View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
Money May still got one more mega fight, if Pac Man somehow pulls it off against Spence, they both can ride into the sunset with one last 9 figure payday

IMO Pacquaio made a career ending decision. I hope he comes out of this with his faculties intact and hangs up the Everlast's.

Pac's too old to chase Mayweather down. Floyd would get on his 10 speed and keep it in high gear.

When Pac got close, quoting Kendrick Perkins, he'd make him smell his cologne.

May would hug Pac so tight he may get charged for sexual harassment.

I wouldn't buy the fight. It would be a snoozer.

Man, I'm worried about this Spence fight, bigger younger stronger fighter. PacMan prob don't feel like he's 43 but his body is 43. (I'm a big PacMan fan)
As far as Money-Pac fight, you know they gonna milk this one more time, it's too much money to let go and yes, people will pay

the fear is what pac,looks like and sounds like 10yrs from now. Still a young man at 53. He already seems a little bit out of it like a wet brain effect.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

One of the most exciting fighters in boxing: the Monster, Inoue, will be fighting in about an hour on ESPN+. Undercard is on now. Charlo fighting tonight too on Showtime.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

Montiel took a beating. He lost every round. You have to give him props for staying the course. He went at Chalo every round, he never backed up. He fought a courageous fight.

Looking forward to June 26 Gervonta Tank Davis vs Mario Barrios Showtime PPV

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Montiel took a beating. He lost every round. You have to give him props for staying the course. He went at Chalo every round, he never backed up. He fought a courageous fight.

Was good to see how Charlo handled a little adversity when he was cut for the first time in his career. Montiel looked like a zombie out there getting blasted for most of the fight and still coming forward relentlessly. Was surprised that Montiel was not stopped in the 5/6th round when Charlo turned up the heat and hurt him.

Won't be watching or paying for any Tank Davis fights until he faces Teofimo Lopez or Loma. Will probably watch the Loma fight on the 26th instead of Tank's fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Was good to see how Charlo handled a little adversity when he was cut for the first time in his career. Montiel looked like a zombie out there getting blasted for most of the fight and still coming forward relentlessly. Was surprised that Montiel was not stopped in the 5/6th round when Charlo turned up the heat and hurt him.

Won't be watching or paying for any Tank Davis fights until he faces Teofimo Lopez or Loma. Will probably watch the Loma fight on the 26th instead of Tank's fight.

I'll be watching but won't be paying. I have Firestick and downloaded Eminence. The best don't fight the best anymore.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'll be watching but won't be paying. I have Firestick and downloaded Eminence. The best don't fight the best anymore.

Fury vs. Wilder, Canelo vs. GGG, Lopez vs. Loma are all notable examples to the contrary. The best rarely fight the best, but the rarity of the scenario does not excuse the pathetic ducking we see in the sport from most fighters. Spence is in that category too until he fights Crawford.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Fury vs. Wilder, Canelo vs. GGG, Lopez vs. Loma are all notable examples to the contrary. The best rarely fight the best, but the rarity of the scenario does not excuse the pathetic ducking we see in the sport from most fighters. Spence is in that category too until he fights Crawford.

Spence vs Crawford, I like Bud. He seems to be more of a fighter with a purpose. He really has the eye of the tiger.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Spence vs Crawford, I like Bud. He seems to be more of a fighter with a purpose. He really has the eye of the tiger.

Man got shot in the head and survived. He's definitely got the eye of the tiger, and he fears no one! Looking forward to his next fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Man got shot in the head and survived. He's definitely got the eye of the tiger, and he fears no one! Looking forward to his next fight.

I remember. He was shooting craps on a street corner. Bud was still running with his boyhood friends. That shot cost him an ESPN fight. It also put his life into perspective. He left the streets and hit the gym. The rest is history.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

After Loma whooped Nakatani tonight, i would love to see a Lopez rematch if he'll grant one. Didn't catch the Davis fight, but i heard he stopped his opponent. Hopefully, Gervonta will decide to fight one of the top guys at 135 sometime soon.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

That Tank fight was a ton of fun to watch.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
After Loma whooped Nakatani tonight, i would love to see a Lopez rematch if he'll grant one. Didn't catch the Davis fight, but i heard he stopped his opponent. Hopefully, Gervonta will decide to fight one of the top guys at 135 sometime soon.

Gervonta Davis vs Mario Barios

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Thanks! I caught some of the highlights this morning. Sounds like Gervonta started slow while waiting for a KO opportunity until Mayweather told him he was losing the fight. Then, Davis turned up the heat and finished Barrios late. Wish he would fight Garcia, Lopez, or Loma, so we can see how good Davis really is. However, Mayweather basically said he will only be fighting PBC fighters, which is a shame.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

I wanna see Haney v. Lopez. I think Haney is the best lightweight on the planet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Thanks! I caught some of the highlights this morning. Sounds like Gervonta started slow while waiting for a KO opportunity until Mayweather told him he was losing the fight. Then, Davis turned up the heat and finished Barrios late. Wish he would fight Garcia, Lopez, or Loma, so we can see how good Davis really is. However, Mayweather basically said he will only be fighting PBC fighters, which is a shame.

It's All About The Benjamins

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

LOMACHENKO vs NAKATANI

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Love Bud but he had a chance to go where all the top 147ers and 54s were and he resigned with Arum, which will make that fight harder to make. Manny jumped ship and has fought Thurman, Broner and now Spence. Spence’s resume at 47 is easily better than Bud’s. Haven’t really seen Spence hurt. I’ve seen Crawford buzzed a few times.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Love Bud but he had a chance to go where all the top 147ers and 54s were and he resigned with Arum, which will make that fight harder to make. Manny jumped ship and has fought Thurman, Broner and now Spence. Spence’s resume at 47 is easily better than Bud’s. Haven’t really seen Spence hurt. I’ve seen Crawford buzzed a few times.

Will be good to see how Spence fights in his second bout after the accident since we have not seen the "old" Spence after that. The promoter excuse is another one used by fighters to duck risky propositions. If Mayweather vs. Pacquiao can get done with Pac still signed with Arum, Crawford and Spence can get done too.

What we know is Bud has been calling Spence out for years and told him to his face that he will stop him. Spence, on the other hand, keeps talking about how he's the man and Bud is on the "wrong side of the street", etc. As a fighter, i like Spence's style of going to the body relentlessly, but he needs to take that fight with Bud before he can solidify his legacy imo.

In terms of Spence's resume, Porter (a limited fighter) gave Spence all he could handle, and Danny Garcia has never won a big fight after Matthysse. Spence could not stop Mikey, who moved up to face him and has no power. If Spence cannot stop Pacquiao (which he should be able to do), there will be more question marks about Spence's ability to win convincingly against fighters that he is heavily favored against.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Mike Tyson - Baddest Man On The Planet (Original Knockout Documentary)
Mar 19, 2021
This producer.. 1:33:33 long high quality movie about everything Tyson
He could produce for ESPN Documentaries if he wanted to
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Spence out with an injury leaving Ugas to step in. Typical.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Manny Pacquiao is fighting tonight. Prelims on now.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Spence out with an injury leaving Ugas to step in. Typical.

It's reported he has a detached retina.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Manny Pacquiao is fighting tonight. Prelims on now.

he is clearly losing on the card going into the 10th by at least 2 rounds
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Pacman old....lost the speed he used to have.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Pacman old....lost the speed he used to have.

Should definitely hang em up at this point. Nothing special about Ugas, who will likely get destroyed by either Spence or Crawford.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 493, 494, 495 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 494 of 514
Jump to: