Darren Collison interested in Lakers or Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
drae wrote:
Say that Darren Collison chose to return/sign on Feb 10 (a few days after the trade deadline) - the Clippers would be able to pay him $956k (counting as $604k on their books) - the Lakers would have $1.75 mil to pay (Cousins disabled player exception). Relevance TBD

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/1212839049745977344

If he's coming back for the money, that's a substantial difference.

Not once you include the Balmer special. Wink-wink
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
markjay wrote:
drae wrote:
Say that Darren Collison chose to return/sign on Feb 10 (a few days after the trade deadline) - the Clippers would be able to pay him $956k (counting as $604k on their books) - the Lakers would have $1.75 mil to pay (Cousins disabled player exception). Relevance TBD

Sounds gross. And illegal.
And unproven.

Side: I wonder if DC has even picked up a ball the last few months.
I'd think he'd have to play into shape.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:

And unproven.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
markjay wrote:
drae wrote:

And unproven.

Why? He’s been away from the game more than Melo. I mean, not saying you’re wrong, but, Melo didn’t even seem in shape when he was playing. Lol
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
drae wrote:

If he's coming back for the money, there are other teams that can offer him the MLE (I believe a few teams still have it for this season).

In fact, for all we know, he might just be using the Lakers and Clippers for leverage. Lord knows we've seen that show before.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
markjay wrote:
drae wrote:

If he's coming back for the money, there are other teams that can offer him the MLE (I believe a few teams still have it for this season).

In fact, for all we know, he might just be using the Lakers and Clippers for leverage. Lord knows we've seen that show before.

Yeah I could see him using us as leverage to secure the bag from the Mormon pro league
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
markjay wrote:
drae wrote:

If he wants to play for a contender and doesn't have a preference between Lakers/Clippers, money could be a factor.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
markjay wrote:
drae wrote:

And unproven.

I have no idea about DC but I would imagine he plays at least a bit. Ty Lawson was out of the league and one day he was at my local LA Fitness and I had to guard him cause I was the tallest guy on my team (6'4).
He killed me from 3 ( even tho I did score on him once, ha.) and a few months later I heard he was playing in some overseas league.
I would bet my bottom dollar DC is still hooping on some level...
May not be in the best aerobic shape, but if the hoop is 10 feet high where he plays, the shooting will still be there.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject:

Interesting. When Lakers lost 4 in a row, which included that frustrating "shoulda won it" Clipper game, no real peep about any consternation in the locker room. The exception was Kuz's trainer tweet, which was squashed by the team asap.

Clippers were just completely OWNED by the Grizzlies. Yes, PG did not play. But they were rocked sideways, blown out by 24, and have basically been playing .500 basketball lately...Montrez Harrel after the game says (from ESPN):

Quote:
Harrell, who led the Clippers with 28 points and nine rebounds, was also asked about the vibe in the locker room.

"I don't know, brother," Harrell responded. "I don't know. And that might be another problem right there."

If I'm Collison, I'm avoiding the Clippers when one of their longer tenured players is saying crap like that.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Interesting. When Lakers lost 4 in a row, which included that frustrating "shoulda won it" Clipper game, no real peep about any consternation in the locker room. The exception was Kuz's trainer tweet, which was squashed by the team asap.

Clippers were just completely OWNED by the Grizzlies. Yes, PG did not play. But they were rocked sideways, blown out by 24, and have basically been playing .500 basketball lately...Montrez Harrel after the game says (from ESPN):

Quote:
Harrell, who led the Clippers with 28 points and nine rebounds, was also asked about the vibe in the locker room.

"I don't know, brother," Harrell responded. "I don't know. And that might be another problem right there."

If I'm Collison, I'm avoiding the Clippers when one of their longer tenured players is saying crap like that.

Hopefully it's the vibe Dudley was talking about
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darren Collison on the “Minute til 6” podcast says he never thought about coming out of retirement to join Lakers or Clippers. The veteran guard called it “overhyped” as he opens up about that period and his future.

https://twitter.com/mhdachamp/status/1290435520099758083?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: