2020 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 298, 299, 300  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

They stick with Fairbanks and he closes it out. Rays advance to the World Series.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to the Rays.

I turned it off after the final out. It's enough to know that the Astros are out of the playoffs, but I don't care to see the Rays celebrate, bc our series isn't finished.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) off Altuve, Correa, Reddick and Gurriel!!šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ˜ šŸ˜”šŸ˜¤

Dusty is a former Giant manager but former Dodger legend so mixed feelings for him though. šŸ¤­
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
strong9 wrote:
It's all good. FWIW, I don't want to see Kershaw as a 3rd starter because I'm crapping on him. The reality is in high leverage situations with Kershaw our offense absolutely chokes and he is put in tremendously difficult situations. I'd rather he is a 3rd starter because it is lower stress and our offense doesn't meet an ace. I think the offense presses to support him. Like others have said, they need to stop putting him in GOAT or goat situations.

Would you let Kersh pitch tomorrow? Don't know baseball as well as you, so just curious on your thoughts on if we should bring him in short rest with the season on the line.

Absolutely not ... the game is simply too high leverage for him on short notice

Exactly. Unless youā€™re left with no choice, he isnā€™t coming in.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

Dusty is a former Giant manager but former Dodger legend so mixed feelings for him though. šŸ¤­

Cant hate on Dusty...such a great guy from everything i read and hear and a Dodger all star caliber player. Dusty to me was only eclipsed as a hitter by Garvey and Reggie Smith, with Smith being a tad ahead of Garvey for me
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Dusty had me last night when he said ā€œyou gotta love this....well some people hate this team...but you gotta respect this team.ā€ his ability to realize who he was talking about and address it instantly was great
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
strong9 wrote:
It's all good. FWIW, I don't want to see Kershaw as a 3rd starter because I'm crapping on him. The reality is in high leverage situations with Kershaw our offense absolutely chokes and he is put in tremendously difficult situations. I'd rather he is a 3rd starter because it is lower stress and our offense doesn't meet an ace. I think the offense presses to support him. Like others have said, they need to stop putting him in GOAT or goat situations.

Would you let Kersh pitch tomorrow? Don't know baseball as well as you, so just curious on your thoughts on if we should bring him in short rest with the season on the line.

Absolutely not ... the game is simply too high leverage for him on short notice

Exactly. Unless youā€™re left with no choice, he isnā€™t coming in.

Heā€™d be on 2 days rest after coming off of back spasms and a less than stellar start against a very good hitting team. Itā€™s just too big of a gamble unless weve exhausted Gonsolin and Urias and we need someone to bridge the gap for an inning before we go to Graterol and Kelly. If he was 100% I would support it but I doubt he is when he had to miss his start 5 days ago.

Any other time Iā€™d trust him because he had been nails until that meatball last year (the first homerun was a great pitch). He relieved in the 2018 NLCS G7 which makes me think Dave is gonna use him tbh. But who knows how the game goes.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Using Kershaw in a super high-leverage spot would really, really be the wrong idea. If we need an out or two and we have a lead of a few runs, that's one thing. I do not want to see him in a high-leverage spot. I can't watch that.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
You think we see kershaw tomorrow? ARod is mentioning it but Gonsolin, Urias, Graterol should be enough.

Please no more kershaw until next round when we have a lead in the series. Iā€™d take the combination of urias and gonselin as co-starters and see what happens.

I agree. I'd start Gonsolin and watch him closely after the first time through the order, assuming he gets that far. Then Urias backing him up and you go about it the same way, you let him go at least one time through the order and you evaluate after that. If they are both locked in, you might get 7-8 innings between the two. Or maybe you only get 6 total. If you have the lead, you live with that. Graterol should be available tomorrow for at least 25-30 pitches, so you might be able to use him for 2 innings if necessary. May only went 2 innings in Game 5 so he might even be available for an inning if need be. I would really, really try to stay away from Kershaw. Stop making him the savior; it's not even fair to him after all of his failures in do-or-die games. He should only be used if we've exhausted all realistic options.

Agree but key question is, does Kershaw start game 1 of the world series IF we advance. I don't know if we have a choice but I'd really like him to be a 3rd starter right now.

Waiting until game 3 to start Kershaw probably puts more pressure on him. If the team is down 2-0, he has to win. If itā€™s 1-1, itā€™s farther into the series and I think a win in a 1-1 series is more important than winning game 1 when itā€™s 0-0. Only if youā€™re up 2-0 is there less pressure on him.

When the series is tied 1-1, at that point it becomes a best of 5 series. Why wait to start Kershaw until then? Why not start him when itā€™s 0-0?

And itā€™s not like this team has a lot of great options unfortunately. One of the big weaknesses of this team over the years is not having a deep enough rotation. Itā€™s why I wasnā€™t happy when Ryu left, and was a reason I wanted Gerrit Cole.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

Ok, Dodgers gotta chance today...

Don't Blow It...!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Using Kershaw in a super high-leverage spot would really, really be the wrong idea. If we need an out or two and we have a lead of a few runs, that's one thing. I do not want to see him in a high-leverage spot. I can't watch that.

Yeah and I forgot about Kolarek too. So if we need a lefty to come in then heā€™s been the guy. Hopefully game 2 got all of the rust off of Tony and maybe even Walker can give him a pep talk since heā€™s been in this situation before. I just hope Dave doesnā€™t overthink it today.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

1 more...

And then, 4 more!

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

As Daveā€™s Sox said 16 years ago: ā€œdonā€™t let it get to 7.ā€

Well they let it get to 7. Letā€™s make em pay!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yeah and I forgot about Kolarek too. So if we need a lefty to come in then heā€™s been the guy. Hopefully game 2 got all of the rust off of Tony and maybe even Walker can give him a pep talk since heā€™s been in this situation before. I just hope Dave doesnā€™t overthink it today.

Kolarekā€™s given up runs in all 3 appearances this postseason

His numbers:

3 appearances
2.2ip
9 hits
5 ER
16.88 ERA
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

Cardinals fan here, I'm here to jump on the bandwagon and help push it up over the hill. Lets win this freaking thing. I want to see some World Series redemption for Kershaw after the astros cheated him out of it last time.

Lets see another 11 run first inning.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

May gets the start. Surprised, thought heā€™d be available in relief. But I guess he will be long opener. Then Tony and Julio after him. If they can combine for 8 innings thatā€™d be incredible. Then we can use Graterol for the 9th.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Cardinals fan here, I'm here to jump on the bandwagon and help push it up over the hill. Lets win this freaking thing. I want to see some World Series redemption for Kershaw after the astros cheated him out of it last time.

Thanks for your support. Hopefully this series ends magically like the 2011 WS did for you guys.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Kolarekā€™s given up runs in all 3 appearances this postseason

His numbers:

3 appearances
2.2ip
9 hits
5 ER
16.88 ERA

I suppose no longer being a LOOGY hurts his effectiveness...? I did not think he was that bad this postseason.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
May gets the start. Surprised, thought heā€™d be available in relief. But I guess he will be long opener. Then Tony and Julio after him. If they can combine for 8 innings thatā€™d be incredible. Then we can use Graterol for the 9th.

Yeah I gotta think Urias pitches 4-5 innings tonight.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

I thought we were dead in the water 2 days ago.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Ian Anderson with 15 2/3 scoreless innings to start his postseason career. End the streak!
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Ian Anderson with 15 2/3 scoreless innings to start his postseason career. End the streak!

Which means heā€™s due!!!

But in all seriousness, is this the first time two rookies have started a game 7 in the playoffs?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Game 7 Lineup:

Betts, RF
Seager, SS
Turner, 3B
Muncy, 1B
Smith, C
Bellinger, CF
Pollock, LF
Pederson, DH
Taylor, 2B

May, P
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Itā€™s amazing how Ian Anderson gets away with walking so many guys.

Postseason stats:

15.2 ip
8 bb
0.00 ERA

Reg Season stats:

32.1ip
14 bb
1.95 ERA

He basically averages 5 walks per 9ip

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 128 of 300
Jump to: