games and he is so smooth and never seems to force his shot or play out of control. With such a deep pg draft he should stay in school another year.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I want to like Anthony Edwards more than I do. He was my favorite player coming out of high school this past year.
It's tough to explain. But I just don't think he's ties his offensive movements together as fluidly as I thought he would.

On the plus side, I do think he is a better shooter than his %s show. I actually have more confidence in him hitting step back and transition pull up jumpers in the pros than I do of him getting to the hoop and scoring efficiently.

I feel he will really blossom in the NBA with the spacing and pace of the game.

Yes his shooting is inconsistent game to game which for comparison purposes is similar to THT's gleague season. However they both flash their scoring potential which gives hope they will develop into consistent shooters/scorers.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject:

Since UCLA basketball is on the upswing, try and take a look at Bruin WF 6'6 Jaine Jaquez, Jr. He probably won't declare until his junior season, but he's a stat sheet stuffer with a nice shooting stroke and functional handle who plays hard and mostly smart. He looks like he'll top out as a middling NBA athlete, but watch him as he adds strength - Mick Cronin always got his guys at Cincinnati in the weight room and Jaquez would benefit a lot from some more muscle mass.

I think he's a fun guy to watch if you like college basketball and he could be a future late 1st round pick for the Lakers.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: 2020 NBA DRAFT THREAD

Quote:
Thread started awhile ago here:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=188606

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Devon Dotson

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-nba-mock-draft.html

Tyler Bey

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2020/

Aaron Nesmith

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2867871-final-2020-nba-mock-draft-before-the-new-year#slide0

Joel Ayayi

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-georgias-anthony-edwards-goes-no-1-followed-by-james-wiseman-and-lamelo-ball/

Ashton Hagans

Cassius Stanley please.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Are we pick 29?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Are we pick 29?

yes as currently projected...

next at 30 is Ainge
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

There was a 2020 draft thread which the mods moved to the NBA Draft forum. It currently is 5 pages long.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

True point guard, kid gonna be a baller!
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

I’m looking at like 5 draft sites boards? And all of them have us picking someone else. I just looked at CBCs new draft board. And how did Cassius Winston projected by some of being middle second round jump to 29 on this board and having Lakers taking him?

Is this kid good? Can we get someone at this pick who can help AD and Lebron right now preferably a shooter? Or we getting a G league draft and stash?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-james-wiseman-anthony-edwards-and-lamelo-ball-are-top-three-selections/amp/
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

Elite first step and ability to shoot spot ups and off motion. LAL is desperate for this kind of player, where the fit may be more seamless because the team specifically lacks these kinds of skills.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

USCnLakers wrote:
I’m looking at like 5 draft sites boards? And all of them have us picking someone else. I just looked at CBCs new draft board. And how did Cassius Winston projected by some of being middle second round jump to 29 on this board and having Lakers taking him?

Is this kid good? Can we get someone at this pick who can help AD and Lebron right now preferably a shooter? Or we getting a G league draft and stash?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-james-wiseman-anthony-edwards-and-lamelo-ball-are-top-three-selections/amp/

Winston is like watching Vanfleet. Strong PG, not outrageously skilled. Yet, a shotmaker.

I'm not the biggest fan. Think there's better.

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject:

If there isn’t a combine, little to no workouts, and abbreviated seasons to have evaluated draft prospects, teams are likely to have very different draft boards after the lottery. There has also been a lot of chatter that the draft is ‘weak’ which says to me that there are a lot of guys who are going to be late bloomers.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
If there isn’t a combine, little to no workouts, and abbreviated seasons to have evaluated draft prospects, teams are likely to have very different draft boards after the lottery. There has also been a lot of chatter that the draft is ‘weak’ which says to me that there are a lot of guys who are going to be late bloomers.

Basically teams have to go to virtual scouting, aka Draft Twitter.

Don't know about the late bloomer part either. Quite a few guys are physically developed, and that usually ties into to being a late bloomer, or getting NBA strength.

Feels like there's a direct correlation with being NBA body/strong and being a late bloomer as well.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Basically teams have to go to virtual scouting, aka Draft Twitter.

Don't know about the late bloomer part either. Quite a few guys are physically developed, and that usually ties into to being a late bloomer, or getting NBA strength.

Feels like there's a direct correlation with being NBA body/strong and being a late bloomer as well.

The better scouting departments will be the teams who will have the most success. Scouting virtually takes more skill than watching guys at a combine.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

FWIW it may be a higher saturation of players because of virtual scouting.

I have a few favorites but would rather watch near draft time whenever that is.

Otherwise, I'm still eyeballing Isaiah Joe, coming off injury. Needs strength. Worst case, you've got a Shake Milton clone. Best case, he develops triple threat skills and plays like a big wing based on his shooting.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
FWIW it may be a higher saturation of players because of virtual scouting.

I have a few favorites but would rather watch near draft time whenever that is.

Otherwise, I'm still eyeballing Isaiah Joe, coming off injury. Needs strength. Worst case, you've got a Shake Milton clone. Best case, he develops triple threat skills and plays like a big wing based on his shooting.

I haven't seen much ball handling from Joe due to his role in Arkansas offense. He has shown passing skills although I am not sure how he would perform initiating the offense like Shake did in college.

I do like Joe's teammate Mason Jones. He's a pure scorer who can get his own offense and has some play making skills. NBA athlete with good height, size and strength.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I believe the weak chatter is partially due to the top of the draft not having 2-3 prospects who could be considered as potential franchise level talent.

However this draft imo looks very deep with players 20-35 being pretty interchangeable in regards to talent. It is just what are the teams needs and/or values that will set their draft board.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Here's my top 30 at the moment:

Onyeka Okongwu
Aleksej Pokusevski
James Wiseman*
Kira Lewis Jr
Patrick Williams
Anthony Edwards
Grant Riller
Jalen Smith
Tyrese Haliburton
Paul Reed
CJ Elleby
Killian Hayes
LaMelo Ball
Devin Vassell
Trevelin Queen
Udoka Azubuike
Vernon Carey
Reggie Perry
Daniel Oturu
Deni Avdija
Isaac Okoro
Jaden McDaniels
Jah'mius Ramsey
Omer Yurtseven
Zeke Nnaji
Isaiah Stewart
Leandro Bolmaro
Kaleb Wesson
Theo Maledon
Xavier Tillman
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject:

Can shoot. Think he's overrated because draft class is so weak. Really need to see very dynamic ball handling to compensate lack of size AND athl issues.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject:

USCnLakers wrote:

I would ignore the current projections and look at players at 30-45.

Those sites are assuming everyone that's eligible will declare. They don't always. That moves guys 5 slots up.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 5 of 48
Jump to: