Dominos Vs Pizza Hut vs Papa Johns vs Little Caesars vs Costco Pizza
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject:

I used to eat pieology pizza frequently but haven’t had it for a while now, I have always wanted to try blaze pizza but haven’t gotten the opportunity.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
I'm sure you will like it. I like Tony's a lot more than the deep dish I had when I was actually in Chicago.

True Chicago pizza and "Chicago-style" pizza are two completely different things. It's actually not the deep dish that characterizes it. It's the fact that it is much more of a pie than it is what most people associate as pizza.

Tony's really does seem like pie, I'd say. It's so thick and rich and, as I said, a single slice is an entire meal. A large pizza is rather heavy (in weight) from there. It's delicious, seriously. The owner was born in Sicily. I'll link their website below; feel free to check out the "Press" link near the top for reviews.

http://www.tonyslittleitaly.com/

Omar, when I was in Chicago I had Lou Malnati's, which I understand is a chain there. Could be that their mom & pop chains are a lot better.

What about the fast-pizza trend, like Blaze, Pieology, or Pizza Press? (There's a Pizza Press across the street from Disneyland.) Those are pretty good, and better than the thread options, I think.

I like Lou’s, but I have to admit when I’m craving a Chicago deep dish, it’s Giordano’s stuffed crust.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
I'm sure you will like it. I like Tony's a lot more than the deep dish I had when I was actually in Chicago.

True Chicago pizza and "Chicago-style" pizza are two completely different things. It's actually not the deep dish that characterizes it. It's the fact that it is much more of a pie than it is what most people associate as pizza.

Tony's really does seem like pie, I'd say. It's so thick and rich and, as I said, a single slice is an entire meal. A large pizza is rather heavy (in weight) from there. It's delicious, seriously. The owner was born in Sicily. I'll link their website below; feel free to check out the "Press" link near the top for reviews.

Omar, when I was in Chicago I had Lou Malnati's, which I understand is a chain there. Could be that their mom & pop chains are a lot better.

What about the fast-pizza trend, like Blaze, Pieology, or Pizza Press? (There's a Pizza Press across the street from Disneyland.) Those are pretty good, and better than the thread options, I think.

I like Lou’s, but I have to admit when I’m craving a Chicago deep dish, it’s Giordano’s stuffed crust.

Yep. Giordano's is straight up Chicago pizza. Thick, heavy, tomato sauce on top. Gino's East is good stuff too. Going to the Magnificent Mile location is a must do experience. No reservations and you literally stand in line until there's a table (none of that "here's your pager" stuff), but they let you go to the bar and buy drinks to have while you wait out on the sidewalk.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

I saw a review on TV for Tony's a few years back (I think it was Burro's Bites) and checked it out on Yelp.

I'm not entirely sure I would like Deep Dish Chicago style pizza, and since it is about 30+ minutes away, takes a long, long time to get your order and is EXPENSIVE, I decided to forego trying it...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

I don’t remember when I last ate at any of those pizza joints. There are some good local options or more often I just make my own.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Yep. Giordano's is straight up Chicago pizza. Thick, heavy, tomato sauce on top. Gino's East is good stuff too. Going to the Magnificent Mile location is a must do experience. No reservations and you literally stand in line until there's a table (none of that "here's your pager" stuff), but they let you go to the bar and buy drinks to have while you wait out on the sidewalk.

Yeah, love the crust at Geno's East.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

giordano's is not horrible ordered from them frozen btw
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
giordano's is not horrible ordered from them frozen btw

Yeah, I do that every so often
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Definitely gonna head out to Chicago in the future to try out there deep dish which is obviously the place were it originated from.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: