Same people

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Same people

Who complained when we traded players and draft picks for AD claim that we traded too much for him are the same people who are now complaining about the new players we acquire during this off season. Yes we lost some veterans who help us win the champions and in reality we either had to bring the same team back and try to win another championship or attempt to get even better with a group that we may can match up with AD age and not LBJ. Rondo was not coming back for what we could afford and DH who knows what happened there, but DG is a veteran but was not good in the bubble and started looking like he was slipping in athletic department and Bradley he didn’t even played in the bubble and then opted out. Our future looks better now by these new players than it would have been if we stand pat.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

I get a good chuckle whenever I see a post from the good pastor
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
I get a good chuckle whenever I see a post from the good pastor
lol
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

People are complaining about our new acquisitions?

Granted, we took a giant step backwards defensively. However, we took 3 giant steps forward offensively. Our identity has changed overnight. We are a different team, but also a better team (on paper).
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Amen, Pastor! Amen!!
bbrawler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

Just to jump on this, I also have really been amused at the people who still continue to talk about how the front office sat waiting on Kawhi and we lost out on free agents last year. We won the championship..... hard to critique the front office. Things worked out fine for us.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

Granted, we took a giant step backwards defensively. However, we took 3 giant steps forward offensively. Our identity has changed overnight. We are a different team, but also a better team (on paper).

We also got younger. Rondo and Howard are good fit, but they're on their last leg, you never know what version you're going to get next season, especially with the short turn around. Getting Shoreder and Harrell allow us to load manage Lebron and AD while remaining competitive.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

All very true. There were many times where our defense was rockin, but it didn't matter because we couldn't fricken SCORE! and lebron and AD had to come back in Anyway. Hopefully we have the firepower now.

DocK36 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

We also got younger. Rondo and Howard are good fit, but they're on their last leg, you never know what version you're going to get next season, especially with the short turn around. Getting Shoreder and Harrell allow us to load manage Lebron and AD while remaining competitive.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Same people

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Who complained when we traded players and draft picks for AD claim that we traded too much for him are the same people who are now complaining about the new players we acquire during this off season. Yes we lost some veterans who help us win the champions and in reality we either had to bring the same team back and try to win another championship or attempt to get even better with a group that we may can match up with AD age and not LBJ. Rondo was not coming back for what we could afford and DH who knows what happened there, but DG is a veteran but was not good in the bubble and started looking like he was slipping in athletic department and Bradley he didn’t even played in the bubble and then opted out. Our future looks better now by these new players than it would have been if we stand pat.

Amen to that...!
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:

I don't think we took a giant step back defensibly. Rondo and Green were non-defenders. Howard was a monster, but only played 16 and 19 minutes per game during the RS and playoffs, respectively. Are we worse defensively? Possibly so, although adding three long and athletic players should not hurt. But a giant step back? No way.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

I don't think we took a giant step back defensibly. Rondo and Green were non-defenders. Howard was a monster, but only played 16 and 19 minutes per game during the RS and playoffs, respectively. Are we worse defensively? Possibly so, although adding three long and athletic players should not hurt. But a giant step back? No way.

I gotta agree with you. Wes Matthews is known as being one of the best defenders in the league. Schroder should be perfectly reliable on defense. AC may get more minutes this year and we all know what he can do on defense. Losing Dwight hurts, but let's see who the Lakers sign to replace him. As for Trez, I think he's going to surprise a lot of people on defense. His defensive numbers without Lou Williams on the floor were great last year. He takes a lot of charges and can switch off on wings. For the 1-2 big bodies that he can't handle, the Lakers will likely have at least two other centers (Davis and McGee or a replacement) who can play that role.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

In the playoff, Green was solid team defender and Rondo as well . I think our acquisition address our regular season needs but the playoff is more important. Matthews is proven at that end and solid pickup, Schröder was solid defensively in one playoff series, And Trez got cooked on a bad matchup for him. I think both Schröder and Trez have physical tools to be at least a decent defender but I want to wait for the playoff to gauge .
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

This!

Every guy we signed plays solid defense. Size disadvantages can be exploited perhaps but their effort cannot be questioned like it can be for DDR.

Give me hungry productive players in their prime over Rondo and DH everytime and that still takes nothing away from either because they proved themsel6when we need them the most.

Anyone saying Trez is a defensive liability doesnt watch the games.

If you put a 6'7" dude on the Joker and leave him on an island with Lou William's as his wing man the outcome will be ugly...that's not bad player...that's horrific coaching.

Which wont be a problem here.

#BannersOverBillboards
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Amazing coming from the most toxic poster in game threads.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: