Hollywood Hoops: Making the Case for CP3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: Making the Case for CP3

Hey All,

This is a companion pod for my most recent article making an argument why CP3 makes sense for the Lakers. If you disagree - give it a listen and let me know if I don't sway you some. If you do agree, listen too!

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep 208 w/@JoshMartinNBA Making the Case for Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers @lineups https://www.spreaker.com/user/11494655/hollywood-hoops-why-chris-paul-to-lakers-works

Cheers,

EP
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Listened to whole thing. Great analysis.

If we do get CP3 how will his salary affect our ability to retain KCP, rondo, Dwight, Morris? There doesn’t seem to be enough money to give them raises to keep them? I know we have bird rights on kcp and early bird rights on rondo but hard cap of 139 million looms.

If we get Chris Paul will we even have ability to retain others or have to resort to vet minimum only to round out out roster?
HoumanMD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
Listened to whole thing. Great analysis.

If we do get CP3 how will his salary affect our ability to retain KCP, rondo, Dwight, Morris? There doesn’t seem to be enough money to give them raises to keep them? I know we have bird rights on kcp and early bird rights on rondo but hard cap of 139 million looms.

If we get Chris Paul will we even have ability to retain others or have to resort to vet minimum only to round out out roster?

I was wondering the same thing. The podcast mentioned that keeping KCP and Danny Green would make us hit the hard cap. But didn't address it with CP3. Not sure how you can round out the roster with minimums for players 5-9 and have a great team. Yes, there will be ring chasers, but there is no contingency plan, no back up. Doesn't seem smart
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

no hard cap in trading for CP3
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers - if they had a trade as described - would still have the means to retain all their free agents
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: