OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5718, 5719, 5720 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

Per LA times.

Quote:
There are no immediate plans to fill Cook’s roster spot, and multiple people with knowledge of the situation said they don’t expect the Lakers to reunite with Houston center DeMarcus Cousins if he becomes available as expected. The team will, however, monitor the buyout and trade markets for potential additions to their frontcourt.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-02-23/lakers-waive-quinn-cook-open-roster-spot?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:
There isn’t a team in the league who would survive losing their 2nd and 3rd best player

What was the Slippers record when they were without George Paul and #2?

Idk. I don’t follow them. Please indulge

They beat the Cavs recently without both PG and KL, that’s the only game I can remember...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:
There isn’t a team in the league who would survive losing their 2nd and 3rd best player

They beat the Cavs recently without both PG and KL, that’s the only game I can remember...
solid W considering they beat a full nets team
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I didn't know, I was genuinely curious.

I just took a look and they beat the Cavs with both of them and the fully healthy Heat without.

Last edited by BlueNGold on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I just took a look and they beat the Cavs and the fully healthy Heat.

They’re solid. I guess. Cavs beat nets twice
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Per LA times.

Quote:
There are no immediate plans to fill Cook’s roster spot, and multiple people with knowledge of the situation said they don’t expect the Lakers to reunite with Houston center DeMarcus Cousins if he becomes available as expected. The team will, however, monitor the buyout and trade markets for potential additions to their frontcourt.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2021-02-23/lakers-waive-quinn-cook-open-roster-spot?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

I am happy about that. I like Cousins potential to spread the floor and bang, but he is also slow footed on D and would not give us much more depth than what Gasol already brings. I would look for a more athletic big guy, and I think move may be with either Blake Griffin or Drummond in mind, IF they get bought out soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I just took a look and they beat the Cavs with both of them and the fully healthy Heat without.

No Dragic or Bradley. The Heat aren’t fully healthy.

It’s still a really good win.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

No one:

Mavs : Porzingas is available I repeat porzingas is available.

Everyone:
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Halflife wrote:

No Dragic or Bradley. The Heat aren’t fully healthy.

It’s still a really good win.

Right. If they have Butler, Adebayo, Nunn, Robinson, and Herro, I'd consider them ready to go. Dragic is pretty big for them, but Bradley does not play a big role for them.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halflife wrote:
No one:

Mavs : Porzingas is available I repeat porzingas is available.

Everyone:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Per LA times.

Quote:

I am happy about that. I like Cousins potential to spread the floor and bang, but he is also slow footed on D and would not give us much more depth than what Gasol already brings. I would look for a more athletic big guy, and I think move may be with either Blake Griffin or Drummond in mind, IF they get bought out soon.

I think the buyout market will happen closer to the end of March. I think we will have to make a quick move with at least one of the 2 currently (as of 2/24) open roster spots. We can't wait until the normal buyout period, which is why I think we likely sign someone soon (within end of this week) and then hold the last spot open. If it comes to it, we may then trade out McKinnie for a 3rd open spot.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

For once John Hollinger may be right. I think he had the Lakers finishing 4th (?) in the Western Conference? That may be right due to AD's injury.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

Last time a buyout candidate made a huge impact in the playoffs? Just saying they are bought out for a reason But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Can we mention how bad Pelinka has been since the title? Hindsight of course is 20/20. Maybe Dennis plays better next to LBJ. maybe TREZZ isn’t a hug defensive liability in the playoffs. Maybe Marc gets a shot from the fountain of youth. But still, the decisions have been mediocre at best...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Last time a buyout candidate made a huge impact in the playoffs? Just saying they are bought out for a reason But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

Can we mention how bad Pelinka has been since the title? Hindsight of course is 20/20. Maybe Dennis plays better next to LBJ. maybe TREZZ isn’t a hug defensive liability in the playoffs. Maybe Marc gets a shot from the fountain of youth. But still, the decisions have been mediocre at best...

Kieff was HUGE for us in the playoffs. He closed out Finals games.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:

Keiff shot like 44 percent from three and took around 70 shots in the playoffs. That’s was huge for us. Your not going to find a star, but maybe a piece that helps other players on the roster. At the very least maybe a big just to take the load off AD when he does return.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
For once John Hollinger may be right. I think he had the Lakers finishing 4th (?) in the Western Conference? That may be right due to AD's injury.

Depending on how long AD is out, it could be 5th-6th.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

Keiff shot like 44 percent from three and took around 70 shots in the playoffs. That’s was huge for us. Your not going to find a star, but maybe a piece that helps other players on the roster. At the very least maybe a big just to take the load off AD when he does return.

Agree and totally forgot about Morris. Hopefully lightning strikes twice because it don’t happen often and this roster needs a jolt
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

KD is 32 and recovering from an Achilles injury.

DMC is 30. I get that he had two serious injuries and he's heavier, but it's incredible how one player is a viewed as a max player who may lead his team to a title and the other is thought of as an invalid incapable of making a significant contribution.

Cousins looked terrible at the beginning of the season but he has steadily improved.

At a minimum salary, how can we lose? Many think Schroder will somehow blossom into a shooter after 7 years of mediocrity... yet Boogie can never come close to being the best center in the league? Why is it more realistic to believe Dennis will become something he never has been than for Boogie to become 80% of what he once was? (I'm not rooting against Dennis to become a good three point shooter... I'm mystified why he isn't seeing as he can shoot free throws well... my main point is that people have elevated Schroder to a height that he has never achieved, and relegated Boogie far below what he can become again) The double standard doesn't make sense.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Sorry if I’m late. Trevor Lane said that the Lakers are looking to trade with the Kings for Whiteside.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

DMC is 30. I get that he had two serious injuries and he's heavier, but it's incredible how one player is a viewed as a max player who may lead his team to a title and the other is thought of as an invalid incapable of making a significant contribution.

Cousins looked terrible at the beginning of the season but he has steadily improved.

At a minimum salary, how can we lose? Many think Schroder will somehow blossom into a shooter after 7 years of mediocrity... yet Boogie can never come close to being the best center in the league? Why is it more realistic to believe Dennis will become something he never has been than for Boogie to become 80% of what he once was? (I'm not rooting against Dennis to become a good three point shooter... I'm mystified why he isn't seeing as he can shoot free throws well... my main point is that people have elevated Schroder to a height that he has never achieved, and relegated Boogie far below what he can become again) The double standard doesn't make sense.

Boogie had an acl as well, but I think the issue is he isn’t much of a rim protector, or perimeter defender. That being said right now I think he could do more than what Keiff is currently doing. But as previously mentioned Keiff was huge for us and has shown what he’s capable of.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Because Boogie's mobility is severely limited due to not just the Achilles injury, but the ACL tear. Boogie was a very nimble big man who could move his feet. Now? Not so much.

Dennis is 27 and had a really good season last year. So it's not far fetched to think he can improve as he enters his prime. Boogie has left his prime and has had 2 devastating injuries now. It's not a double standard. Of course if Boogie joins us, I will root for his success but I will certainly not think he will be the Boogie of old.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Sorry if I’m late. Trevor Lane said that the Lakers are looking to trade with the Kings for Whiteside.

Not sure how true this is, but I’d take it. I don’t expect him to be amazing, but some second chance points and having some depth where we are hurting wouldn’t hurt.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Depending on how long AD is out, it could be 5th-6th.

Yeah if we are talking AD missing more than the 4 weeks conservatively, it’s going to be a challenge keeping up with top 3 (Jazz, Clippers, Suns) and then Nuggets, Mavs and even Blazers are capable of long winning streaks.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I have been begging for this for months.

I hope they can get this done.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Because Boogie's mobility is severely limited due to not just the Achilles injury, but the ACL tear. Boogie was a very nimble big man who could move his feet. Now? Not so much.

Dennis is 27 and had a really good season last year. So it's not far fetched to think he can improve as he enters his prime. Boogie has left his prime and has had 2 devastating injuries now. It's not a double standard. Of course if Boogie joins us, I will root for his success but I will certainly not think he will be the Boogie of old.

I saw him do a spin move the other night... It wasn't much but it was more than Marc has done this year. I said 80% of what he was... not all the way back, though who knows if he doesn't get one more setback.

I'm sure every one believes Klay will be a contributor and he had both injuries if I recall correctly.

We aren't talking about a max salary. We are talking about the former best center in the league for minimum salary. It's a great investment if we do it.

Plus our team plays kind of weak except for Dennis and Trez... It will be nice to have another fiery player in the mix. I miss Rondo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5718, 5719, 5720 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5719 of 8560
Jump to: