Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A lot have come to or been in the PNW too

There was a major one up there, I think the Green River killer. I recall reading or hearing that he told them where to find one of his dump sites and they found 2-3 other sets of remains before the one they were looking for in the same bramble. That reminded me of the Wayne Williams case from Atlanta. They did a special on HBO or SHO recently. I saw the first 2 parts of it, dunno if anyone else did. I think I might've mentioned it in this thread.

The Dem mayor Keisha Lance-Bottoms re-opened that case. She appears on Maddow and other MSNBC shows a lot. It was personal to her, she was a young girl at the time in Atlanta and one of the supposed victims was a girl, tho she may not have been one of Williams' victims. I think it was Williams, but since it was a fiber based case, how much they can figure out 40 years later will be interesting to hear. The thing that got him caught was a large splash from a bridge that a stakeout team heard from under the bridge. They stop his car at 2AM, he gives some bogus tale about going to a house to work with some kid on a music project and he gives an address that isn't real and he's out there at 2AM sayin he was supposed to be there at 8AM and he has rope/gloves/mask in his car. He's full of sh. I highly doubt he's innocent, but it's unfortunately a case based on circumstantial evidence at a time where the FBI was in a building substandard for forensic work w/ air ducts spraying fibers all over the place. Because of that, I doubt there will ever be a final link unless they're able to find some of Williams' DNA material that went unnoticed. The good thing is that it takes trace amounts of material to do DNA tests nowadays, not a pool of blood.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Tue May 11, 2021 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

The Ripper on Netflix I feel is well done despite the brutal story it illustrates.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

DNA ID'd John Doe from 1845, cmon now. How'd they know he had mutton chops tho?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/05/science/hms-erebus-sailor.html?action=click&module=Editors%20Picks&pgtype=Homepage
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
The Ripper on Netflix I feel is well done despite the brutal story it illustrates.

Thanks for the recommendation. First 2 episodes were good. Can't wait to finish it tonight.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. First 2 episodes were good. Can't wait to finish it tonight.

Glad you checked it out! Just seeing all the original footage of depressed Northern England at that time is very interesting to me, not to mention the chase for the depraved maniac.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

Watched "Assassins" yesterday. I guess it was released a year ago but I just heard of it recently. It covers the story of the two young women who were involved in the murder of Kim Jong-Un's half-brother at the airport in Kuala Lumpur.

It was interesting.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Hulu Scores Untitled Lakers Docuseries
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Narco Wars (NatGeo) Season 2 has started. I thought Season 1 was great. Much of it that was covered, you are probably aware of if you watched similar docs in the past as it focused on Columbia (Escobar, Cali Cartel, etc.) and Mexico (Chapo, Sinaloa Cartel, etc.)...but the last few episodes went into some detail about Los Zetas that I had less knowledge of outside of their origination. Season 2 appears to be focused on the mafia's role in distribution in the US.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Do you need the nat geo subscription service for that?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Saw the Very Scary People epis (both) on the Dating Game Killer. I remember hearing that a serial killer was once a winning guest on the show (the woman who chose him rightly trusted her creep radar and didn't go on the date), but never saw him or what he did. What a creep, mang. Guess that goes without saying, but he exuded creep thru the screen. The crap this guy got away with before he finally got a life sentence w/ no parole would give you a headache to hear. Classic and disgusting case of a POS who kept being released from prison via bail, wealthy mother who condoned his ways, and good attorneys so he could kill more women until he finally got busted for irrefutable evidence. DNA finally caught up w/ him since the 70s. That show's eps are on demand w/ Spectrum if you got it. Prolly on other carriers too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Do you need the nat geo subscription service for that?

It comes on the regular cable channel....I think new episodes are Thursdays @ 9PM in Florida. Most of the time I turn to the channel, it seems like one of the past episodes is airing recently because of Season 2 beginning. You can also log into the website with a cable account....or it streams on HULU and is part of Disney+ streaming.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Gotcha. Thanks Adkindo.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A lot have come to or been in the PNW too

So that's why you're here . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Watched "Assassins" yesterday. I guess it was released a year ago but I just heard of it recently. It covers the story of the two young women who were involved in the murder of Kim Jong-Un's half-brother at the airport in Kuala Lumpur.

It was interesting.

I really liked it.
Didn't know anything about the murder going in.
Surprised Hollywood hasn't made a movie about it already.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

It was interesting.

What's yer take, do you think they knew what they were doing or do you think they were duped into pulling a deadly prank?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if you classify this as a doc, The Accidental President (2020) It's about how Trump became president.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Watched the Showtime series The Kings. Took me back to my youth, and reminded me why I liked all four of them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Watched the Showtime series The Kings. Took me back to my youth, and reminded me why I liked all four of them.

I watched S1, E1. I didn't know about Duran harassing Leonard's wife. Hagler's skill was his bane. No one wanted to fight him. Hearns's bane was his chin. It was glass.

Have you boxed amature or professionally?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I watched S1, E1. I didn't know about Duran harassing Leonard's wife. Hagler's skill was his bane. No one wanted to fight him. Hearns's bane was his chin. It was glass.

Have you boxed amature or professionally?

Amateur.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

"The Kings Documentary." A revealing documentary. I learned things about the fighters that gave me another perception of them as men.

I think Ray Leonard's journey was more storied. He was more celebrity than the other 3. I got the impression they envied him.

Duran's journey, more violent. He came over to me as if in a street fight would kick a man he had down.

Marvin was most underappreciated. He fought for the recognition he never received.

Hearns present physical condition allows he took the most punishment. I say that because of his slurred speech.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I levy a 9.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Not a docu, but this is a very interesting site to waste time in. Informative, kinda like Modern Marvels or somethin of that ilk.

Business Insider is the name of the account. One of their series is why this n that are so expensive.

EG Frankincense and myrrh.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

It was interesting.

What's yer take, do you think they knew what they were doing or do you think they were duped into pulling a deadly prank?

I think they were duped. If they knew they were going to be involved in a murder, I don't see why they would need so many practice runs.

I think all those practice runs were so they'd be relaxed and wouldn't suspect they were rubbing a deadly nerve agent on their hands when the time came.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

It was interesting.

I think they were duped. If they knew they were going to be involved in a murder, I don't see why they would need so many practice runs.

I think all those practice runs were so they'd be relaxed and wouldn't suspect they were rubbing a deadly nerve agent on their hands when the time came.

I think they were duped. Having forgotten the outcome of the case I was a bit on edge waiting to see what would happen to Doan Thi Huong.

Kim got what he wanted, world recognition, and he met and duped Dump.

Good watch. Thanks for the heads up. 👍🏾

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

Watched "Chasing the Thunder". It follows the events as two Sea Shepherd ships tail one of the world's most notorious illegal fishing vessels in an effort to prevent it from fishing and \gather evidence to prosecute the crew and owners. You wouldn't think three boats playing cat and mouse at 11 knots would be exciting, but it is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

It was interesting.

I think they were duped. Having forgotten the outcome of the case I was a bit on edge waiting to see what would happen to Doan Thi Huong.

Kim got what he wanted, world recognition, and he met and duped Dump.

Good watch. Thanks for the heads up. 👍🏾

I gotta disagree w/ you, Jodie and No. 1. They looked very intent in their stride and really got that into the guy's face as if the rag was a pie. They didn't appear to be pensive or hesitant in any way. I doubt they would've trusted two randos to do what they duped them into, much less two gurlz. A young woman like that might be hesitant to go rub a rag in a strange man's face based on how he would probably react to it. Imagine convincing two 20 somethings to do that at an airport. That would be a hard thing to do, imo.
Kim wanted his brother dead so bad, they would have made certain of the outcome by hiring two people to do it. Plus, that's something you definitely wouldn't put past Lil Kim to do. That's in the dictator rulebook. They have people killed from afar.

Stalin had Leon Trotsky killed in Mexico in 1940, well after he was an influential figure in Russia. He had been gone for over a decade living an isolated life in Mexico and they eventually got to him and he was killed by an ice axe. The axe penetrated his brain and he stuggled w/ the assassin until his bodyguards beat the assassin. Trotsky died the next day. The assassin did 20 yrs in a Mexican prison.

In 1978, dissident writer Georgi Markov was killed by a ricin pellet that was injected into his leg by an umbrella device. Guy walked up to him and stabbed him in the leg w/ the tip of the umbrella which implanted the pellet. He was in the UK at the time of his assassination.

Then you have the recent Putin poisonings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: