Michael Jordan's 20 page love letter to Actress Amy Hunter auctioned off for 25K

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Michael Jordan's 20 page love letter to Actress Amy Hunter auctioned off for 25K

I get shelling this out for a championship ring on the block but for a love letter of people you don't know? I can only imagine what a Kobe one would go for(if such a thing exists)

https://nypost.com/2020/06/01/michael-jordans-love-letter-to-amy-hunter-sold-for-25000/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Quote:
Michael Jordan’s 20-page love letter to Amy Hunter auctioned off for $25,000

The world already got to see the ultimate competitor side of Michael Jordan in ESPN’s 10-part documentary “The Last Dance,” but one fan shelled out over $25,000 to see a different side of the GOAT.

A 20-page love letter written by Jordan to actress Amy Hunter, who he presumably had an affair with, sold for $25,703 at an auction Sunday. The letter sold for $2,560 in 2014, but its value increased drastically following “The Last Dance.”

“Amy, sometimes I am the most selfish person on this earth because for one whole year all I thought about was Michael,” Jordan wrote. “… I admit I made a mistake, but found it difficult to change it. Let’s say I do change the mistake. You would not believe the problems we would encounter. It is unthinkable. We wouldn‘t have a pleasant relationship or a private one. Our business up for opinions by the whole world. This is a pressure I can’t live with.”

The letter appeared to be written a few months after Jordan married his now-ex-wife Juanita in September 1989. Jordan references his first son Jeffery, who was born in 1988, in the letter.

“Amy, if I was Michael Jordan, the ordinary man with a 9 to 5 job, then it wouldn’t be hard to admit my mistake,” he wrote. “But instead, I am the Michael Jordan who is put on the pedestal and viewed to be the perfect role model. A lot of people, not just kids, but whole families. Can you imagine the responsibilities I have to deal with. Not to mention a baby by a lady who I have loved for 3 1/2 years.”
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that's surprisingly low.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Low as in the amount it went for or that it was ever auctioned if its the latter I agree.

Then again given the drama Kobe went through with his own parents when it came to memorabilia this isn't too surprising if you think about it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

It doesn't strike me as low. It's not like this is some iconic love relationship that people talk about, like Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe. And I'm guessing the letter itself isn't all that interesting.

But there's really no intrinsic value to something like this. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Personally, I wouldn't give you any money for it
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Low as in the amount it went for or that it was ever auctioned if its the latter I agree.

Then again given the drama Kobe went through with his own parents when it came to memorabilia this isn't too surprising if you think about it.

No, the former. This is a part of history— worth much more than his autograph or a pair of game worn sneakers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

No, the former. This is a part of history— worth much more than his autograph or a pair of game worn sneakers.

I disagree with that. A pair of sneakers that MJ wore in an important game is a symbol of why we care about MJ. Why should I give a crap about his love life?

I'd rather have the basketball he sunk to win the finals than some love letter. In fact, if I could have the love letter for free, I wouldn't want it. I have my own love letters -- why do I need his?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I disagree with that. A pair of sneakers that MJ wore in an important game is a symbol of why we care about MJ. Why should I give a crap about his love life?

I'd rather have the basketball he sunk to win the finals than some love letter. In fact, if I could have the love letter for free, I wouldn't want it. I have my own love letters -- why do I need his?

You should put them up for auction.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Some things are private, my friend.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Some things are private, my friend.

Three fiddy for your best love letter... take it or leave it!
chosen valor
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Da Goat beggin' for a piece of dat azz...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: