Official General 2020 NBA Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Watched multiple games of Arkansas this year and Isaiah Joe just did not move the needle. He would occasionally flash but seemed to disappear for most of the game.

This may have been due to the offensive scheme where Mason Jones at times dominated the ball but his play was disappointing.


He was placed as more of a wing role and not counted on as an initiator like prior.

Even then, Isaiah has flashed enough for me, and brings instant gravity. Last year was an injury plagued year.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38783
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Oscar Tshiebwe will return for his sophomore season, withdrawing from the NBA Draft process, he announced on Sunday evening.




Back to Indy! Final 4 or bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 9289

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Noting the last draft that was called weak was 2016. Turns out there were a good number of high caliber picks, as there almost always are.

Quote:

Simmons
Siakam (27)
Ingram
Brown
Murray
Hield
Sabonis
Brogdon
LeVert (20)
Beasley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Noted weak because a lot of those guys needed years to develop.

Ingram
Brown
Siakam
Brogdon
LeVert
Beasley
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 9289

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

Good point. Relative strength of a draft often impacted by the readiness of guys to contribute sooner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26748

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Young guys who intrigue me and may be available at #29:

Aleksej Pokusevski
Tyrell Terry
Leandro Bolmaro
Devon Dotson

Older guys who intrigue me and may be available ar #29:

Grant Riller
Desmond Bane
Killian Tillie
Tyler Bey
Xavier Tillman

I think that's it unless someone falls unexpectedly. Young guys like Jaden McDaniels, Nico Mannion, Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey, Jahmi'us Ramsey, and Precious Achiuwa aren't worth a guaranteed four years, imo.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1958

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

I look at the strength of a draft based on the players potential long term outcome and this year looks strong in this respect.

Except for a few players in each draft it is unrealistic to expect tangible contribution from the majority of drafted players given their under developed physical stature and skills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Young guys who intrigue me and may be available at #29:

Aleksej Pokusevski
Tyrell Terry
Leandro Bolmaro
Devon Dotson


I've got Poku up to edge lottery and Bolmaro mid 1st.

I pass on Terry.


Quote:
Older guys who intrigue me and may be available ar #29:

Grant Riller
Desmond Bane
Killian Tillie
Tyler Bey
Xavier Tillman


Riller, Tillman

Bane

Tillie - too injury prone but has the right skillset.

Tyler Bey mid 2nd round.

Quote:
I think that's it unless someone falls unexpectedly. Young guys like Jaden McDaniels, Nico Mannion, Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey, Jahmi'us Ramsey, and Precious Achiuwa aren't worth a guaranteed four years, imo.


Nico, maybe McDaniels, and that's roughly it? I'm questionable on a lot of bigs.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 26748

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Young guys who intrigue me and may be available at #29:

Aleksej Pokusevski
Tyrell Terry
Leandro Bolmaro
Devon Dotson


I've got Poku up to edge lottery and Bolmaro mid 1st.

I pass on Terry.


Quote:
Older guys who intrigue me and may be available ar #29:

Grant Riller
Desmond Bane
Killian Tillie
Tyler Bey
Xavier Tillman


Riller, Tillman

Bane

Tillie - too injury prone but has the right skillset.

Tyler Bey mid 2nd round.

Quote:
I think that's it unless someone falls unexpectedly. Young guys like Jaden McDaniels, Nico Mannion, Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey, Jahmi'us Ramsey, and Precious Achiuwa aren't worth a guaranteed four years, imo.


Nico, maybe McDaniels, and that's roughly it? I'm questionable on a lot of bigs.

Terry may be too small to make it, but the shooting profile is sexy for his age and his nose for steals could make him a non-zero on defense. I'd easily take him at #29.

Any team that drafts Tillie is going to have to be invested in load management for a 22-year-old backup big, but 4-6 incomplete seasons of Tillie could yield more value than younger guys inevitably drafted ahead of him who give you two contracts worth of negative value based on dreams of potential. But I would rate Riller and Bane ahead of him... Tillman I'm less sure of, but they're close.

Tyler Bey > Saddiq Bey, imo.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I don't buy the shooting profile for Terry, because it's based on the idea that he can get open.

If he had Trae young handles, or some elite first step, then sure. But, that's not who he is, so play him off ball and run him through screens?

I can't with that.

As for Tillie, I'm okay with load managing a rotation player that plays half the season. He may not be a shotblocker, but he's 100% a unicorn. Switchable, verticality, and has a 3pt shot.

I don't buy Tyler Bey because he's a wing that barely shows the jumper and is playing 4. Saddiq, at least played against wings.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Tyrell Terry weaknesses vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdGkswDtSl8
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1958

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Aleksej Pokusevski is starting to win me over. I did not see any standout skill to his game at first glance but he has many of the quiet skills that makes him a really nice fit with any team.

Besides being 7'+ with very good length he stands out with his vision/passing, ball handling and agility/coordination. Shows a developing 3pt shot and being a weak side help defender with timing as a shot blocker.

I don't believe he will ever be a force in the paint as he does not have the lower base to anchor.

I feel he is one of those who would have benefited from either a pro day or working out with individual teams and possibly elevated into a clear lottery pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 1958

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject:

I have Jahmi'us Ramsey between 25-35 and I know the media experts have him considerably higher but I just did not see lottery level talent.

Yes he can shoot but he creates his shot moving side to side or step backs. Never really saw him create going to the basket or be able to break his defender down.

Don't believe he will standout defensively as he appears to have average length and not much flexibilty in his body movements.

He appears physically developed so not expecting much future gains there so much depends on development of his handles and learning how to become a better scorer. Can he be a CJ McCollum type player?

Not a lottery player for me but I would be fine if the Lakers drafted him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Aleksej Pokusevski is starting to win me over. I did not see any standout skill to his game at first glance but he has many of the quiet skills that makes him a really nice fit with any team.

Besides being 7'+ with very good length he stands out with his vision/passing, ball handling and agility/coordination. Shows a developing 3pt shot and being a weak side help defender with timing as a shot blocker.

I don't believe he will ever be a force in the paint as he does not have the lower base to anchor.

I feel he is one of those who would have benefited from either a pro day or working out with individual teams and possibly elevated into a clear lottery pick.


He's such a long term project, but this is a projection based on biometrics, role, and play over stats.

Frankly, I don't want him to be a paint player.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
I have Jahmi'us Ramsey between 25-35 and I know the media experts have him considerably higher but I just did not see lottery level talent.

Yes he can shoot but he creates his shot moving side to side or step backs. Never really saw him create going to the basket or be able to break his defender down.

Don't believe he will standout defensively as he appears to have average length and not much flexibilty in his body movements.

He appears physically developed so not expecting much future gains there so much depends on development of his handles and learning how to become a better scorer. Can he be a CJ McCollum type player?

Not a lottery player for me but I would be fine if the Lakers drafted him.


I'm anti Ramsey. He has strong pull up jumper indicators but CJ McCollum showed much more advanced skill with his handle. But, McCollum was elite in all sorts of shooting types, not just pull ups.

I actually have Ramsey 2nd round, if that.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6340

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

this is not a very deep class. there are about 12 pros and i think there are only 4 players with star potential - lamelo ball, anthony edwards, deni avdija, and aaron nesmith. bolmaro may have a shot here too.

reggie perry with our pick. everyone else mocked in the 25+ range sucks. you could talk me into paul reed or xavier tillman as rotation bigs, but i'd be depressed if we used a first rounder on either of them.

anfernee mclemore as UDFA.
_________________
substance over style
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
this is not a very deep class. there are about 12 pros and i think there are only 4 players with star potential - lamelo ball, anthony edwards, deni avdija, and aaron nesmith. bolmaro may have a shot here too.

reggie perry with our pick. everyone else mocked in the 25+ range sucks. you could talk me into paul reed or xavier tillman as rotation bigs, but i'd be depressed if we used a first rounder on either of them.

anfernee mclemore as UDFA.


I just want Isaiah Joe at 25. If there's a 2nd rounder, Lamine Diane. Agreed about McLemore.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6340

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
this is not a very deep class. there are about 12 pros and i think there are only 4 players with star potential - lamelo ball, anthony edwards, deni avdija, and aaron nesmith. bolmaro may have a shot here too.

reggie perry with our pick. everyone else mocked in the 25+ range sucks. you could talk me into paul reed or xavier tillman as rotation bigs, but i'd be depressed if we used a first rounder on either of them.

anfernee mclemore as UDFA.


I just want Isaiah Joe at 25. If there's a 2nd rounder, Lamine Diane. Agreed about McLemore.


one other note on this draft. isaac okoro is one of the most obvious busts i’ve seen and anyone who thinks he is a lottery pick should never do draft evaluations again. flat out. he is not good at defense and his offense is completely rudimentary. he’s not even that good an athlete. just completely mind boggling t hat he’s a consensus lottery guy.

Achiuwa is worth a pick, knows what he is - makes good contact on picks and has good understanding of finding space and passing windows as a roll big, and finishes nicely around the rim. has decent enough handle and shooting form to project some skills. some montrezl in him but not as fluid an athlete. but i would bet that he sticks in the league.
_________________
substance over style
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I'm not high on Okoro at all. Kind of shocked DT is so high on him.

Not really high on Achuiwa but at least I get it.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2009
Posts: 6340

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

call me crazy but after watching a ton of full games of the top prospects, i think aaron nesmith should be the #1 pick. the guy knows how to move off ball, his shooting stroke is nasty off movement and off the bounce, and he has some post and shot fake and go creation ability.

his team defensive awareness is good too. the size, length, instincts, off ball movement and dynamic shotmaking all project to the next level in a way that is more concrete than any other lottery prospect imo.
_________________
substance over style
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61907
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

Reggie Perry is legit. DT mostly has him 2nd round because of decision making, like Randle level TOs. I don't even care that he's not even really an explosive athlete. It's a weak draft and he's legit.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB