*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (05/12/21/ Gm#70) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I hope our starting five could start the last two games together. It's crazy to think that they've only played one game together this whole season.

And risk re-injury? Nah.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
leking006 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Smart play by THT. Kid is definitely not a low IQ bball player.

Not low IQ, but looks like a case of a tunnel vision. Mamba mentality.

He tried every angle at the end, but glad he passed back out to Kuz who made the winning score.

He took a ton of steps and him and Harrell were in the key forever. That was good he didn’t try to force something though, that whole play was a turnover waiting to happen.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
32 wrote:
I hope our starting five could start the last two games together. It's crazy to think that they've only played one game together this whole season.

And risk re-injury? Nah.

Meh...I get it. But, man, theyve been side-line ridden for so long and do need time together. I guess I dont see having them play 20 minutes or so as meaningless going into the play-in game.

I'd get ripped as a coach tho if they did get injured.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
32 wrote:

And risk re-injury? Nah.

Meh...I get it. But, man, theyve been side-line ridden for so long and do need time together. I guess I dont see having them play 20 minutes or so as meaningless going into the play-in game.

Playing half hearted is more prone to injury. Not unless Bron will just stay outside the paint, and stop going for 50/50 balls. But still it's too risky, 1 injury to key players , that's probably it for the season and it's on a no bearing game.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
32 wrote:

And risk re-injury? Nah.

Playing half hearted is more prone to injury. Not unless Bron will just stay outside the paint, and stop going for 50/50 balls. But still it's too risky, 1 injury to key players , that's probably it for the season and it's on a no bearing game.

Welp, I didnt say to have them play half hearted, just have them not play 40 minutes. I think team may be more prone to lose without more reps together (See: Kings and Raps games).

I get your concern, and the rationale behind it. I just dont think its the only way to look at it, at least for me.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
32 wrote:

And risk re-injury? Nah.

Welp, I didnt say to have them play half hearted, just have them not play 40 minutes. I think team may be more prone to lose without more reps together (See: Kings and Raps games).

I get your concern, and the rationale behind it. I just dont think its the only way to look at it, at least for me.

I feel the exact same way.. I think it's also extremely dangerous to not play hardly any basketball for 2+ months as the teams best player and suddenly be ready for high octane Playoff basketball as your first game back.

I can def. see the other side of the argument and I guess it just comes down to preference but i'd love to see a couple 20ish minute games from him to get a little bit of the rust off before a likely do or die 1 game play-in then onto being the road team in a full series.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
32 wrote:

And risk re-injury? Nah.

Yup, I get your point, too. It will be tough decision for Vogel too as his ass is on the line. An injury to key player will probably lead to his firing if they don't win the ring. Hopefully not.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject:

Never should have been that close of a game.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
32 wrote:

And risk re-injury? Nah.

If you are not game ready, you have more chance of getting injured in playoffs.

they are not machines that you can just plug in and off.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Exactly ^ . If they're afraid to get hurt, then they're in the wrong profession. Sitting players before the playoffs works for healthy well oiled machines. Our squad has only played 1 game together all season and AD / LBJ should be plenty rested.
They need to get their legs and chemistry back.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell@ LakersReporter

Saturday’s Lakers game at Indiana starts at 10 a.m. Pacific;
Sunday’s game at New Orleans is at 6 p.m., the same time that Dallas and Portland tip.
Seeding in the West for LAL could be decided by Saturday if Portland wins on Thursday (at PHX) or Dallas wins Friday (vs. TOR).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: