🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
It's time for Belichick to reassess where the team is at. It is in dire need of younger, talented players. It wouldn't be a bad idea to call around and see if there's a market for what he has left on the roster. Cam looked awful, but there is a lack of receiving talent at both WR and TE. That's what killed them last season, even the the GOAT at QB.

Cam was just an attempt at a band aid. They need to rebuild the team. Brady left for a reason.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
AB and TB12 reunited in Tampa Bay.

interesting since they can't even get Evans enough receptions. Has there ever been a more accomplished/talented set of receivers & QB in a 3 WR/1 TE formation?

WR1 - Mike Evans
Slot Receiver - Chris Godwin
WR2 - Antonio Brown
TE - Gronk
QB - Tom Brady

I get Brady and Gronk are not what they once where, and AB is a question mark....but that is still crazy star power on the field.

I don't think Evans is going to set the NFL afire this season. He's been hobbled with a bad ankle, which I suspect might be a high ankle sprain. He has a noticeable limp, and though I don't have the snap count in front of me, I suspect he's on the bench a bit as he has disappeared. Godwin is also a mess, between a hamstring injury and concussion. Scottie Miller, their WR#3 is injured, and of course OJ Howard is gone for the season.

Signing Antonio Brown was an act of desperation. It does make sense though, if Tampa Bay can take the burden off of Evans and Godwin. I'm not sure if either of those two will be healthy for the remainder of the season.

yeah, they have looked all kinds of desperate in recent weeks
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

interesting since they can't even get Evans enough receptions. Has there ever been a more accomplished/talented set of receivers & QB in a 3 WR/1 TE formation?

WR1 - Mike Evans
WR2 - Antonio Brown
TE - Gronk
QB - Tom Brady

I get Brady and Gronk are not what they once where, and AB is a question mark....but that is still crazy star power on the field.

I don't think Evans is going to set the NFL afire this season. He's been hobbled with a bad ankle, which I suspect might be a high ankle sprain. He has a noticeable limp, and though I don't have the snap count in front of me, I suspect he's on the bench a bit as he has disappeared. Godwin is also a mess, between a hamstring injury and concussion. Scottie Miller, their WR#3 is injured, and of course OJ Howard is gone for the season.

Signing Antonio Brown was an act of desperation. It does make sense though, if Tampa Bay can take the burden off of Evans and Godwin. I'm not sure if either of those two will be healthy for the remainder of the season.

I take it you missed the Week 5 Chicago game, when Godwin and Evans were both missing, which was atrocious. Evans, the WR#1, has compiled a grand total of 3 receptions for 47 yards for the past two games combined. He is also favoring a foot, which means that ankle injury is bothering him. Antonio Brown might reduce reliance on Evans in a couple of weeks, perhaps allowing him to heal up for the final stretch leading to the playoffs. My concern is that it might be a high ankle sprain which will take longer to heal, impacting his ability to run crisp routes.

Brady has been great at distributing the ball to the open receivers, he targeted 9 separate Bucs yesterday. But make no mistake, if Evans is physically compromised heading into the playoffs, it will impact the coverage, making it more challenging for the other receiving options. And if Godwin sustains a nasty injury, this team will be one and done in the playoffs, providing they do make the playoffs.

The Antonio Brown signing makes sense. Great if they're all healthy, but health is likely the biggest reason (other than Brady) Arians walked back his words on refusing to sign Brown.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

OBJ out for the season due to ACL injury. him and JJ Watt are the two media made "stars" that always hurt each year. OBJ is still living off of that catch from years back, and his on field antics are keeping him in spotlight, not his production. Watt is in the same boat, when was the last time he played a full season? his made for TV image made him for famous than his actually on field production. Aaron Donalds is 10 times a player as Watt, but he's flying under the media radar, I'm perfectly fine with that, just wanna vent that OBJ and Watt are the two most overrated players in the league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

Saints got a curse on them. Gurley tried to stay out of the end zone, his momentum took him in. No excuse, he had plenty of time to get down way short of the end zone.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Bolts may have found something in Justin Herbert.

Many thought that he would have the most immediate success because of the weapons that the Chargers have. Good initial impact but I think that Burrow is looking better.

It's not like Burrow is out there throwing to complete nobody's though. AJ Green still has something left in the tank, Tyler Boyd is really good, and Tee Higgins was a high round draft pick who is super talented. Plus he's got Mixon in the running game.

I wouldn't say that Herbert's arsenal of Allen/Williams/Henry is better by that wide of a margin. And the running game has been completely non-existent since Ekeler went down.

Both offensive lines are utter garbage as well, the Chargers haven't had Bulaga nor Trai Turner for 4 weeks now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

Updated NFC East standings
Eagles 2-4-1
Washington 2-5
Cowboys 2-5
Giants 1-6
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Updated NFC East standings
Eagles 2-4-1
Washington 2-5
Cowboys 2-5
Giants 1-6

Who woulda thunk it? Dallas has a chance to win the NFC East.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

WR1 - Mike Evans
WR2 - Antonio Brown
TE - Gronk
QB - Tom Brady

I take it you missed the Week 5 Chicago game, when Godwin and Evans were both missing, which was atrocious. Evans, the WR#1, has compiled a grand total of 3 receptions for 47 yards for the past two games combined. He is also favoring a foot, which means that ankle injury is bothering him. Antonio Brown might reduce reliance on Evans in a couple of weeks, perhaps allowing him to heal up for the final stretch leading to the playoffs. My concern is that it might be a high ankle sprain which will take longer to heal, impacting his ability to run crisp routes.

Brady has been great at distributing the ball to the open receivers, he targeted 9 separate Bucs yesterday. But make no mistake, if Evans is physically compromised heading into the playoffs, it will impact the coverage, making it more challenging for the other receiving options. And if Godwin sustains a nasty injury, this team will be one and done in the playoffs, providing they do make the playoffs.

The Antonio Brown signing makes sense. Great if they're all healthy, but health is likely the biggest reason (other than Brady) Arians walked back his words on refusing to sign Brown.

My suspicion was on target. Here's an excerpt from Peter King this morning:

Quote:

“What,” I asked Bucs coach Bruce Arians, “was the thought process on bringing in Antonio Brown?”

“Injuries,” Arians said. “I mean, we got two Pro Bowl receivers [Mike Evans, Chris Godwin]. We went to Chicago with none of them, really. They were hurt. And here’s a guy that’s a Pro Bowl type player . . . We’re on the hook for nothing in this deal. He screws up one time, he’s gone. I don’t think he will because he wants to play.”

All three of the Bucs’ key wideouts—Evans, Godwin and smurfy tough sprinter Scotty Miller—are playing hurt. Arians asked all of them before Sunday’s game, “What percent are you physically—what do you think, 90, 95 percent?” Arians said Evans (ankle) said 80, Godwin (hamstring) said 80, and Miller (hip) said 85.

“They’re hurting,” Arians said, “they’re playing, but they’re nowhere near full speed. I think we can get better and better.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/26/bucs-antonio-brown-nfl-week-7-fmia-peter-king/
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

^
Absolutely, this. Evans just isn't right. Godwin's hammy has been balky. If AB looks awesome, it even could give them the option to rest Evans for a couple of weeks, or Godwin.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

And now Godwin is out with a broken finger.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

Good win last night by the Rams. Goff is why after getting hit but the defense was tough. Foles flat out sucked, 5 TOs by the Bears offense and the defense outscored them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

Patriots having conversations with other teams about dealing Stephon Gilmore, per Albert Breer.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Patriots having conversations with other teams about dealing Stephon Gilmore, per Albert Breer.

It makes sense. Gilmore is 30, playing a position where cat-like reflexes, fast-twitch muscles and athleticism are an absolute necessity. He now plays like he doesn't want to be in Foxboro, and I don't blame him a bit.

The Patriots should be sellers, not buyers this week. They should try finding picks for Thuney and Gilmore. Though I'm in favor of keeping that New England offensive line together, Thuney is not worth the franchise tag. In my opinion, he was tagged by Belichick in order to keep Robert Kraft from interfering with Bill's attempt to get rid of Brady. Thuney is a damn good guard, and who knows, he might generate enough interest for a second round pick.

They should also see if there are any takers for either of the McCourtys, and perhaps Jonathan Jones if the price is right. That New England team has too many holes and is way too old at the core positions. It's time to rebuild.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Gurley's having a great game tonight. He's making up for the boo boo in the last game.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject:

The Colts went to the Motor City and showed Detroit real horsepower.

That game vs the Titans later this month will be huge.

Nice surprise to see the Packers lose.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

My guess is the Cam Newton experiment isn't going to last beyond this year in New England.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Bolts are surprising. I think they've found a QB in Herbert. Anthony Lynn is also a surprise. Many thought he was going to fall on his face.

They lost a tough one today. Broncos scored a TD with no time on the clock and kick the extra point for the win.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Seahawks at the top of the NFC!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

SAS's gonna have a blast with DiNucci's name tomorrow. It's not his fault for the game he's having. Dallas is a terrible team, both sides of the ball.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Tua looked OK, in spots. Kid hadn’t played football in a while (got injured during his senior season at Alabama), and in a crazy season with limited training camp and no preseason, I expected him to look rusty. I hope he can get stronger as he gains experience and reps. In the meantime the Dolphins defense is looking much improved.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Bolts are surprising. I think they've found a QB in Herbert. Anthony Lynn is also a surprise. Many thought he was going to fall on his face.

They lost a tough one today. Broncos scored a TD with no time on the clock and kick the extra point for the win.

Charger fans are calling for Lynn's head.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Chargers have a good roster, but Anthony Lynn might not be the coach that takes them to the next level. They are losing in the same fashion as last season, so a head coaching change might be in the future if they keep repeating the same results.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

Nick Foles has awful footwork in the pocket. He throws off his back foot, and does not position his front foot towards his intended target. There's no pocket presence either as he has an inability to escape pressure though I will give him credit for keeping his eyes downfield. Last, Foles also has an awful command of the offense; that drive-killing delay of game penalty was preceded by his left tackle yelling at him to get the snap off.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

The Patriots are crap, but the Bills are pretenders. The Bills looked like an up and coming team late last season, and early this season Josh Allen surprised me by looking like a QB rather than a runner and thrower. They've taken a huge step back as a team with a decent running game can cut through their front 7 like a hot knife through better. Josh Allen has regressed the past few games, his challenge is to regain the September form rather than being the athlete who can throw a country mile but miss by a country acre.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 13 of 335
Jump to: