CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
wsjan wrote:
I doubt the Thunder want anything we have to offer other than LeBron or AD, and we lack 1st round picks to trade.

we are not talking about the 2005 CP3 here. we are talking about a 35year old injury prone CP3 who is owed >85m over next 2 years

despite how well CP3 played, he is actually a NEGATIVE asset due to his salary

And I only see the Knicks and Bucks as potential trade fits. And The bucks might say no due to his salary but I think they would be desperate due to Giannis free agency.

The Sixers dont have the salary to match unless someone is taking on Horford or Tobias.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
wsjan wrote:
I doubt the Thunder want anything we have to offer other than LeBron or AD, and we lack 1st round picks to trade.

we are not talking about the 2005 CP3 here. we are talking about a 35year old injury prone CP3 who is owed >85m over next 2 years

And I only see the Knicks and Bucks as potential trade fits. And The bucks might say no due to his salary but I think they would be desperate due to Giannis free agency.

The Sixers dont have the salary to match unless someone is taking on Horford or Tobias.

Even if the Bucks do want CP3, I can see OKC preferring the Lakers deal because Kuzma is a better asset than Bledsoe.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Does adding CP3 make banner #18 more likely or less likely? That is the only questions that should matter. IMO it is a clear and categorical yes, so IDGAF about salary, or whatever else, get this done and let's go get #18
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
wsjan wrote:

His salary is not the relevant point. Of course he's overpaid. However, he is a highly-impactful player on the court, and we don't have a realistic avenue of signing one in free agency this year, obviously. So the relevant questions are whether or not he would fit in from an on-court standpoint (I think that answer is clearly yes), and, more importantly, would we have to gut the team to get him and is it then worth that? So it depends on who goes out in a trade and who we are able to retain and/or sign with our exceptions. For example, if we can't use the full MLE, that could be an issue, as could potentially being hard-capped, stuff like that.

His injury history is also clearly relevant. I just don't think his salary is. From an ability standpoint, he'll still be a really good player for the next two seasons, and if you believe that we should be targeting 2022 free agency instead of 2021, he would fit the timeline. Again, it just depends on what the rest of the roster would/could look like.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Noel/Dwight/Boogie
AD/Kuz/Dudley
LeBron/Harkless/Korver
KCP/Waiters/THT
CP3/Caruso

You say no to that team?

There is just no way the Lakers are getting CP3 without trading Kuzma.

???
AD/??
Lebron
KCP/ Caruso
CP3/

Lakers would then only have the tax-payer MLE and vet min to add player. Hopefully you'd be able to resign Dwight and add Boogie, but you'd really need to find 2-3 wings to replace DG/Bradley/Kuzma.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Legit Cp3 contingency or is this story out now to get Presti to pull the trigger on a deal and/or lessen Okc’s trade demands for him.

Either way, there is rapport with Detroit’s Tellem being that he once repped Kob before Rob did. They did us a solid in buying out Kieff to help counter missing out on Mook...but maybe that’s for the solid we gave them in giving up Svi/future 2nd for Bullocks.

Well either way, there is a familiarity between our organizations and maybe Mr. Flintstone can go back home and make all his HS ex’s bedrock

Quote:
“I think both sides were reluctant when they went into in January, February,” one general manager told Heavy.com. “I don’t think the Lakers wanted to make a major move because they thought they could do something on the buyout market. And I don’t think the Pistons wanted to make a major move because Derrick was happy there. You know, the Lakers wanted to be involved in case the Clippers got involved or someone else, the Bucks or the Nuggets, whoever. So there was interest but not too serious. Now, everything has shifted a little. Now, they’re both in a position to where a deal is much more likely now.”

Quote:
They were reluctant to give up Rose last year because of his connection to Pistons’ front office exec Arn Tellem, who was Rose’s agent. The Lakers considered dealing him for Alex Caruso and a draft pick last year, but those talks never really got off the ground.

The Pistons wanted Kyle Kuzma and, even if the Lakers had offered that, Detroit would have remained reluctant to give up Rose. Not only did Rose want to stay put, but the Pistons knew he would add to his value as a trade chip around the draft by playing out the season and getting him back on the trade market in the offseason.

Quote:
The Lakers, meanwhile, are in more serious need of guard help now that the guard combo of Rajon Rondo and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has opted out of their contracts and will hit free agency. The Lakers could bring back one or both of those players, or they could look to upgrade in the backcourt.

It is possible that Rondo comes back, if he can accept a one-year deal. Caldwell-Pope is a trickier proposition because he warrants a longer contract and the Lakers would be reluctant to give him one.

Kuzma could be the answer. With Kuzma slated to hit restricted free agency next offseason, the Lakers will be more willing to move him. L.A. is hopeful of keeping its cap space clear for the 2021 free-agent market and signing Kuzma to a deal beyond his rookie contract would eat into that space and hurt L.A.’s chance of landing a free agent like Giannis Antetokounmpo or Bradley Beal.

https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/derrick-rose-pistons-trade/

Ah the 2021 plan. I think it was the Final’s MVP that said he wanted “his damn respect too!” So let’s honor it by having him opt out to re-up at less than his max so that Giannis can get his. And folks that is the ONLY way it can happen too...Bron or AD or both would have to take a cut off their true annual max so that Giannis (or Beal or whoever could get their max deal). So disrespectful! Not really trying to be discouraging, but we really got to consider the optics and the practicality of a 2021 Giannis plan. I still relieve he’s Miami bound and we’ll get a real good hint of it if Bam doesn’t sign his extension this offseason and elects to push it off for next offseason. Bam and Giannis share an agent and we’ve all seen how klutch a dynamic can Be between players that share the same agent.

Also in case you guys are curious, Kuz can sign an extension this summer and still get dealt, but it won’t reflect the new amount he signs for. So unlike Kcp who we can use a new deal to salary match with in a trade, Kuz’s number would still be 3.6m. Also an extend-and-trade holds no real value to a player since it is only limited to a max of 3 years. Kuz can make way more money by signing an extension with his new team (ie see Harden’s Houston extension after he was dealt there still on his rookie contract.)
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject:

Quick thing regarding the CP3 situation - AD and KCP are definitely opting out it sounds like, which will gives us a bit of cap room. I’m assuming we have bird rights on both of them, so does this mean we can trade for CP3 first while eating into some cap space, before going over the cap to sign AD and KCP?

I don’t see any other way how a CP3 trade can be completed
#18 next...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Does adding CP3 make banner #18 more likely or less likely? That is the only questions that should matter. IMO it is a clear and categorical yes, so IDGAF about salary, or whatever else, get this done and let's go get #18

For playoff, I think for sure, all excellent defenders, all can spread the floor
CP3 - KCP (Caruso) - LeBron - Morris - AD
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Quick thing regarding the CP3 situation - AD and KCP are definitely opting out it sounds like, which will gives us a bit of cap room. I’m assuming we have bird rights on both of them, so does this mean we can trade for CP3 first while eating into some cap space, before going over the cap to sign AD and KCP?

Link to Laker salary tracker

Actually, AD and KCP opting out doesn't provide any additional cap room until the Lakers waive their rights to them. Until they waive those rights, I believe that the cap hold for both players will be 150% of their previous salaries (according to Wikipedia).
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Actually, AD and KCP opting out doesn't provide any additional cap room until the Lakers waive their rights to them. Until they waive those rights, I believe that the cap hold for both players will be 150% of their previous salaries (according to Wikipedia).

It says there that Morris' cap hold is 3.3M. How much can we offer him without using the MLE?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
governator wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
I just think green, kuzma, #28 can get a good player that’ll be healthy and explosive

Obviously Bradley Beal isn’t walking through that door unless someone in Washington is drunk.

But I’m sure there’s a player out there that can flat score

We need scoring not ball dominance

Paul holds the ball way too long, there’s a reason why rondo fits with the 2008 Celtics and the 2020 lakers

He moves quickly and judiciously, sets up offense, gets the ball out of his hands. I don’t trust Paul to stay healthy at all. At his price tag. I just feel like there’s gotta be another player out there more accurate to what the lakers need

Lavine be nice for DG/Kuz/#28 but not sure that's who LeBron wants

Please give me one good and logical reason for the Bulls to do this deal?

Maybe not this one

But I don’t think Lavine is an extremely coveted player, his contract is up in 2 years and I don’t see them re-upping him

May as well cheapen your salary long term and not lose him for anything. He’s a fringe all star at best

Granted I doubt the lakers have the best offer for Lavine. Feel like the pelicans might even

The Bulls replaced their head coach to make Lavine happy. It seems that they value him highly.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
governator wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
I just think green, kuzma, #28 can get a good player that’ll be healthy and explosive

Obviously Bradley Beal isn’t walking through that door unless someone in Washington is drunk.

But I’m sure there’s a player out there that can flat score

We need scoring not ball dominance

Paul holds the ball way too long, there’s a reason why rondo fits with the 2008 Celtics and the 2020 lakers

He moves quickly and judiciously, sets up offense, gets the ball out of his hands. I don’t trust Paul to stay healthy at all. At his price tag. I just feel like there’s gotta be another player out there more accurate to what the lakers need

Lavine be nice for DG/Kuz/#28 but not sure that's who LeBron wants

Please give me one good and logical reason for the Bulls to do this deal?

Maybe not this one

But I don’t think Lavine is an extremely coveted player, his contract is up in 2 years and I don’t see them re-upping him

May as well cheapen your salary long term and not lose him for anything. He’s a fringe all star at best

Granted I doubt the lakers have the best offer for Lavine. Feel like the pelicans might even

The Bulls replaced their head coach to make Lavine happy. It seems that they value him highly.

They replaced their coach because he sucked.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.

Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes

TBH I would rather have CP3 over Giannis we already have something better than him and it's AD3

Ok, we're all entitled to our own opinion, I get that...But some opinions do just need to be ridiculed...like yours.

I'm not sure which opinion is worse...that AD3 is better than Giannis or that you'd prefer CP3 over Giannis. Both are stoooopid mate.

Ok, carry on.

Wait what?

You know you are on Lakers board right?

Giannis game has a lot of deficiencies. He almost got swept out of the second round!!

Whatever bloated regular season numbers he put up it’s far from crazy to say AD is the better player. I would pick him over Giannis to start a franchise.

And he would be an awkward fit on this team. Of course Giannis is the better player over CP3 but Chris Paul is the better fit.

Put it this way ... a core of CP3, Lebron, and AD still beats Giannis on the Heat with Jimmy or the Mavs with Luka and it ain’t all that close.

Look, I love me some AD... but I guaran-(bleep)-ty that every single GM in the league, including Pelinka would start their franchise with Giannis. And any fan suggesting they'd do otherwise is just an ill-informed homer.

With regards to fit. HAHAHA.. yes, I guess.... but... you don't fit Giannis in a team, you fit a team around him! Giannis IS THE FIT! HE FITS ON EVERY TEAM! PERIOD!

Put it this way....CP3, Lebron and AD is definitely an upgrade over this years Lakers team, but it certainly WOULD NOT be the same level of upgrade as Giannis to the Heat or Mavs !!! Both those teams would actually close the lead (if not surpass) on the Lakers even with CP3.

Look, I get it, fans tend to overvalue their own team's players, and undervalue everyone else...but come... let's not get silly.... LG is better than that!

I guess. I mean all I know is he got sent home in the second round back to back years. First by Kawhi and then by Jimmy Buckets and this year was just embarrassing. They had to play super hard to avoid getting swept.

It would help if he could I don’t know shoot the ball or something. Chris Paul on this team next year takes any team in the league.

And after? I don’t care where Giannis goes or who he plays with I think we get Bradley Beal as a free agent in 2022 and even with 38 yr old Bron we can take anyone in the league. I like AD’s game over Giannis.

And an AD-led team made the second round once.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

It says there that Morris' cap hold is 3.3M. How much can we offer him without using the MLE?

We don't have any of his rights. So unless we use cap space or an exception, all we can offer him is the veteran's minimum.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

True. Their opting out actually gives us less cap space until we renounce them, they resign, or sign with someone else.

Making a trade for Paul will require us to give up Green, Kuzma, Cook, McGee, and Bradley and/or KCP to balance the salaries.

Last edited by activeverb on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

U think Giannis is better than AD, VLF? I think AD has proven he has a legit claim to be called best player in league with the bubble play
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

Spending more for a player who can enhance Lebron’s last years makes sense. If Paul is that player and OKC makes him available, the Lakers have to make a bid.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

That would be relevant if AD and Giannis played with the exact same teammates. Since they didn't it's apples to oranges.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

That would be relevant if AD and Giannis played with the exact same teammates. Since they didn't it's apples to oranges.

does east vs west still count? Bron kinda killed that argument
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

More importantly one team had to go through GS, the other didn't.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

you guys still falling for the clipper troll?

come on guys, you smarter then that
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

U think Giannis is better than AD, VLF? I think AD has proven he has a legit claim to be called best player in league with the bubble play

I wouldn’t limit it to an invitational, looking at the season I think that Giannis was the best player this past season.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.

Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes

TBH I would rather have CP3 over Giannis we already have something better than him and it's AD3

Ok, we're all entitled to our own opinion, I get that...But some opinions do just need to be ridiculed...like yours.

I'm not sure which opinion is worse...that AD3 is better than Giannis or that you'd prefer CP3 over Giannis. Both are stoooopid mate.

Ok, carry on.

Wait what?

You know you are on Lakers board right?

Giannis game has a lot of deficiencies. He almost got swept out of the second round!!

Whatever bloated regular season numbers he put up it’s far from crazy to say AD is the better player. I would pick him over Giannis to start a franchise.

And he would be an awkward fit on this team. Of course Giannis is the better player over CP3 but Chris Paul is the better fit.

Put it this way ... a core of CP3, Lebron, and AD still beats Giannis on the Heat with Jimmy or the Mavs with Luka and it ain’t all that close.

Look, I love me some AD... but I guaran-(bleep)-ty that every single GM in the league, including Pelinka would start their franchise with Giannis. And any fan suggesting they'd do otherwise is just an ill-informed homer.

With regards to fit. HAHAHA.. yes, I guess.... but... you don't fit Giannis in a team, you fit a team around him! Giannis IS THE FIT! HE FITS ON EVERY TEAM! PERIOD!

Put it this way....CP3, Lebron and AD is definitely an upgrade over this years Lakers team, but it certainly WOULD NOT be the same level of upgrade as Giannis to the Heat or Mavs !!! Both those teams would actually close the lead (if not surpass) on the Lakers even with CP3.

Look, I get it, fans tend to overvalue their own team's players, and undervalue everyone else...but come... let's not get silly.... LG is better than that!

I guess. I mean all I know is he got sent home in the second round back to back years. First by Kawhi and then by Jimmy Buckets and this year was just embarrassing. They had to play super hard to avoid getting swept.

It would help if he could I don’t know shoot the ball or something. Chris Paul on this team next year takes any team in the league.

And after? I don’t care where Giannis goes or who he plays with I think we get Bradley Beal as a free agent in 2022 and even with 38 yr old Bron we can take anyone in the league. I like AD’s game over Giannis.

Could you remind me when an AD led team had the league’s best record and number 1 seed? I think Giannis had a little more help than AD on those Pelicans teams. It’s two years in a row that a Giannis led number 1 seeded team has been upset in the second round. Last year they got punked 4 in a row by Kawhi’s Raptors after being up 2-0. This year almost got swept by five seed. He isn’t joining the Lakers to play Dwight role on steroids. It’s completely unrealistic.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I guess if you want to ignore leadership, which I won’t.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

More importantly one team had to go through GS, the other didn't.

An AD defensively led team won the title.

Boy that must hurt for some.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 20 of 69
Jump to: