OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Strong game against the Bucks. Corner three. You can't leave a 60% three shooter like him open.

Not much you can do when you consider we have KCP in the other corner
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Strong game against the Bucks. Corner three. You can't leave a 60% three shooter like him open.

What a player. Average NBA skills/talents, but always seems to be doing the right things. ALWAYS.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

KCP & Caruso shooting spot up 3s while Lebron looks for the mismatch at the point, and AD is in posting up smalls on a mismatch created on a defensive switch.

Like legit what can an opposing team do in that scenario ..... Pray?

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

What a player. Average NBA skills/talents, but always seems to be doing the right things. ALWAYS.

His basketball IQ is off the charts. Just goes to show if you think the game at an elite level...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

His basketball IQ is off the charts. Just goes to show if you think the game at an elite level...

His does not have average athleticism, he is a plus athlete. Dude is bouncy and lengthy and super quick. Yes, he's a smart player, but he's a very, very good athlete.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

His does not have average athleticism, he is a plus athlete. Dude is bouncy and lengthy and super quick. Yes, he's a smart player, but he's a very, very good athlete.

He is an elite athlete, most people underrate him by the look.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Yeah he is a legit athlete. He moves very well out there, and his iq makes him predict very well too, so he can get into position.

He is also a legit 6'5 with a 6'6' wingspan and 36" vertical leap.

Caruso combine measurements
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

This dude is priority #1 in the offseason; idk how much we have to spend but i would pay just about anything he wants.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Oh for sure he’s a plus athlete. Just saying that he has elite basketball IQ.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
This dude is priority #1 in the offseason; idk how much we have to spend but i would pay just about anything he wants.

Of course there's a lot of season to go, but if the season were to end now, there's no chance we can get away with anything less than $10MM a year. It's probably more like $15MM a year right now, even with his shooting being unsustainable. Somebody will offer him something nice, so we're not going to be able to cheap out. No chance.

To me, he's more important than Schroder or THT. He fits our win-now timeline better than THT does (although we're trying to be sustainable for the future as well), and Schroder is more replaceable than Caruso is. There are not 5 better guard defenders in all of basketball. I don't know that we will pay all 3 guys. To me, Caruso is the one that must stay.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Of course there's a lot of season to go, but if the season were to end now, there's no chance we can get away with anything less than $10MM a year. It's probably more like $15MM a year right now, even with his shooting being unsustainable. Somebody will offer him something nice, so we're not going to be able to cheap out. No chance.

To me, he's more important than Schroder or THT. He fits our win-now timeline better than THT does (although we're trying to be sustainable for the future as well), and Schroder is more replaceable than Caruso is. There are not 5 better guard defenders in all of basketball. I don't know that we will pay all 3 guys. To me, Caruso is the one that must stay.

I agree. Can we offer him $15 mil a year? We have his bird rights right?

Also if we extend Dennis, will we be able to offer AC $15m also?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Yes we have Caruso's full Bird rights, and I think we can go over the cap to keep him as long as we don't go above the luxury tax apron. His cap hold also must be retained, which is projected to be about $5.2MM or so.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Fly Bald Eagle Fly!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

This guy is must retain. Rob should have him super high on the priority list.

Amazing IQ and he plays so well off Lebron and AD. I’d having him in the closing lineup every game if I’m Vogel.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Add to all of this that he is tough af. There was instances that he was defending guys with his body and they having a hard time backing him down in time for the help D to come. Like earlier when Giannis is having a hard time bullying him that gave time to Harrell to help and block Giannis shot. Caruso knew that if he will just hold his ground a help will came. Also the kid cant get injured easily, he had a share of injury but he juat brushed if off.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
pokoy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Yes we have Caruso's full Bird rights, and I think we can go over the cap to keep him as long as we don't go above the luxury tax apron. His cap hold also must be retained, which is projected to be about $5.2MM or so.

The tax apron doesn't matter. It would only come into play if the Lakers wanted to use the full MLE or get a player in. S&T, which they won't next year. The Lakers can offer AC the max if they wanted to.

And you're right, he is a top-5 perimeter defender in the NBA.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Mr Intangibles. Now with an elite 3pt shot. Glad they kept him in the AD trade
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
pokoy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Ksig wrote:

The tax apron doesn't matter. It would only come into play if the Lakers wanted to use the full MLE or get a player in. S&T, which they won't next year. The Lakers can offer AC the max if they wanted to.

And you're right, he is a top-5 perimeter defender in the NBA.

Didn't know that, thanks.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, this version of Caruso is pretty much untradeable imo. He's been a near flawless role player now that the 3 point shot is falling.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject:

Ranking the importance of Lakers system currently:

LB, AD
KCP, Caruso
Harrell
Kuz, Matthews, Schroder
Morris
Gasol, THT

LB and AD are the core.
KCP and Caruso play well alongside the core 2. KCP takes advantage playing alongside the core and Schroder and keeps hitting open shots. Caruso do so many details things to help the team
Harrell is the finisher near the rim
These are our best lineup
Kuz is so dynamic. He plays 2-4. He move well off the ball. So many back door. His defence is improving. Matthews is a veteran 3D and play well alongside the core. Schroder is so talented but not comfortable yet alongside the core 2
Morris is a stretch 4 and plays veteran defense
Gasol is a good defender but not finisher at his age. We haven’t played his strength yet. We are saving his energy and may do it later the season
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject:

The ultimate role player.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject:

shhhhhh...

don't said it out loud

The Bald Eagle has a TS% of .704

HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

He and KCP really make this team the Lakers, they both put in the work and/or took the abuse and need to be rewarded.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

Love AC. Really hope we can keep him long term.

Years ago we coveted Kirk Hinrich. We have the best version of him now.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

That why I said Caruso was the 3rd most important Laker in my book. LBJ, AD and Caruso for me. Every time he is on the floor, all I see is positive results. So far this year every game he played is a + except for the OKC game where he is a -2 the game, the game we blew out LBJ and AD basically sat out the 4th. Unless we are getting a legit 3rd star, Caruso is untradeable in my book.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 108 of 132
Jump to: