Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

The VA is giving COVID-19 vaccinations. I called my VA case manager. She said the VA phones are busy, busy, busy. As soon as she gets some info she'll let me know.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

@LC & CL My case manager came through for me. I get my first vaccination Tues Jan 19th at 1:45 pm at the VA on Wilshire Blvd. My second shot is scheduled for Friday, Feb 5 at 1:45 pm the same location.

LINK For da slap up side da head. It pushed a stubborn ol coot in the right direcrion.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Jodeke:

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@LC & CL My case manager came through for me. I get my first vaccination Tues Jan 19th at 1:45 pm at the VA on Wilshire Blvd. My second shot is scheduled for Friday, Feb 5 at 1:45 pm the same location.

LINK For da slap up side da head. It pushed a stubborn ol coot in the right direcrion.

you can stop rubbing in how much longer you're going to live

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nice
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nice

Good for you J
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Excellent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

If we keep Jod alive through this, we’ve done our duty.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

400,299 <<<<<<<<<
...........................................^
According to worldometer that ^ is how many that have died in the US due to Covid.

Trump said that if we kept the deaths under 200,000 that his administration would have done a good job. I wonder what twice that would mean (yeah, I know, that he did a great job).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
400,299 <<<<<<<<<
...........................................^
According to worldometer that ^ is how many that have died in the US due to Covid.

Trump said that if we kept the deaths under 200,000 that his administration would have done a good job. I wonder what twice that would mean (yeah, I know, that he did a great job).

This is what "winning" looks like . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

If the number was 10 million, he still would have claimed he kept it from being much higher.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Today in CO...

Quote:
Polis says he is 'shocked' after learning there is no reserve COVID vaccine stockpile

COLORADO, USA — Gov. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) said Friday he was "shocked we were lied to" about the reserve stockpile of the COVID-19 vaccine, but said the state is still on track to vaccinate 70% of Coloradans over age 70 by the end of February.

"Today I come before you extremely disappointed that we were lied to with plans of the [Trump] administration to release reserve doses that were to be the second doses of the vaccine," Polis said during a Friday update. "I was informed today there is no federal reserve of doses."

https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/colorado-ccovid-19-update-jan-15/73-118c93fc-dd54-4cc8-a0e1-4a1b8585d26e

Can we impeach a third time?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump tries to claw back billions from COVID vaccine distributor

With mere days left in office, President Donald Trump has proposed $27.4 billion in brutal budget cuts—including clawing back 5.1 billion from global public health amid a raging pandemic. Of the proposed health cuts, $4 billion would be slashed from a vaccine alliance playing a central role in helping to distribute COVID-19 vaccines to low-income countries.

The proposed cuts are part of a rescission request, which has no chance of being enacted by Congress, as Politico reports. However, the proposed cuts—particularly to the vaccine alliance—are likely to add insult to injury to the global public health community, which continues to battle the out-of-control pandemic.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/01/trump-tries-to-claw-back-billions-from-covid-vaccine-distributor/

Pure evil
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

It's tough to care about the NBA when COVID is wiping out teams and schedules night by night.
People are talking about a Lakers/Brooklyn finals. And I'm wondering which star catches the virus midway through the playoffs and his team gets knocked out.

3 out of the 10 games tonight were postponed. Won't be surprised when it hits 6-7 out of 10.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
It's tough to care about the NBA when COVID is wiping out teams and schedules night by night.
People are talking about a Lakers/Brooklyn finals. And I'm wondering which star catches the virus midway through the playoffs and his team gets knocked out.

3 out of the 10 games tonight were postponed. Won't be surprised when it hits 6-7 out of 10.

The playoffs were in a bubble with no COVID infections. That may have given the league a false sense of invulnerability.

I think the players may not be following coronavirus protocol when at home or wherever. I think they're probably letting their guard down, not masking or following social distancing advice. Prolly gittin jiggy wid it.

The season has been truncated. It's now 72 games 10 less than the normal 82 but that's still a long season under these circumstances.

Players should adopt a bubble attitude. IMO completing the full season is a fragile expectation.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The playoffs were in a bubble with no COVID infections. That may have given the league a false sense of invulnerability.

I think the players may not be following coronavirus protocol when at home or wherever. I think they're probably letting their guard down, not masking or following social distancing advice. Prolly gittin jiggy wid it.

The season has been truncated. It's now 72 games 10 less than the normal 82 but that's still a long season under these circumstances.

Players should adopt a bubble attitude. IMO completing the full season is a fragile expectation.

There is another big difference: When the playoffs took place in Aug-Oct, the country was experiencing 40-50K new cases a day. Now, we have 200-250K per day--and growing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

There is another big difference: When the playoffs took place in Aug-Oct, the country was experiencing 40-50K new cases a day. Now, we have 200-250K per day--and growing.

Biden's gonna put the skids on that. Trump should be charged with negligent homicide.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

There will probably be a bubble for the playoffs....
It doesn't make sense for them to continue this current arrangement and put in jeopardy the biggest games of the season.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

FYI

If you are trying to get an appointment for yourself or for your 65+ parents in Orange County through Othena, they "release" appointments on the web portal every day at around 8pm. I was able to get appointments for my in laws for this coming monday, less than an hour apart. I probably could've gotten them the same times, but I bungled the login for the second one which cost me precious seconds and a couple of 15 minute appointment increments. They get snatched up that quickly.

pre-registration link:
https://covid19.othena.com/patient-registration/agreement

After you create an "account", sit on this page and keep refreshing. You can keep checking all day, but 8pm has been the most fruitful. I kept refreshing between 7:50pm and 8:01pm, and the "please check back" text turned into a drop-down appointment menu.
https://covid19.othena.com/login?redirect=patient-registration%2Fnew-appointment-booking

As of right now, the only mass site in OC is at Disneyland.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

If you are a Long Beach resident/senior, you are lucky. They are on top of the game right now with plenty of appointments for drive-thru inoculation, separate from what LA County is doing.

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

Took my mother in law to get her first vaccine here in Orlando. It was very well done and quick. They had it at the Orange County Convention Center here. She signed up online and got a QR code. Drove up, followed the signs, had the code scanned by a worker and they put another QR code sticker on her arm, pulled to a number spot, they came to the car and gave her the shot and her a vaccination record and directed us out to a waiting area with instructions to wait 15 minutes. Then to the exit where they asked her how she was feeling, scanned again and we left. Took about 35 minutes plus the 15 minute wait after.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Good luck.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
APNEWSALERT: BALTIMORE (AP) — US death toll from the coronavirus tops 400,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tackettdc/status/1351614959415930880
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

400K died on Trump's watch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 213 of 318
Jump to: