ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ahaider wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
I hope he can play at this level when our two stars return...

If he can consistently give us 10/10 when they come back, that's all we'll need. Then Trez can pitch 15 in off of the bench getting assists from Gasol and we'll be set.

I don’t trust Trez’s 15. He will be a net 0 or -2 from all the points scored on the Lakers on his defensive breakdowns.

I would rather go small with Kieff at the 5 or have Gasol out there who actually helps LBJ facilitate the offense and while he isn’t the greatest defender anymore is still smart enough to get by and be serviceable in playoff situations.

He’s net 0 because he’s guarding fives. We knew this when we signed him and we also knew that would be a non issue with AD.

For second units - unless they go big we should be playing him. There’s only a handful of 2nd unit bigs who we should worry about him guarding.

We’re not asking him to guard Ayton when the team is healthy - we’re asking him to guard Saric/Kaminsky.

It’s not only guarding 5s. He’s a poor interior defense player...he is very slow to react. I was hoping his technique would improve as he worked with top defensive coaches, but it has not...

He is also a horrible defensive rebounder, which is crazy considering he is above average to pretty good on offensive rebounds.

WORST. TAKE. EVER.

Drummond is literally the All Time NBA Leader in career defensive rebound percentage.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/drb_pct_career.html
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

WORST. TAKE. EVER.

Drummond is literally the All Time NBA Leader in career defensive rebound percentage.

All time leader in total rebound percentage as well, beating out Rodman. That was kind of eye opening for me.

By these metrics he is arguably the greatest rebounder of all time. I knew he was good, but I didn't realize he was that good. But the numbers don't lie in this case. This isn't some compositor or extrapolated stat. The man can rebound.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

WORST. TAKE. EVER.

Were you dying to attack me or something?

If you go back and read again, it’s pretty clear I was talking about Harrell.

Everyone knows Drummond can rebound, that’s why they begged him to come...because Harrell can’t rebound and they saw that they needed someone to rebound like Dwight did last season.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Could always get Howard for $2.5M. Not gutting the team for a non-superstar. Howard was doing basically the same thing as Dre.

27 points too ???

27 points is irrelevant. The way our team is built, Lebron and AD will carry the scoring load. We just need a big body that could block shots and rebound and help AD anchor the defense. Howard was more than capable of doing so. Just like how Schroder was able to handle the ball and run the offense but we don't need all that because we already have Lebron to take care of all that. We just need Drummond to defend and rebound.

We were successful last year with that recipe with Howard. We don't need to change things around. We don't need a center like Gasol could pass and shoot. We don't need Drummond to score. We need a center who could defend and rebound.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

This thread kinda shows how spoiled and fortunate Laker fans are.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
This thread kinda shows how spoiled and fortunate Laker fans are.

WORST. TAKE. EVER.

Lakers fans are literally the NBA all time leader in cheering for the team!!!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

WORST. TAKE. EVER.

Were you dying to attack me or something?

If you go back and read again, it’s pretty clear I was talking about Harrell.

Everyone knows Drummond can rebound, that’s why they begged him to come...because Harrell can’t rebound and they saw that they needed someone to rebound like Dwight did last season.

My bad. I skimmed instead of reading.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

just such a nice personality to have on the team. I'm sure reporters love interviewing him as well
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
just such a nice personality to have on the team. I'm sure reporters love interviewing him as well

His attitude is very refreshing for me. Our culture has encouraged our guys to think the game in another level and it shows in the interviews. it’s nice to see someone who is genuinely happy and just taking all the experience in.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Im glad people are now recognizing ad2’s perimeter defense. I really believe this is his niche defensively as a big man. His closeouts however, although decent as it is, can still be improved. I think it’s more on his technique, so it can be solved easily.

Offensively, im looking forward to him showcasing his playmaking more. He is a solid passer both out of the post or from the nail. Id also like to see how he does as a facilitator on the short roll as his next progression. Feels like he has enough ballhandling and control to be effective.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

His attitude is very refreshing for me. Our culture has encouraged our guys to think the game in another level and it shows in the interviews. it’s nice to see someone who is genuinely happy and just taking all the experience in.

This is a huge thing for me. Similar to why I love having both LeBron and AD on the team - both fun-loving, positive personalities that are still able to take things seriously on the court. Drummond is similar

I like supporting these guys much more than Durant/Kyrie types
#18 next...
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

This is a huge thing for me. Similar to why I love having both LeBron and AD on the team - both fun-loving, positive personalities that are still able to take things seriously on the court. Drummond is similar

I like supporting these guys much more than Durant/Kyrie types

Yeah, for some reason I was not expecting him to have such a great/positive attitude like he has but it's been a great surprise on top of his beastly oncourt game.

About the Nets guys, i'll be surprised if there's not talk about friction or someone not being happy over there during the Playoffs. I called that once they got Harden, I think they'll be fine while all the big 3 are rotating in and out and still winning a good clip of games in the regular season but the Playoffs are another entire thing. They're def. up there as one of the most unlikeable rosters ever for me at least.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:

All time leader in total rebound percentage as well, beating out Rodman. That was kind of eye opening for me.

By these metrics he is arguably the greatest rebounder of all time. I knew he was good, but I didn't realize he was that good. But the numbers don't lie in this case. This isn't some compositor or extrapolated stat. The man can rebound.

Considering "Defensive Rebound Pct since 1973-74 (1967-68 for ABA)" I wouldn't say all time... there are some great rebounders whose stats are not being kept for this metric (Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain just to name two)
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

This guy is horrible
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

DS handling and setting up Drummond keeps him from making bad passes himself. I hope these guys build chemistry in the next few weeks.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

There are times Drummond looks really good, and there are other times that he looks (bleep) awful
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Dre 14 points and 19 rebounds and a huge +14.

Too bad they lost because his backup aka Trez was a -19.

14 - 19 = -5

And guess how many points the Lakers lost by? 5.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Trez’s -19 completely negated Drummond’s +14 in shorter mins too, ouch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, this was a super rough one for Trezz.. I seen several times where he just looked like he didn't have a care in the world on the defensive end while getting a sudden jolt of energy and going all out on the offensive end. One of the turning points in the game was when he barely got hit on his face but like usual was overly dramatic and stayed on that side of the floor while the Mavs got an easy transition bucket on the other end and you could see Caruso was super frustrated looking down the floor at Trezz who surprise, surprise was magically fine and ready to go once again on the offensive end.

Sometime late 3rd or early 4th I was just over watching him play and was shocked to see how good he was doing offensively since he had so many bad plays defensively I couldn't even appreciate it. As good as his stats were i'd say he was def. the worst Laker tonight by a large margin in my eyes at least. I was just begging Dre to come back.

Like I said before though, Vogel has to either man up and start benching him when he plays horrible defense or simply don't play him at center outside of small stretches or against teams that can't constantly exploit him on that end. Call me crazy but I fully believe we win this if that's Gasol or any other even semi competent defensive big in the middle. The constant ft's, layups and dunks made this game tough to watch even when we kept coming back.

Luckily, in the Playoffs we should have one of Dre, AD or at least Lebron on the floor with him which will help but he's got to at least try a little more.. The effort simply isnt there consistently at all which is kind of pathetic at times tbh for a guy that's so energetic and relentless on the other end.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Not Trezz's thread but I have to say, Vogel not playing Gasol at backup 5 and Harrell at backup 4 which he said HE WOULD DO is getting frustrating by this point.

Trez is a solid backup 5, the best backup 5 in the game. But we have an opportunity to have Gasol as the backup 5 and him as the backup 4... and Vogel isn't even attempting it despite their games complimenting each other.

It's annoying and frustrating.

Anyway Drummond did fine.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Not Trezz's thread but I have to say, Vogel not playing Gasol at backup 5 and Harrell at backup 4 which he said HE WOULD DO is getting frustrating by this point.

Trez is a solid backup 5, the best backup 5 in the game. But we have an opportunity to have Gasol as the backup 5 and him as the backup 4... and Vogel isn't even attempting it despite their games complimenting each other.

Exactly! I agree, very frustrating! Trez should be backup 4 with Gasol backup 5.

I disagree with Trez being a "solid" backup 5.......I just don't like his defense and rebounding, easy layups given up, etc.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Vogel doesn’t have the guts to bench him maybe Vogel believes he can elevate his game a la rondo. Otherwise we are toast with him at backup center, as teams will exploit him over and over.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

Good god he had 19 rebounds last game. Don’t know a lot of people that can do that besides AD.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

NEED MORE PICK N ALLEY OOP PLAYS FOR AD2
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
MJST wrote:

Exactly! I agree, very frustrating! Trez should be backup 4 with Gasol backup 5.

I disagree with Trez being a "solid" backup 5.......I just don't like his defense and rebounding, easy layups given up, etc.

Can Trezz hit jumpers? Or would playing him at 4 be a spacing nightmare? He just isn’t tall enough to play Center on defense.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 59 of 81
Jump to: