ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Clips will offer him the biggest max possible. But I would really consider trading him thereafter too.

That team with PG13 is good and if you can get another star back for Kawhi, even better.

If the Clippers re-sign Kawhi at the biggest max possible only to trade him shortly thereafter, what kind of a message would that send to the rest of the league about how that team treats its stars?

I could see that dissuading other stars from wanting to play for the Clippers.

they did that exact thing with blake and still lured pg, kawai, rjax, ibaka.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
@vlf @rafael_nadal,

Any worries in clipper nation about Kawhi possibly leaving this summer?

I don’t think so, he has what he wanted. He is playing at home and has his own team, I don’t see him being interested in leaving home or joining someone else’s team.

He is pissed at your medical staff tho. So you never know.

and its the clippers. It is certainly not a franchise to be proud to play on.

Kawhi seems proud to be there.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
@vlf @rafael_nadal,

I don’t think so, he has what he wanted. He is playing at home and has his own team, I don’t see him being interested in leaving home or joining someone else’s team.

link?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
@vlf @rafael_nadal,

VLF! You're back!

But anyway I haven't seen any indication that Kawhi is proud to be there. I also haven't seen any indication that he isn't. In typical Kawhi fashion he keeps his thoughts and emotions to himself and he's very difficult to read and/or predict.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
slavavov wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Clips will offer him the biggest max possible. But I would really consider trading him thereafter too.

That team with PG13 is good and if you can get another star back for Kawhi, even better.

If the Clippers re-sign Kawhi at the biggest max possible only to trade him shortly thereafter, what kind of a message would that send to the rest of the league about how that team treats its stars?

I could see that dissuading other stars from wanting to play for the Clippers.

they did that exact thing with blake and still lured pg, kawai, rjax, ibaka.

Depends on if you are a weak-minded player.

AD knows his quality and said, "hell no, I won't play in Boston after what happened to IT."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

Kawhi and PG went there because Ballmer gave them all the preferential treatment and perks.

Remember how Clippers players in 2019-20 season didn’t think PG deserved the top tier superstar treatment that guys like Lebron, KD and Steph get?

I’m sure they sold Griffin on similar things and Griffin got burned by Ballmer, to the point where he wouldn’t shake his hand.

Kawhi and his camp are a different story. They will leave Ballmer in the dust…he won’t stab Kawhi in the back, but Kawhi will if he really wants to…
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

This is hilarious. Old but still funny.

Quote:
People are breathing a sigh of relief today for the long-suffering spectators' sudden deaths, and for the total elimination of the Clippers' roster off the face of the earth.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
People are breathing a sigh of relief today for the long-suffering spectators' sudden deaths, and for the total elimination of the Clippers' roster off the face of the earth.

My hate for the Clippers wasn't this deep back in 2009, otherwise I would have seen this video. This is freaking hilarious!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

My hate for the Clippers wasn't this deep back in 2009, otherwise I would have seen this video. This is freaking hilarious!

It's a classic!
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject:

I hate the clippers, but that's pretty morbid even for me.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Geographers all around the world are looking for an alternative name for Marianas Trench

"The gap between Lakers and Clippers" is one of the names under consideration,per last rumors
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

It sucks we wont get a real LA-LA playoff series now. These past 2 years were our only shot. 2022 will be missing Kawhi and 2023 will have Lebron at almost 40.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
It sucks we wont get a real LA-LA playoff series now. These past 2 years were our only shot. 2022 will be missing Kawhi and 2023 will have Lebron at almost 40.

Blame Silver. He was too busy trying to rig Zion into the playoffs and now lost out on the “this is his city” battle.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

Damn. That ain't right.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Today better be the Kawhi not opting in announcement.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

This is something I didn't know. It may have already been posted. It's an old article.

Looks like the Lakers may have dodged a bullet when he didn't sign here. I'd bet the condo he wouldn't have gotten that kind of treatment here. Bron wouldn't have stood for it.

Kawhi Leonard’s pregame privacy request caused uneasiness in Clippers’ locker room

Jeremy Chua December 2, 2020

LINK

Quote:
According to Jovan Buha of The Athletic, the team’s training staff would create a private space for Leonard to do his pre-game routine prior to every Clippers game. He also often occupied the female staffers’ locker room during road games and sometimes during double-headers in the Staples Center last season. Several players and staffers were reportedly knowledgeable about the situation which ultimately caused uneasiness within the team.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
epic_ wrote:

This is something I didn't know. It may have already been posted. It's an old article.

Looks like the Lakers may have dodged a bullet when he didn't sign here. I'd bet the condo he wouldn't have gotten that kind of treatment here. Bron wouldn't have stood for it.

Kawhi Leonard’s pregame privacy request caused uneasiness in Clippers’ locker room

Jeremy Chua December 2, 2020

LINK

Quote:
According to Jovan Buha of The Athletic, the team’s training staff would create a private space for Leonard to do his pre-game routine prior to every Clippers game. He also often occupied the female staffers’ locker room during road games and sometimes during double-headers in the Staples Center last season. Several players and staffers were reportedly knowledgeable about the situation which ultimately caused uneasiness within the team.

i think a lot of this has to do with ownership/management. Clearly the clippers were so desperate. embarrassingly so, that the way past his prime, greatest GM ever had to go beyond the rules to get him there.

Like most talented people when negotiating they push for as much as they can get. The Clippers being so disgustingly, grossly desperate they may have caved on mention of this. KL probably did his iconic laugh and said "really". Had to sign after he realized how disturbingly desperate they were for him knowing he and uncle D are the real owners of the team..
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

KL wanted to be with the Clippers, I think he is resigned to the fact that this is where he will play out his career. As long as he gets his contract extension, he will play as often as he has to do, milk out the 4 year contract extension, and call it a day. He probably won't lose any sleep over not getting past the conference finals. He is getting paid max money, playing close to San Diego, and basically dictates when he will play his 55-65 games a year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
KL wanted to be with the Clippers, I think he is resigned to the fact that this is where he will play out his career. As long as he gets his contract extension, he will play as often as he has to do, milk out the 4 year contract extension, and call it a day. He probably won't lose any sleep over not getting past the conference finals. He is getting paid max money, playing close to San Diego, and basically dictates when he will play his 55-65 games a year.

Maybe. Like I said the Lakers may have dodged a bullet. Who in the hell wants a diva?

I don't have the particulars on why he left San Antonio. It may well have been because of the way the medical staff handled his injury.

After reading the article in my post I'm beginning to think there's more to it than meets the eye.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@sergeibaka: unfinished personal business #Grateful

Clipper nation!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Has anybody read Ramona Shelburne's piece on Russell Westbrook? I don't have a membership to read it. I just saw this tweet. It would be sweet to see Russ win a title before Pandemic P.

Quote:
Russell Westbrook reached out to Kawhi Leonard about teaming up in Los Angeles in 2019, but Kawhi ended up reaching out to Paul George instead and told him he’d rather team up with him. (Per @ramonashelburne)

Here is the link:

How two phone calls two years apart led to the Los Angeles Lakers landing Russell Westbrook

Last edited by 32 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

Kawhi preferred playing with George over Westbrook. No big deal, players have their favorites.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 371, 372, 373 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 372 of 439
Jump to: