2020 NBA DRAFT THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
My top 5 shooters. Factoring in 3pt, catch and shoot, off pull ups, off screens. The only rank I have is Merrill as number 1.

Sam Merrill
Immanuel Quickley
Desmond Bane
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey

No Tyler Terry?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
My top 5 shooters. Factoring in 3pt, catch and shoot, off pull ups, off screens. The only rank I have is Merrill as number 1.

Sam Merrill
Immanuel Quickley
Desmond Bane
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey

No Tyler Terry?

He can shoot it well beyond the NBA 3pt line but I could not recall seeing much in between shot making especially off the dribble. He was my 6th choice.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I would take Bolmaro, he has some Luka to his game.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Draft and stash or bring him over?

If they use 28 I am leaning towards players who could play next year but a stash would be fine.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:18 am    Post subject:

A shooter who can play defense, or has the tools to play defense, will get minutes on a Frank Vogel team, especially if he's 6'3-6'5. Frank likes combo guards, that can shoot, But they must be able to defend.

THT will get minutes this coming season if he has improved his defense. So would a 28th pick, again, if they can defend. We should look at BPA, but our value on a player's potential should be very much equally distributed on his defensive potential.

You won't see a guy like Duncan Robinson get big minutes on a team like the Lakers tho, as good as Duncan is as a shooter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

Sam Merrill
Immanuel Quickley
Desmond Bane
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey

No Nate Darling?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
A shooter who can play defense, or has the tools to play defense, will get minutes on a Frank Vogel team, especially if he's 6'3-6'5. Frank likes combo guards, that can shoot, But they must be able to defend.

THT will get minutes this coming season if he has improved his defense. So would a 28th pick, again, if they can defend. We should look at BPA, but our value on a player's potential should be very much equally distributed on his defensive potential.

You won't see a guy like Duncan Robinson get big minutes on a team like the Lakers tho, as good as Duncan is as a shooter.

So basically, guys that would be Top 15 in a very weak draft.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Draft and stash or bring him over?

If they use 28 I am leaning towards players who could play next year but a stash would be fine.

I have him Top 25. Needs NBA strength, an idea on how to create an open look without being C&S, but for now plays like DeRozan without the shooting ability. He's like a weird, high motor, role playing version of Rubio.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Sam Merrill
Immanuel Quickley
Desmond Bane
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey

No Nate Darling?

He was in the mix but I also gave some weight to their draft potential.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

My top 10 defensive prospects. I will leave out Tyler Bey, Josh Green and Devin Vassell as they are well known for their defense. Tried to pick 2 at each position.

1. Nate Hinton
2. Xavier Tillman
3. Precious Achiuwa
4. Lamine Diane
5. Tre Jones

Consolation
Ty-Shon Alexander
Leandro Bolmaro
Ashton Hagans
Udoka Azubuike
Abdoulaye N'Doye
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Sam Merrill
Immanuel Quickley
Desmond Bane
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey

No Nate Darling?

He was in the mix but I also gave some weight to their draft potential.

I guess that was part of the point for me. If he's on the list, then, he's definitely worth the shot as a UDFA.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"TCU guard Desmond Bane interviewed with the Lakers, and feels like there was "mutual interest" during the call."

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1320751734000480256
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

Thought for sure Vernon Carey Jr. would be a late lotto pick, but some sites has him potentially falling to the 2nd round. Center isn't a real need for the Lakers and biggest knock on VCJ is his athleticism and length. But, feels like he can take advantage of defenses if they switch shorter players onto bigs, can pick n roll to the rim, can navigate from the high post, be active on the glass, has good hands, and run in transition. Reminds me a bit of Carlos Boozer offensively, but potential to improve and get better on defense imo. I think VCJ gets selected before the Lakers are up, but if he's still available at 28, Lakers should consider going BPA. Even though ideally they should go for a wing or guard, but getting potentially a young starting center in the late first round imo wouldn't be a bad thing.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Thought for sure Vernon Carey Jr. would be a late lotto pick, but some sites has him potentially falling to the 2nd round. Center isn't a real need for the Lakers and biggest knock on VCJ is his athleticism and length. But, feels like he can take advantage of defenses if they switch shorter players onto bigs, can pick n roll to the rim, can navigate from the high post, be active on the glass, has good hands, and run in transition. Reminds me a bit of Carlos Boozer offensively, but potential to improve and get better on defense imo. I think VCJ gets selected before the Lakers are up, but if he's still available at 28, Lakers should consider going BPA. Even though ideally they should go for a wing or guard, but getting potentially a young starting center in the late first round imo wouldn't be a bad thing.

Why would we want a small, unathletic C?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

I have him late 2nd to undrafted.

JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:

Why would we want a small, unathletic C?

He isn't the best athlete, but is quick and agile for a big. He's skilled offensively and can do a bunch of things offensively with and without the ball in his hands, while he has potential to get better on the defensive end, as even showed some ability to switch onto the perimeter as well. If the Lakers had a 2nd round pick would be more ideal to take VCJ there than at 28, but think VCJ will be a much better player in the pro than most anticipate he will be.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

Thinking that, if we don't trade 28 and we basically keep our roster as it is, we will probably need a SF/PF that can shoot (especially if we try to sign a SF/PF 3rd string defender that can't really shoot, a la Harkless/RHJ). I've been high on Tillie as a guy that can hopefully impact soon as a shooter, solid athletically too

Needs defensive improvement, but I see him as a poor man's Gallo
#18 next...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Thinking that, if we don't trade 28 and we basically keep our roster as it is, we will probably need a SF/PF that can shoot (especially if we try to sign a SF/PF 3rd string defender that can't really shoot, a la Harkless/RHJ). I've been high on Tillie as a guy that can hopefully impact soon as a shooter, solid athletically too

He's actually one of the best defenders in the draft.

He just needs to stay healthy. He's definitely not Gallo though.

alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Do you think he'll be gone by 28?
#18 next...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

I'll put it this way. If he's healthy, I'd also have him Top 20.

But it wouldn't surprise me if a playoff team picked him up and limited his PT so he could get healthier.

LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

But it wouldn't surprise me if a playoff team picked him up and limited his PT so he could get healthier.

Yeah I’m a big Tillie fan too. First round caliber skill level without question. I hope he can stay healthy.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

Yeah I’m a big Tillie fan too. First round caliber skill level without question. I hope he can stay healthy.

Yep, he already does what you want Kuzma to do at 4/3. I can easily imagine small ball lineups with Tillie and AD in the frontcourt and, it's totally switchable, with great verticality and rim protection.

I'm not sure he's ready for 24mpg at the NBA level, but man, if he could get through a playoff series healthy, that'd be a big deal.

Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

He’s not Gallo, but I can see the similarities. Tillie just has such a good IQ, unselfish, and can see the floor. He’s been a favorite of mine for the last year or so. Can’t remember, but iirc you mentioned him some time ago and got me initially interested.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Should I be excited about this pick? Or expect it to be traded?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Should I be excited about this pick? Or expect it to be traded?

Yes ! And maybe yes !
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 23 of 48
Jump to: