BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
Would it be unrealistic to believe that the majority of the protesters will come back and help clean up the communities?

Not a majority, some maybe.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:
rioters kill elderly black business owner

nsfw

That's why I inked heavy heart and anger. Looting lessens the reason why people are PROTESTING. GEORGE FLOYD

Some of these rioters don't care about the movement at all. JR Smith beat the crap out of some kid who bashed in his car window in the suburbs for no reason.

Agreed.

The overwhelming majority of the rioters and looters are just young hooligans looking for a way to cause mayhem. The fact that some people on here were saying it's okay and it's not our place to say how they should protest is looking at it completely incorrect. That's making the false association that the protestors are one and the same as the rioters and looters. Maybe I'm the one that's selfish (yeah right) but unlike the majority of Americans that are merely inconvenienced from Covid, I'm a part of the 40% unemployed and small business owners that stand to lose possibly everything to flatten the curve. I'm willing to do my part on that but I'll be damned if my restaurant or any of the neighboring businesses are going to be sacrificial lambs for this movement and see our businesses burn to the ground.

My God this country needs leadership.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:

nsfw

That's why I inked heavy heart and anger. Looting lessens the reason why people are PROTESTING. GEORGE FLOYD

Some of these rioters don't care about the movement at all. JR Smith beat the crap out of some kid who bashed in his car window in the suburbs for no reason.

Agreed.

The overwhelming majority of the rioters and looters are just young hooligans looking for a way to cause mayhem. The fact that some people on here were saying it's okay and it's not our place to say how they should protest is looking at it completely incorrect. That's making the false association that the protestors are one and the same as the rioters and looters. Maybe I'm the one that's selfish (yeah right) but unlike the majority of Americans that are merely inconvenienced from Covid, I'm a part of the 40% unemployed and small business owners that stand to lose possibly everything to flatten the curve. I'm willing to do my part on that but I'll be damned if my restaurant or any of the neighboring businesses are going to be sacrificial lambs for this movement and see our businesses burn to the ground.

I believe you may be referring to something I posted in response to Lanny. It was a graphic that said something to the effect of "Now is not the time for white people to tell black people how to protest". That has nothing to do with condoning looting. It a matter of pointing out that one's perspective comes from the slot they are in within society and the baggage that comes with it is not the same for all.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:

nsfw

Agreed.

I honestly didn't have an issue with targeting the precinct where those cops served, or even cop vehicles, and I get a bit of frustration is gonna leak out in other ways. The break windows and take stuff crowd isn't actually part of the protest, and in many cases is proving to be people who (like the Brown Shirts in 1930's Germany) are there to try and destroy the protest through violence.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
C M B wrote:

nsfw

Agreed.

I believe you may be referring to something I posted in response to Lanny. It was a graphic that said something to the effect of "Now is not the time for white people to tell black people how to protest". That has nothing to do with condoning looting. It a matter of pointing out that one's perspective comes from the slot they are in within society and the baggage that comes with it is not the same for all.

That's fair and I think I came across way too combatively (it's a weakness I'm always working on). The anxiety of the last few months is really pushing me to the edge and I'm sure I'm not alone. Been fighting for months to secure a small business loan and it looks like we're qualified during this second round of funding. It's small percentage of what we asked for but I should look at the bright side. It's not zero. Things aren't all bad ole' JB.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, an African American friend, who is not physically marching (due to disability) but is organizing, told me that while much of the violence and destruction is senseless, and even though a fair amount of it is by agitators, it does seem to be the only way that non-black people identify with what the world is like for them on a daily basis. Your (general you, not for anyone specific) fear of you business burned and your life's work ruined is a snapshot of the fear of black people each day in this country, and especially when confronted by police. So while he doesn't support the looting and burning, he says there is some sense of perhaps its necessity.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

House Judiciary Committee Takes On Barr
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That's fair and I think I came across way too combatively (it's a weakness I'm always working on). The anxiety of the last few months is really pushing me to the edge and I'm sure I'm not alone. Been fighting for months to secure a small business loan and it looks like we're qualified during this second round of funding. It's small percentage of what we asked for but I should look at the bright side. It's not zero. Things aren't all bad ole' JB.

I didn't take it as combative at all. I was just clarifying the point of the comment.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Why were the DC Police so rude and afraid to communicate with the Protestors?

Even I can write something this simple that would have led to nothing but simple respect.. arrgh.
Quote:

"Ma'am, Sir, The President of the United States is going to be walking through this area and the Secret Service and us included need to ensure it is safe for his travel. I am asking for you and all in this area to please move back behind that yellow rope over there we have setup at a safe distance. Please do comply with this order or we will be forced to physically remove you.
As soon as we are done you may return to your previous area. Thank you."

Even though it seems like something their normal ugliness could do...

Someone picked this crew who will now HURT AMERICANS AT WILL and Trump potentially gave them orders to rough them up etc.. All staged and all vicious cruelty that tries to change the Heart of American Identity

My Favorite Dictator

Only leaders in the world who half assed like our President are dictators

Published on
Tuesday, June 02, 2020
by
Common Dreams
'He Must Resign': Attorney General Barr Personally Ordered Police Assault on Peaceful DC Protesters, Report Says
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/02/he-must-resign-attorney-general-barr-personally-ordered-police-assault-peaceful-dc

Quote:
"The attorney general conferred with law enforcement officials on the ground, which the official said is captured in a video of the incident," the Post reported. "He conferred with them to check on the status and basically said: 'This needs to be done. Get it done,' the Justice Department official said."

National Guard soldiers and police proceeded to club peaceful protesters with batons and fire tear gas canisters into crowds as Trump delivered a speech on the nationwide uprising sparked by the killing of George Floyd. The New York Times reported Tuesday that Barr "had strolled to the edge of the police line to observe the crowd in the minutes before the tear-gassing began."

Probably "get it done in the next 10 minutes" and added how etc.. no way did they just go clubbing unless someone hand picked a bunch of Chauvins
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Excellent and glad to see they are using the "power of the purse" to cut DOJ budget.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Don't they have to get by Moscow Mitch? Also they have to convince Republicans. Not gonna happen.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:
Would it be unrealistic to believe that the majority of the protesters will come back and help clean up the communities?

It has been happening.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

100K people die from a pandemic.
> No curfew

People protesting for AA rights.
>Strict curfews across the country.

These national guard soldiers should've been out here months ago testing and contact tracing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

When it's lives on the line (pandemic). It's "get back to work".

When it's property on the line (protests). It's "get in your house or we'll shoot you".
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Floyd family lawyer indicates there will he charges against the other three cops.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject:

People Say Pallets Of Bricks Are Showing Up Near Protests All Over The US. The Truth Is More Complicated.

As of now, there's no evidence to support claims of coordinated brick placements at protests

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/investigating-bricks-at-protests

Quality read...

Thorough and eye opening
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

This ties it all together....... and breaks my heart in so many ways...

"Daddy changed the world!"

2 Gianna's with 2 daddies that changed the world within months of each other.. I am speechless...

https://www.etonline.com/george-floyds-daughter-gianna-declares-daddy-changed-the-world-in-moving-clip-147566

Last edited by Murdock on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

I'm watching MSNBC. People are marching all over the world protesting the murder of George Floyd.

I don't think racism will be much affected in America. It's ingrained, has been since the country's inception.

I do think there will be a change in policing. Policemen are being fired on the spot. That has to be deterring.

George Floyd will become a page in the history of America.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Floyd family lawyer indicates there will he charges against the other three cops.

They say there will be an announcement this afternoon.

I've been wondering about the prospects of felony murder, although I don't know enough about it to know whether it'd be applicable here, nor whether Minnesota even has such a statute.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

I've been reading accounts from journalists and watching videos from the various protests in different cities. One thing is clear -- THE POLICE ARE OUT OF (bleep) CONTROL. They see themselves as para military and the citizens are the enemy to be dominated, demoralized and brutalized. This isn't about keeping the peace. The salivating, drooling anger and rage on the police side directed toward the protesters and journalists is about 100-fold of the anger directed at them. It's disgusting. And even the Democratic mayors praising their cops for showing restraint are full of (bleep). Have they seen the same videos and read the accounts I'm reading? Disgraceful.

About all I can say for the cops is they are equal opportunity bullies -- they are brutalizing black people, white people, brown people, young people, old people, men, women, regular citizens, journalists, they don't care. They got rage and they are taking it out on everyone.

Yeah, we have a few groups of polices taking a knee and marching with the protesters. They are the minority.

New Yorkers Said ‘F**k The Police,’ So The Police Rioted
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Watching MSNBC. Benjamin Crump the Floyd family lawyer, is constantly coughing. I hope he's not infected.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I've been reading accounts from journalists and watching videos from the various protests in different cities. One thing is clear -- THE POLICE ARE OUT OF (bleep) CONTROL. They see themselves as para military and the citizens are the enemy to be dominated, demoralized and brutalized. This isn't about keeping the peace. The salivating, drooling anger and rage on the police side directed toward the protesters and journalists is about 100-fold of the anger directed at them. It's disgusting. And even the Democratic mayors praising their cops for showing restraint are full of (bleep). Have they seen the same videos and read the accounts I'm reading? Disgraceful.

About all I can say for the cops is they are equal opportunity bullies -- they are brutalizing black people, white people, brown people, young people, old people, men, women, regular citizens, journalists, they don't care. They got rage and they are taking it out on everyone.

Yeah, we have a few groups of polices taking a knee and marching with the protesters. They are the minority.

The thing is, even the cops kneeling and marching, when interviewed, say they are doing it to acknowledge and protest the murder of Floyd. None of them are doing it in regards general brutality. I saw the police chief of Spokane, WA, whose department ranks very highly in shootings per capita, praying with protestors for the camera. But nary a word about how he’s going to change the culture of his department.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

There have definitely been some horrible things going in regards to how various PD's have handled the protesters. Saw a video this morning of Sheriff's in LA beating a detained person because they thought they were out sight. Another of police doing a "drive by" with a rubber bullet gun on a collection of teens just walking on the sidewalk.

However, there have been a few things that have been handled well under the circumstances. Last night there was a peaceful protest in Hollywood. A couple hundred people knelt in the street and officers stood peacefully by as it grew later into the evening and past the curfew. Eventually they calmly approached individual protestors and placed them under arrest. Every person peacefully complied and the officers continued to, in pairs, approach people and place them in custody. This took place slowly over about 45 minutes. No tension, no tussling, no aggressiveness or yelling to escalate anything. It was handled about as perfectly as you could hope or expect by both protestors and police. Hopefully we see more of that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The thing is, even the cops kneeling and marching, when interviewed, say they are doing it to acknowledge and protest the murder of Floyd. None of them are doing it in regards general brutality. I saw the police chief of Spokane, WA, whose department ranks very highly in shootings per capita, praying with protestors for the camera. But nary a word about how he’s going to change the culture of his department.

We have a toxic masculinity problem in this country. And police brutality is only one manifestation of the problem. And it's also linked to racism, sexism and bigotry. And that dovetails into the whole subtext of, "Make America Great Again." And the king of toxic masculinity just yesterday demeaned the governors for not being tough enough and ordered them to dominate the protesters. It's all of a piece.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

Amy Klobuchar
@amyklobuchar
·
11m
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is increasing charges against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree in George Floyd’s murder and also charging other 3 officers. This is another important step for justice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 27 of 76
Jump to: